Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRVmoving View Post
Would there be any updates on this recall ? Thank you
NHTSA website still says the recall is incomplete and the remedy is not yet available. Maybe bclemens has an update...
Old 05-31-2022, 07:31 AM   #82

Mysterious Fix??

This morning when I went to the NHTSA site to check on the torsion bar recall, I put my VIN in the search tool and it says '0 Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN.' How is that possible? MB site says the same thing...

Was there a mysterious fix over the weekend???
Old 05-31-2022, 07:36 AM   #83
Commercial Member

Not all of them are affected. What is the last (6) of your VIN?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 07:51 AM   #84

1 year anniversary

Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the torsion bar issued being discovered - any update on status?
Daniel_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:02 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Not all of them are affected. What is the last (6) of your VIN?

Every time I've checked up to now, it has said that my vehicle is in the recall. Did they 'clear' some of them?
Old 05-31-2022, 08:05 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno 2022 View Post

Every time I've checked up to now, it has said that my vehicle is in the recall. Did they 'clear' some of them?
Mine too 149350.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:08 AM   #87
Commercial Member

Quote:

I don't show that vehicle ever being part of the torsion bar recall.

Edit: scratch that. I'm not sure what that is. On the original email that I got, that VIN showed up in the recall range, but when I plug it into the MB-USA site and the Forest River site, I show no open recalls.

I am trying to get the list of VIN's from MB...not sure how we generated ours.

Old 05-31-2022, 08:11 AM   #88

Quote:
I don't show that vehicle ever being part of the torsion bar recall.
Then something is very, very strange because my VIN showed up on NHTSA and MB as an affected unit.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:18 AM   #89

Just checked. My VIN previously showed waiting on recall now saying none.. Let's hope parts are shipped and remediation in progress.
RichWMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:41 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWMB View Post
Just checked. My VIN previously showed waiting on recall now saying none.. Let's hope parts are shipped and remediation in progress.
Well, very strange...
Juno 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:30 AM   #91
Commercial Member

Public Service Announcement for my sanity....

The factory people (me) responding to questions about the recall here on the forum, are the same factory people (me) responding to questions about the recall on Facebook, Instagram, etc. (sales team may respond to other questions)

SO, if you ask here and we don't have an answer, asking on Facebook will not yield a different answer as it is the same person responding. It just requires more typing from me. Also, if we respond to a question in a private message, no one else can benefit from the answer (which is why we prefer to send out updates here so all can read).

I PROMISE, if I hear anything, I will post on our FB page and this forum. Pinky swear.

Old 05-31-2022, 10:11 AM   #92

MB fine tuning

Sounds like MB may of fined tuned the range of potentially impacted units - hopefully a chance for FR (and dealers) to free up some space on the lot.
Old 05-31-2022, 10:48 AM   #93

No Mysterious Fix Afterall...

Well, I suppose that there was just a glitch in the recall systems this morning because now my VIN shows up as part of the recall again. Sorry everyone got their hopes up. I think we're back in 'waiting' mode again and the status still shows as 'Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available'.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:01 AM   #94

Quote:
Well, I suppose that there was just a glitch in the recall systems this morning because now my VIN shows up as part of the recall again. Sorry everyone got their hopes up. I think we're back in 'waiting' mode again and the status still shows as 'Recall Incomplete, remedy not yet available'.
Just look away, nothing to see here...
Old 05-31-2022, 11:07 AM   #95
Commercial Member

Quote:
Could be my fault...I reached out to their aftermarket support team trying to figure out why it no longer showed a recall and gave them the VIN.

Or total coincidence.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:21 PM   #96

Quote:
Could be my fault...I reached out to their aftermarket support team trying to figure out why it no longer showed a recall and gave them the VIN.

Or total coincidence.
I attribute it to the unusual miscommunications that happen when Mercury goes retrograde...

"Three or four times a year, Mercury passes the earth in its orbit. As it rounds the bend, Mercury slows down and appears to stop and spin backward (retrograde). In astrology, Mercury rules communication, travel, and technology—so all of these areas can go haywire for about three weeks. "
Old 06-04-2022, 10:11 AM   #97

Just checking to see if there is any updates yet? 4th of July is quickly approaching do you think we should cancel our reservations and plans?

I know Dynamax is working on this problem but I am just trying to make plans and minimize trip fee losses.

Thank you
Moose356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:39 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose356 View Post
Just checking to see if there is any updates yet? 4th of July is quickly approaching do you think we should cancel our reservations and plans?

I know Dynamax is working on this problem but I am just trying to make plans and minimize trip fee losses.

Thank you
I think July 4th would be very optimistic. I have paid cancel fees on 3 trips now and holding out a little for July 4th before I cancel and incur more fees. Parts are available overseas but I can't get word on when US will receive them from anyone. I spoke with MB dealer a week or so ago and they said 1-2 months before dealer begins getting parts. I am sure all those parts will first go to dealers that have sprinters sitting on their lots.
jmac705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 11:55 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac705 View Post
I think July 4th would be very optimistic. I have paid cancel fees on 3 trips now and holding out a little for July 4th before I cancel and incur more fees. Parts are available overseas but I can't get word on when US will receive them from anyone. I spoke with MB dealer a week or so ago and they said 1-2 months before dealer begins getting parts. I am sure all those parts will first go to dealers that have sprinters sitting on their lots.
If you spoke to a dealer a week ago who said 1-2 months, that's actually a little bit encouraging. That would mean parts available in July...earlier reports were saying August or September. I have no idea who would get first dibs on the parts...there are only 4 units that MB owns at dealer lots. The rest are either sold already, or sitting at the RV manufacturer or RV dealership. Would a 'sold' unit get priority over one at an RV manufacturer? I know my RV dealership has at least 4 units waiting for the parts, and I know they have been in contact with the MB dealership in their area. Mine is first in line whenever the parts arrive!
Old 06-04-2022, 04:54 PM   #100

Torsion Bar

1) remove nut
2) remove shim
3) pull out linkage bolt
4) put shim on correct side
5) push in linkage bolt
6) replace nut

7) repeat on other side
8) drive until replacement parts arrive

Enjoy Summer!