Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2023, 12:07 PM   #1

2022 Isata 5 models on dynamax.com?

Curious why Dynamax still lists 2022 Isata 5 models on the website when 2023 models have been built for more than six months. Love my 2023 30FW Xplorer.
BHewlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:09 PM   #2
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHewlett View Post
Curious why Dynamax still lists 2022 Isata 5 models on the website when 2023 models have been built for more than six months. Love my 2023 30FW Xplorer.
Probably because the model is identical to the 2022 in terms of all major and most minor equipment, layout, colors, options.

Also demand has fallen off substantially so I suspect they are not anxious to add variations to the 2022 spec even if being delivered in 23 or even early 24. Seeing this in the boat business too.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:05 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Good catch - looks like we need to have our website coordinator just remove the references to "2022" from the Isata 5's brand page. The Standards and Options on the page reflect 2023 specs and the 2023 brochure is available at the bottom of that page. I just reviewed the other brand-specific pages and they're all updated with 2023 specs. Looks like the Isata 5 brand page was a one-off that we'll correct as soon as possible. Thanks for catching this!
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
JGraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:37 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
Probably because the model is identical to the 2022 in terms of all major and most minor equipment, layout, colors, options.

Also demand has fallen off substantially so I suspect they are not anxious to add variations to the 2022 spec even if being delivered in 23 or even early 24. Seeing this in the boat business too.
lol...I do love wild speculation.

1. Simply a typo.
2. Demand is substantially off for towables, mainly due to huge price increases, interest rates and over-supply, so there is no longer a sense of urgency when dealer lots are full. Motorized on the other hand (at least for my brands) are still sitting under 60% of their pre-covid supply. While we have been able to build "some" inventory in Q4 2022, that is very normal and we count on it to be stocked up for spring/summer sales season. Tampa Super Show 2023 was up 17% in ticket sales and it appears our sales numbers will be about identical to 2022.

For the year (2021 to 2022) my brands are down about 10% in retail sales, but we are also down about that in wholesale shipments due to chassis shortages. So not 100% sure which one is the primary factor (less sales or less available inventory), I am guessing a combination of both.

While we certainly expect headwinds, slower sales normally means MORE changes, not less, so that there is a perceived value in new model years.

My personal opinion from two days of retail at Tampa, I did not see any fall off in enthusiasm. I was actually quite shocked by the level of interest and intent to buy. I fully expect a slight slow down, but I think it will affect C & D brands, and entry level products.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 12:52 PM   #5

Thanks for responding JGraber and Brian. Direct engagement by Dynamax (especially Brian) was a major factor in my purchase decision. Love my 2023 30FW Xplorer. Packing for first big trip from Western NY to GA and FL. Buying experience at McKee RV (Charlie Wells) and customer service and tour at factory were excellent. A couple wiring issues (one fixed at factory, one I fixed myself), but otherwise, no issues.
BHewlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 09:08 PM   #6
Norwood Auto Italia

Thanks for the insight Brian. Looks like my 2+2 ended up being 9 1/2! I am seeing some of the same stuff in my aircraft but even though we are backlogged on the supply side and there is lots of interest with the Covid effect, deals aren't Closing. The 1% ers are still buying as if there lived depend on it in the huge price brackets, but at the private pilot level, not so much.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamax