Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2024, 09:25 PM   #1

2023 Dynamax 28SS Slide Problem.. Stranded

2023 Dynamax Isata 5 28SS

Stranded at the RV park..

Went to move the slide in from the out position, the motor 1 moved and motor 2 did not, resulting in the slide moving in about a 2í and was angled. Stoped and moved it back out. Both motors moved out to full extended position then stopped, slide will not move in.. inside panel flashes 1 red then 7 red.

Removed panel from wall and held lower button for 1 second to reset.. still had the same flashing lights error.

The held lower button for 6 seconds then presses top buttons 1 and 2 on top at the same time, tried to move in or out.. still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.. no service techs available here in Apache Junction, Arizona.
mmw1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:17 PM   #2

Go to the Dynamax website or look at the slide sticky notes to find the YouTube video on how to reset the slide stops. Based on your comment that the 2nd motor was working on the way back out, hopefully you don't have a motor failure. The YouTube video is 5min long and will explain on how to reset the stops. I've done it several times.
If it's a motor issue you might have to disconnect to motors and move the slide manually and use a 2 by 4 to hold the slide in place while driving till you get a new motor. No fun at all but manageable.
As always RV stands for Ruined Vacation.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 10:18 PM   #3

Slide reset video
Old 02-27-2024, 10:28 PM   #4

ThX for the reply..

Was able to get to the Lippert tech on the line.. with his help able to get the slide in by reversing the connections (motor 1 and 2) at the module in the lower compartment. Went into programming mode on the interior panel by holding lower button for 5 seconds then holding top two top buttons down and pressing the “in” button to move slide in.

Strange how he did not go through the process of setting the stops as outlined in the video.

He is telling me that I need to check the voltage at the module. But the Solar needs to be disconnected to proceed. He believes there is a bad ground or pin on the control module in the lower compartment.

How do I disconnect the solar going to the battery??
Old 02-28-2024, 07:49 AM   #5

2023 Isata 5 28SS Wiring Schematic, need to disconnect Solar to check Lippert slide mo

2023 Isata 5 28SS
Vin: 3C7WRNDL1NG299828

This message for BC

Having problems with dinette slide.. lippert tech wants me to disconnect Solar to coach battery to allow testing lippert slide module in compartment bay. There are two large red dials in the bay compartment. They are side by side - left and right. Is one for Solar and the other for battery’s. To remove(turn off) Solar is it as simple to rotate one of those dials to the off position?? Which one??

Lippert wants me to remove shore power and solar power while maintaining the battery connections. This will allow test the slide module in the lower compartment for voltage, pin connections, and bad grounds.

Would like to have electrical schematics.. also recommend method to disconnect Solar to battery.

Stuck here in Apache Junction, Arizona on vacation.. no techs available so I got to solve problem myself.

Any help would be appreciated…
Old 02-28-2024, 08:54 AM   #6

I think that you could disconnect the solar array by disconnecting the power cable on the smart shunt site. That shunt should be in the battery bay.

The 2 red dials in the electrical compartment shut off all the power to the coach and are used during coach storing times to keep the batteries charged up.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:05 AM   #7

ThX

Those two red dials in the lower bay compartment, one for Solar and the other for the coach battery?? Mine are side by side (left-right)??

For what I need to do could I just turn one of those dials (which one??) to the off position.

Lippert tech wants me to remove shore power and solar power while maintaining battery connections. They want me to test for voltage, pin connections, and bad grounds.

Sorry for repeating,, newbie here..
Old 02-28-2024, 09:50 AM   #8

The one with the smaller wires should be for solar.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:50 AM   #9
Commercial Member

If there are two red dials....it is the one with the smaller wire gauge. Solar disconnect is only 10ga wire. The other one, will be pretty thick cable for the batteries.

I am interested to see what the result is of this one. We have one similar here. It struggles to go out the last 4" going out. When we swap the motor, it goes out perfectly, then struggles coming in the last 4". Makes zero sense.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:51 AM   #10
Commercial Member

already answered on the other thread.

Old 02-28-2024, 09:55 AM   #11

Did you try adjusting stops like in the video? Are you just using battery power when extending or retracting slides? When you use slides try it with engine running.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:05 AM   #12

ThX

Iíve had the slide in and out at least a dozen times since ownership (9 months) and never had a problem.

For the first time I started the chassis engine and then started the slide in. The first few feet the slide came in at an angle, I stopped. I normally donít start the chassis motor but I doubt this created the problem.

Any chance of getting an electrical schematic for this coach..
Old 02-28-2024, 10:18 AM   #13

ThX

I will try to set the zero stops..

Maybe I can trick the system once I get the slide all the way in. Reverse the switches to standard setting (see above), set the zero stop when in, then move out and set the zero stop.

7 red and 1 green error on the panel relates to zero stop issue. Just donít understand why lippert tech wonít agree. Maybe since this is a major fault they want OEM to address?
Old 02-28-2024, 10:23 AM   #14
Commercial Member

stops lost would not be considered a major fault. Maybe they list that...but it is not major from a repair standpoint....thus our video. OEM would not need to address that. The thing is, its not supposed to lose its stops. They claim that it only happens when being operated on low voltage. We have proven that it can happen when you try to run two slides at the same time (maybe due to voltage drop).

Old 02-28-2024, 10:26 AM   #15

I am in the habit of using slides with engine running. I have seen others have issues with low voltage while operating them (when they were just using battery power). I personally would use the video to re-set and adjust slide stops first then trouble shoot if needed.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #16
Commercial Member

electrical schematic is likely not going to help in this situation, but I'll attach it,

Also, since it worked fine before and is just now suddenly acting up, it leads me to believe that either it was low voltage, or there was a component malfunction and LCI can focus on specific wires and voltages that are known.

Old 02-28-2024, 10:35 AM   #17

Can you get fault to clear with re-set per video?
Old 02-28-2024, 10:43 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Admins, can we combine this thread with this other one? https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ed-274339.html

They are duplicate posts on the same subject and it would just be easier to follow.

Old 02-28-2024, 11:40 AM   #19
Site Team

Two duplicate threads merged.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:02 PM   #20

Issue resolved.. slide working with not faults.

With help from the lippert tech, we found low voltage input at the slide module located in the lower bay. This module requires minimum amount of voltage to work properly.

When the slide was originally brought in, this low voltage most likely allowed one of the motors not to function properly resulting in the slide “crabing”.

The inside monitor was then put into a fault mode.. 1 green and 7 red flashing lights.

I still don’t understand why the sensors (motors switched) needed to be reversed to allow the slide to be moved in.

Once the slide was all the way in, the slide stop process could be exercised.

So, I need to find out why my batteries are not getting full power to the slide module,, only 13 volts (no solar or shore power) measured at the slide module and 13.4 at the batteries.

No more flashing lights and slide works ok.

Thanks again everyone!!

Tags
check, dynamax, slide, solar, wiring