Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #1

2023 Dynamax Isata 5 Inquiry/Suggestion

I am hopeful that Brian Clemons will review this post. From what I have read, this guy is top notch and very knowledgeable of Dynamax products. If he was at the 2022 #RV Show at Tampa, we simply missed him.

There’s only 1 feature that the Isata 5 floor plan doesn’t have that makes us lean toward the Thor Magnitude/Omni… TV location. Yeah, I know, why should this be important? Well, I can just say that keeping one’s head turned the same direction for extended time can be challenging for both my wife and I. It almost seems a waste of space to have theatre seats at a 45 degree angle to the TV.

Are there any floor plan updates in the 2023 Isata 5 series that will include a TV directly across from the theatre seats? Whether if flips down, rises up or fixed, this seems the only shortfall that prevents our purchase. Rainy days, evening entertainment, movies, gaming, etc… I think many modern RV buyers would agree that proper TV placement would be a welcomed feature.

Any luck Dynamax?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
VombieZomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:35 PM   #2
Commercial Member

none at this time. I know we have talked about moving the TV on the 30FW to the kitchen cabinet like the Europa. The problem is when you do that, typically it needs to be a smaller TV and that seems counterintuitive to those that want to make sure the TV is in a prime viewing spot.

Frankly when I am camping I prefer no TV...but understand the request.

I know that Thor will put a big TV right across from the sofa over the dinette and put two tiny windows on either side. On our new Europa floor plan, we talked about that, but then everyone is always asking for BIG windows as well. So who knows
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:12 PM   #3

We're anticipating a similar reaction to our planned downsize from a Journey class A with reclining couch opposite the dinette table/cabinet with televator TV behind to a new Isata 3 24FW with bunk level TV across from the booth. We can spin the reclinable cab seats around with no view of the TV. I'm wondering if a portable projector and screen might be an option?

Mike
(Winnebago Journey 34Y)
maifimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:25 AM   #4

We have an isata 3 with the couch option. Tv is on a swing, so easy to adjust. Couch has a removable table on a pedestal, so can eat indoors when rains. Also, wife can take a nap on the couch while I continue to drive. For us, another advantage was makes into a big queen bed, when my daughter and her lab join us
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:09 AM   #5
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maifimd View Post
We're anticipating a similar reaction to our planned downsize from a Journey class A with reclining couch opposite the dinette table/cabinet with televator TV behind to a new Isata 3 24FW with bunk level TV across from the booth. We can spin the reclinable cab seats around with no view of the TV. I'm wondering if a portable projector and screen might be an option?

Mike
Hey Mike…..

You’ll see the floor plan of our Sunseeker 2430S (below) is very similar to your 24FW layout, and we have the same TV viewing issues. Our main TV is over top of the passenger seat angled towards the dinette.
If it’s long term viewing, I just relax in the bed and watch that one on the wall.
I just installed a 19” TV hanging around the house, but someday I may upsize.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9B3B624-E9E8-4C40-A254-ADCF0F085A66.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	268264   Click image for larger version

Name:	57ED30AE-516C-4590-88B5-99AB16618853.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	268265  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD carried by a 2017 Ford E450
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #6

I can tell you with certainty if you're comparing Isata5 and Magnitude and this is all that's coming up you've still got more researching/comparing to do!

There are plenty of ex-Thor and ex-Jayco owners here that can attest to the differences in build quality

Full-time Dynamax Resident
FOURWHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:59 PM   #7
When we used to rough it.

Thumbs up

Times 100X on the workmanship difference between Thor and DYNAMAX.
MevetS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Hey Mike…..

You’ll see the floor plan of our Sunseeker 2430S (below) is very similar to your 24FW layout, and we have the same TV viewing issues. Our main TV is over top of the passenger seat angled towards the dinette.
If it’s long term viewing, I just relax in the bed and watch that one on the wall.
I just installed a 19” TV hanging around the house, but someday I may upsize.
Ken,
Another option might be to add a hanger to the cabinet wall above the rear booth seat for an alternate location for an upsized bedroom TV. A 43" 4K UHD smart screen could also go outside occasionally.
Perhaps a Murphy bed/couch design borrowed from the LTV Unity or new Tiffin Wayfarer JW will be considered in the new Xplorer Isata 3 Brian has been hinting recently...
Mike
(Winnebago Journey 34Y)
maifimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:41 AM   #9

We have the same tv issue on our 2018 Sunseeker 2400 mbs where it swung out 90* from the bunk area. I added another articulating tv mount to the existing arm which allows the tv to swing out in front of the radio/storage area above the door. This allows it to face directly at the seating area and makes for a much improved viewing angle.
Dave S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
I can tell you with certainty if you're comparing Isata5 and Magnitude and this is all that's coming up you've still got more researching/comparing to do!

There are plenty of ex-Thor and ex-Jayco owners here that can attest to the differences in build quality
The time watching TV might be minimized due to constant repair work on an Omni.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by msusslin View Post
The time watching TV might be minimized due to constant repair work on an Omni.
Ouch that's going to leave a mark
V6TOY4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 03:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
none at this time. I know we have talked about moving the TV on the 30FW to the kitchen cabinet like the Europa. The problem is when you do that, typically it needs to be a smaller TV and that seems counterintuitive to those that want to make sure the TV is in a prime viewing spot.

Frankly when I am camping I prefer no TV...but understand the request.

I know that Thor will put a big TV right across from the sofa over the dinette and put two tiny windows on either side. On our new Europa floor plan, we talked about that, but then everyone is always asking for BIG windows as well. So who knows
Have you considered mounting the sound bar under the cabinet above the door to give clearance for bedding/topper in the overhead bunk? Thanks.
BHewlett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamax, dynamax isata 5