Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #1

2023 europa no propane

Hey folks, I am in a pinch. We are setup camping and discovered that we have no propane at the water heater or stove. I took it to get filled and the tank is full. I have flipped the switch next to the fill several times and still nothing. I checked the fuse panel by the bed and there is a 5 amp fuse, but it appears to be good based on looks and the fact that when removed the red light comes on. What am I missing?

Regards,
Ezra
Firehawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:19 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Climb underneath and make sure it is turned on at the actual propane tank. Turn it on very slowly. Too fast and it can lock up.

If the tank is not purged correctly, there can also be a lot of air in there. Has it worked before? Or is this first trip out?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:49 PM   #3

Second trip out, she worked fine on the first. The valve at the tank is open..
Old 04-28-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Weird. I would check the wires at the switch...make sure they are still connected.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 12:57 PM   #5

They are connected, seems like we are not getting power to open the solenoid. I found a fuse under the closet, but it is good. Is there any other place to check to get power to that switch?
Old 05-01-2023, 07:22 AM   #6

Check voltage and stuck/frozen valve.

Mine stuck too after a fill up in close to freezing temps.

Dealer said to always carry a meter with me, he was right. If comfortable with a volt/ohm/R meter, check along the switch to solenoid path for 12 volts to the magnet solenoid for power when switched on. This will eliminate or confirm a lot of possibilities quickly.

Test for 12 volts at the switch and at the magnetic solenoid. If 12 volts where / when expected - crawling under the rig to the solenoid valve location, removed the solenoid magnet ring from the cutoff valve shaft (held on by a nut and sits on a sleeve over the shaft), tap it with a non metallic object (not a time or place for sparks) and fiddled with the crimp connections to the magnet solenoid ring (stuffed in the as line connection locations under shield - while testing for 12 volts to the solenoid when switched on), reassembled magnet solenoid on valve shaft and see it it starts to work. You wil hear the "clunk" when the valve opens.

In our case thinking it may have frozen up from full refill a few cold hours before or a loose crimped connector. Has been working since. Adding a rare earth magnet to the tool kit ;-)

Others have had to fiddle with crimp connectors on the switch by the tank fill switch, all these crimped connections along this circuit under the chassis are exposed to the elements (would prefer to have seen automotive moisture tight connections not mechanical crimped under the chassis area), to get the 12 volts to the magnet.
Paddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 07:44 AM   #7

Not sure if your set up works similar to a regular camper but when lighting the stove after the propane being empty, takes a while to purge the air out of the lines and will not light immediately.

Disregard if you have done this.

Good Luck !

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:10 AM   #8

I got it working

I was able to get it working, it appears that the wires going to the switch had a break inside the connector.... Thanks for everyone's assistance!!!

Regards,
Ezra
Old 05-01-2023, 08:12 AM   #9

We also had a problem early on…

Lot’s of good suggestions and I hope you got it worked out. On our Europa, the solenoid had to be replaced. The remote fill also was bad so it had to be replaced too. Everything was taken care of under warranty but because it was propane we had to take it to a local dealer to get everything taken care of. When they did the work we also had them relocate the remote fill. I’m not sure if newer Europa’s still have the fill location where it was on our coach. It was straight down and we ran into a few places that didn’t have the short fill nozzle and even when they did a few had trouble connecting the propane. The pic below is where the remote fill is located now. We’ve had no propane issues since everything got sorted out. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4010.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	286599  
AZFoxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane