Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2024, 10:40 AM   #1
MVD

2024 32KD D/S Slide controller

Can anyone tell me the location of the slide controllers?
It is raining and our D/S slide is leaking at the rear. We retracted it and it is still leaking. Visually it looks like the bottom is not in all the way. The top looks tight. I have a call into Lippert and it looks like we may need to access the controller to adjust the bottom. Front of slide looks flush.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
MVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:56 AM   #2
MVD

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3038.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	486.1 KB
ID:	298579
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 12:43 PM   #3
Commercial Member

that looks pretty normal. As long as the slide seal is compressed, it is fine. It is not supposed to sit perfectly flush, or the bulb seal can be overly compressed.

Where is it leaking and are you level?

PS: you can't adjust top to bottom with the slide controller. You can re-program the stops using the slide switch, but that only adjusts right/left. No adjustment for top to bottom unless you move the slide rack mechanically a tooth or two.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:58 PM   #4
MVD

We were driving in the rain yesterday and a rug we had in front of the refrigerator was wet when we arrived at our destination (cup or two of water). Cleaned it up thinking maybe we or the dog spilled something. Rained overnight and woke up to water in the floor. Flowing out from under the fridge. I pulled the drawers under the wardrobe and could see a steady drip behind the refrigerator. We retracted the slide but still have a leak. We have totally soaked 5 large bath towels sopping up the water. Not currently raining but more is on the way. We repositioned the coach hoping that might help until we can resolve the issue. We are slightly down on the front driver side now.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 01:00 PM   #5
MVD

Tried to upload some video but site wouldn’t let me do it.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 01:33 PM   #6
Commercial Member

I would be more concerned with the ice maker line than the slide out. If you can take a pic and show where you show it dripping, I can ask the engineers what could be in that area.

Old 04-11-2024, 01:33 PM   #7

Watching this. We have the same leak in the same location. I am starting a list of bigger items for a dealer visit. Has both leaked in the in and out position with rain at a campsite when level.

My wife also asked about the inner sweep seal rubbing on the wall paper on the Facebook group. Was awaiting more follow up info if it can be trimmed, replaced with other, protective cap on wall, or ?.
malmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:34 PM   #8
MVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I would be more concerned with the ice maker line than the slide out. If you can take a pic and show where you show it dripping, I can ask the engineers what could be in that area.
It’s not raining now and there is no leak
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 01:35 PM   #9
Commercial Member

that sweep can be trimmed. It is just there to prevent stuff from falling back there. Serves no sealing purpose.

Old 04-11-2024, 01:44 PM   #10

Quote:
that sweep can be trimmed. It is just there to prevent stuff from falling back there. Serves no sealing purpose.
Thanks. Will do.
Old 04-11-2024, 01:55 PM   #11
MVD

I believe this is the ice maker shutoff valve under the kitchen sink. We turned it off when we picked up the coach as we prefer store bought ice.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3044.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	495.9 KB
ID:	298582  
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 02:24 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Here is a pic with the fridge out. Behind the fridge is really nothing. However, if you looked from the wardrobe drawer over....this is with the slide OUT. The circled area is the slide fascia. If somehow water was getting into a aluminum tube...it would in theory ride the inside of the tube and come out at the bottom right there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_5905.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	298583  

Old 04-11-2024, 02:55 PM   #13
MVD

Thanks Brian for posting the photo of the area behind the fridge. I was considering pulling it out but don’t see the need to now.
The drip was below the slide platform the fridge is sitting on see photo. Can’t get the video of the drip to post here.
Leak stopped when rain stopped.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3045.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	602.2 KB
ID:	298584  
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 03:04 PM   #14
MVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmz View Post
Watching this. We have the same leak in the same location. I am starting a list of bigger items for a dealer visit. Has both leaked in the in and out position with rain at a campsite when level.

My wife also asked about the inner sweep seal rubbing on the wall paper on the Facebook group. Was awaiting more follow up info if it can be trimmed, replaced with other, protective cap on wall, or ?.
I saw your photo of the wall beside the fridge. We are not experiencing that issue.
This leak is our first “serious” issue after a week and about 1,000 miles. Our D/S slide topper was unfurling when we first drove our unit but it was addressed by our dealership before we left town. Apparently a part that keeps the topper from billowing was missing from the topper. Still can’t get our satellite connected to Dish, but overall we are extremely satisfied with the coach 😎
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 03:22 PM   #15
Commercial Member

If below the slide platform, then yes, likely the slide room itself.

I would also be curious if the leak moves with the slide room. IE, if you run the slide room out, does the leak travel. That would tell me it is getting into a tube.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:28 PM   #16
MVD

Quote:
If below the slide platform, then yes, likely the slide room itself.

I would also be curious if the leak moves with the slide room. IE, if you run the slide room out, does the leak travel. That would tell me it is getting into a tube.
The visible drip under the slide platform stopped when we retracted the slide. Water continued to flow out from under the fridge. It was collecting behind the sweep so we lifted the sweep and slid a corner of this towel under the sweep in hopes of preventing spreading of the water. Each bath towel (5 before the rain let up) became soaked in about an hour or so.
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
2016 LTV Unity MB
2002 Pace Arrow 36
Old 04-11-2024, 03:31 PM   #17

Same. Below the slide under the fridge.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVD View Post
We were driving in the rain yesterday and a rug we had in front of the refrigerator was wet when we arrived at our destination (cup or two of water). Cleaned it up thinking maybe we or the dog spilled something. Rained overnight and woke up to water in the floor. Flowing out from under the fridge. I pulled the drawers under the wardrobe and could see a steady drip behind the refrigerator. We retracted the slide but still have a leak. We have totally soaked 5 large bath towels sopping up the water. Not currently raining but more is on the way. We repositioned the coach hoping that might help until we can resolve the issue. We are slightly down on the front driver side now.
If you are seeing water coming from under the fridge, it could be from the fridge. We had the same problem. Its a residential fridge with a tiny evaporation pan and easily sloshes condensation out when on the road. To solve the issue, we ended up putting the fridge in a pan...with much effort and curse words.

Edit: As for as connecting to DISH, did you make sure the DIP switches were set for DISH? We had the dealer do that. That said, yes, connecting to DISH the first couple of trips was a complete pain. Its also a pain to go from static dish to the roof dish. I finally just got two receivers and each is set for the type of connection so I don't have to deal with trying to reset the connection on the receiver when going between the two connections.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM   #19
Commercial Member

Not really under the fridge. Appears to be the slide corner behind the fridge.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:37 PM   #20

Yep, under the slide. 100% dry under the fridge itself.

Now I am thinking through this, ours it is probably only leaking with the slide out, there is a high probability last time the water that was on the floor after the slide was back in may have been trapped behind the bottom sweep rubber and come past and around the back of the seal driving home.

We are camping at the beach this week, rain is in the forecast Saturday, so I should get a good test.

Our leak in the front right cab area seems to be resolved, I pulled the panel last rain when stored and the insulation was dry.

Tags
controller, slide