Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2024, 03:35 PM   #1

2024 Isata 3 Freedom Battery offline

Has anyone seen or been given a procedure for bring a battery back online that went offline for an unknown reason? I have had to deal with this twice and the first procedure I use the first time did not work the second time.

Yes I have recovered both batteries and everything is working fine. Both batteries were fully charged the whole time and when I got the missing one back it was still fully charged.

Just looking for a factory recommended procedure.
llwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:42 AM   #2

Attached is straight from the Xantrex Battery Manual that explains how to turn the battery ON, OFF or put it into MAINTENANCE Mode using the BMS Buttons.

I have also attached a Dynamax document that explains the eGen Display operation and various screens, etc and a document Brian posted a few weeks ago for turning the batteries OFF and ON.

Now the real question is why are your batteries going offline? Are you getting any Faults? Both the FireFly Display and the eGen Display will report Faults that would kick a battery offline. I also attached a section from the Xantrex Battery Manual that indicates an error will automatically take the battery offline and the battery may or may not come back online on its own depending on the error condition. Your issue is likely related to a Fault and the BMS taking the battery offline and not because you aren't bringing the batteries online properly.

After I picked up my Freedom Edition last month, my BATT A kept going offline because of a Fault. The FireFly Display reported a High Voltage Fault but the eGen Display was more specific. It was reporting a COV Fault, which is a Cell Over-Voltage Fault. Both BATT A and BATT B were fully charged.

I would clear the Fault and BATT A would come back online on its own. But a short time later BATT A would be offline again and there would be another COV Fault. I went into the eGen details for BATT A and I could see the voltage of one cell was much higher than the other cells for BATT A.

After speaking with Xantrex Support they couldn't tell me what would be causing the COV. They recommended leaving it charge for 24 Hours to condition the cells. That was kind of tough because BATT A would keep going offline.

I ended up shutting down the batteries and Inverter to fully reboot the system. After I rebooted the system I got one more COV Fault shortly after it was back online but after clearing that Fault I could see the cell with the higher voltage eventually came into line with the other cells.

I had to shut everything down at that point because I was leaving the coach in my storage building in PA and heading back home to Florida till the end of June. I will be back in PA and finally getting to dig back into the coach in 10 days and I am hoping the COV has been permanently cleared.

Cell Conditioning and Individual Cell Voltage are a couple of my questions for the Xantrex Webcast on the 26th.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 6.29.24 AM.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	283.6 KB
ID:	300996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 6.45.58 AM.png
Views:	6
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	300999  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dynamax-FREEDOM-eGEN-x-SOC-Gauge-1.pdf (3.85 MB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf Turning Freedom Edition Battery Packs off and on.pdf (282.8 KB, 8 views)
Judge64 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, freedom