Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2022, 07:08 PM   #1

22 XL Micro-Air Softstart Install

I get carried away when it comes to electronic gadgets. I probably don't need these but I do have one AC unit that can run from the 2nd Inverter that Dynamax so thoughtfully installed for me. The Soft-Start really does help the inverter ease into the 169amps(2028 watts) they will be using to run the AC unit. Also starts are not nearly as noisy so that is a plus I was not expecting.

The install is pretty straight forward but you do have to track down the white wire from the compressor as there are 3 white wires in the vicinity and you need to ID the specific one that goes to the compressor. I cut some of the zip ties to follow the wires on the first install and no need on the second.

Good to have some really big Zip Ties and you should purchase the Install kit when you buy the Soft-Starts. They threw them in for free when I asked.

As with all rooftop expeditions, I did find an issue that we can address during my September visit of the factory. Seems one of the solar mounts did not get enough sealant. Overall, everything else looked really good on the roof....Nice Job Dynamax!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RoofTopSoftStartInstall (2).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	274097   Click image for larger version

Name:	SoftstartMounted.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	274098   Click image for larger version

Name:	TopSoftStartMounted.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	401.2 KB
ID:	274099   Click image for larger version

Name:	MissingSealant.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	274100   Click image for larger version

Name:	HasSealant.jpg
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	274101  

Old 05-28-2022, 07:14 PM   #2

Victron BMV-712 is for State of Charge (SOC) Li Batteries

I only have about 14 days of use so far and I have not been impressed with the operation of the Victron BMV-712. I do like the BlueTooth capability so you can use your phone to keep tabs on your Li Battery Bank. Mine has been unreliable to date although it could be user error. In looking at the way the negative cables were installed, I am wondering if maybe that is the cause. Victron has lots of diagrams of how not to run your negative cables. Mine appear to be all over the place. Hopefully the factory can sort this out as it was done in Texas by MHSRV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMVShuntInstall.jpg
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	274102