Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #1

28SS Firefly I/O (G12) Board location

Our Firefly has ceased being able to see that the parking brake is set. Luckily, since slide and levelers have their own independent controllers, with apparently independent, parking brake inputs they're working from their respective panels. They just can't be controlled through multiplex. The awning, however, will not extend.

I'm hoping it's just a loose terminal on the board. I just can't find the board.

- Matt
WeQuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #2
Commercial Member

FYI on the newer RAM's, the parking break is now on their CANbus system....so it is a digital signal. It requires the Key to be in the ON position to see it.

So you are not getting a park brake signal with the key in the ON position?

I do know, we have a Y-cable now that is supposed to resolve this by getting it from a switch and NOT the CANbus.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:31 PM   #3

We're pretty much fresh off the line, so should have the Y-cable installed. Awning behaved as such initially (RAM off, awning extended no problem). Slides and levelers still behave that way from their own control panels. Its just that Firefly can't see parking brake = ON anymore. I did try all key positions I could come up with just to see as part of my troubleshooting (key in ACC, key in On without brake so no engine start and engine start). I couldn't coax the awning to extend, but did manage to convince the levelers we were about to do something real dumb and they retracted.

As a side note, we do have 12V to awning because pressing retract does momentarily roll it up against its limit switch. Also, in the Firefly diagnostics screen it never shows the parking brake input coming on. So, I'm positive its something between RAM switch and Firefly I/O. I'll also try the key position test one more time when we get back to the RV Friday.

-Matt
Old 03-08-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
Norwood Auto Italia

So where is the G12?

This question never got answered - can anyone help with the position of the Firefly G12 module in the 28SS?

I am hunting down a non reporting water level sensor and the first question from Firefly was have you unplugged/plugged the water sensor at the G12. Even though I have the Firefly Dynamax Isata 28SS drawing, its not in either of the P/S cupboards forward of the bedroom nor in the hot water heater compartment which is where the 2D drawing says it should be.

Maybe it got moved on the recent deliveries but having looked for it in all the usual places, I am SOL at this point.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamgat View Post
This question never got answered - can anyone help with the position of the Firefly G12 module in the 28SS?

I am hunting down a non reporting water level sensor and the first question from Firefly was have you unplugged/plugged the water sensor at the G12. Even though I have the Firefly Dynamax Isata 28SS drawing, its not in either of the P/S cupboards forward of the bedroom nor in the hot water heater compartment which is where the 2D drawing says it should be.

Maybe it got moved on the recent deliveries but having looked for it in all the usual places, I am SOL at this point.
It's behind the panel at the back of the closet in the hall across from the bathroom (not the pantry with slide out drawers, the other one).
Old 03-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #6
Norwood Auto Italia

Do you know if the panel removable or is it Seawall time!

By the time I finish repairing this coach I will have to rebuild it to fix all the surgical areas.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:22 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Any panel that has a serviceable item should be removable.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #8
Norwood Auto Italia

Do you know if the panel removable or is it Seawall time!

Just kidding. Found the 6 screws and ripped it out. Nothing appears wrong but ...

By the time I finish repairing this coach I will have to rebuild it to fix all the surgical areas.

Tags
cat, location