Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2022, 10:30 AM   #1

28ss Water Pump & Filter Locations

Ok, folks. I understand my water pump is supposedly under the right side carpeted flooring next to my bed. I have so far found no hidden screws. Where else could it be? I'm also trying to find my water filter, which I had thought would be under my bed. This is a picture of what's under my bed. For perspective, the white tube exiting the access panel was used to winterize via antifreeze. So, this is a picture of the right side corner. When I took delivery about a year ago the coach had been winterized already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Under bed.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	281710  
Old 11-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Use a magnet on the carpeted cover. Screw heads get hidden in the nap.
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:11 PM   #3
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Ok, folks. I understand my water pump is supposedly under the right side carpeted flooring next to my bed. I have so far found no hidden screws. Where else could it be? I'm also trying to find my water filter, which I had thought would be under my bed. This is a picture of what's under my bed. For perspective, the white tube exiting the access panel was used to winterize via antifreeze. So, this is a picture of the right side corner. When I took delivery about a year ago the coach had been winterized already.
Definitely not where it its situated on my 28SS which was right side bed wall as you are looking down in your picture. Just where the white hose connector is placed. In fact I have used the exact same connector to bypass my filter as I have no need for it at the moment.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Use a magnet on the carpeted cover. Screw heads get hidden in the nap.
Ok, found the screws. Thank you. One was stripped so had to pull the carpet on one side. Still no sign of water filter. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Water Pump.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	420.9 KB
ID:	281866  
Old 11-27-2022, 04:09 PM   #5
Commercial Member

The water filter used to be next to the fresh tank...I think we moved it outside into the utility bay (last thing I knew)
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 11-27-2022, 04:21 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Was this R/V new when you bought it?

There appears to be a white plastic nipple between two lines in the very front of your photo.
This is a typical way of removing the water filter and joining the lines together.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Days Camped: '18=48 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=112 '23=32
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:22 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post

There appears to be a white plastic nipple between two lines in the very front of your photo.
This is a typical way of removing the water filter and joining the lines together.

Good catch. That is where it used to be installed.

Old 11-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #8

Quote:

Yes, I am the original owner. The spot you mention is exactly where I was expecting to find the water filter housing based on other pictures I have seen. The thing is, i have had a new filter in plastic from day 1. The dealer where I took delivery winterized the unit before I took possession but I can't think of a reason they would have removed and not replaced the water filter housing.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:30 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Yes, I am the original owner. The spot you mention is exactly where I was expecting to find the water filter housing based on other pictures I have seen. The thing is, i have had a new filter in plastic from day 1. The dealer where I took delivery winterized the unit before I took possession but I can't think of a reason they would have removed and not replaced the water filter housing.
Just reach out to parts with the last (6) of the VIN. Shoot them that picture

Old 11-28-2022, 10:38 AM   #10
Site Team

I have a dark computer screen up here at shop, but can I ask what this is at the end of the red arrow?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Water Pump.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	281871  

I'm trying to write a self-help book but I'm struggling. Any advice?
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:43 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Its the strainer/pre-filter

Old 11-28-2022, 10:51 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Its the strainer/pre-filter
Thanks Brian.

I'm trying to write a self-help book but I'm struggling. Any advice?
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Thanks! Email sent.
Old 11-29-2022, 10:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Parts department was very responsive and is sending me the missing parts (filter housing, filter, mounting bracket).

Thanks again!
Old 11-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #15
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Parts department was very responsive and is sending me the missing parts (filter housing, filter, mounting bracket).

Thanks again!
Great! Good on FR!

Now do yourself a favor and do not install it inside the R/V where it is tough to get to and makes a water mess each time you service it.

Put garden hose fittings on it and mount it at the pedestal on arrival where it will filter every drop of water that goes through/into your regulator, hose and R/V.

Days Camped: '18=48 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=112 '23=32
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #16
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Great! Good on FR!

Now do yourself a favor and do not install it inside the R/V where it is tough to get to and makes a water mess each time you service it.

Put garden hose fittings on it and mount it at the pedestal on arrival where it will filter every drop of water that goes through/into your regulator, hose and R/V.
But use a splitter at the faucet so you can get access to unfiltered water for flushing the Black tank or rinsing something outside without using filter capacity. Those filters are not cheap.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:29 PM   #17

Water pump location and access

I have a 2022 Europa and have convinced myself that the water pump will be under the bed. (?).
Surely I don’t have to lift/remove the mattress to get to it, do I? Help.
Danny F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:28 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Interactive Owners Manual is your friend.
In the manual, there are all the manuals, as well as "Floor plan specific Information"

https://forestriverinc.help/#/dynama...-europa/browse

That diagram will show locations of serviceable items. The water pump is in the bed base....but, the most I have ever had to access it, is once a year.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Great! Good on FR!

Funny you should mention this. While I'm happy to be getting the parts I'm running through my mind how to get everything installed, not to mention regularly swapped out, without making a mess.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Great! Good on FR!

An alternate viewpoint - I like the filter housing in its existing location for a minimum pink stuff winterizing approach.

Draining and blowing out can get everything except the water pump, which will still have water and is vulnerable to freezing.
  • After the draining / blowing, I remove and drain the filter housing.
  • Set up a bottle of pink stuff to the inlet with valves set up to winterize.
  • Start pump while watching the filter housing.
  • As soon a pink stuff appears in the housing, stop the pump.
  • Remove the housing, dump pink stuff in toilet. Remainder of pink stuff in bottle is used in the toilet and drains.

Dewinterizing, hook up a bottle of clean water to the winterizing inlet. Run pump until housing is almost full. Dump. Repeat. This minimizes flushing pink stuff out of the water lines.

An old towel placed under the housing can catch overflow, if you are careful.
Desert Boat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, pump, water, water pump