Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2022, 11:47 AM   #1
Commercial Member

2nd Europa Floor Plan 32KD

The 2nd Europa Floor Plan is finally built and now tested.

I put 1000 miles and 7 nights in it. The floor plan really exceeded my expectations. I felt like on paper it might be a bit tight, maybe the TV placement could be better, but all worked out really well.

It is only 5" longer than the 31SS, coming in at 33'-10"
98 gallon fresh water tank.
Black and gray are the same at 52 gallons each.

This was in response to people that wanted a non-folding bed, social seating area and a camp-side dinette.

The TV is on an articulating arm, so it can be pulled out and angled. We forced ourselves to watch at least one movie so we could test the location. I took the picture from the swiveled driver seat...but then moved over to the dinette with my wife. Legs up on the opposing seat.

The only question marks I had was...
1. Sink Covers. They did not come in time, so we used the metal slat ones. That worked really nice as I could roll them up as much or as little as I liked and they worked well as drying racks.

2. Shower Door: personally I like the Arcadia shower that has the radius top to it. Standard was the sliding glass door shower. I hate bumping into cold glass when taking a shower and it makes the entrance a little smaller. The arcadia is lighter and stows out of the way more...but it is plastic. Works fine on the 30FW.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32KD.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	274899   Click image for larger version

Name:	67631459919__D010035E-0D5C-46F5-9B8B-693EDEE20F47.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	274900   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3091.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	274901   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3101.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	400.0 KB
ID:	274902  
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:52 PM   #2

Is the driver side slide narrower than what is on the 31ss? By how much?
huskerhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:09 PM   #3
Commercial Member

A kitchen slide can only be about 18-20". If there is no plumbing it can be 30-36"" maybe a bit more.

"Comparison is the thief of joy"
If "Search this Forum" does not yield an answer, please post questions as a "New Thread" (instead of sending a private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only.

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 06-14-2022, 01:14 PM   #4

Thank you. Comparison may be the thief of joy, but as we all know there are lots of trade offs that we have to make with Rvs and configurations, and understanding those is important. Some interesting trade offs between this one and the 31ss, but both are very compelling setups on a great chasis.

Do you have any pictures of the sofa in sleep configuration? Is it a jackknife or how does it transform to sleep configuration?
huskerhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 01:29 PM   #5
Commercial Member

I do not, but as you can see in the picture above, that was the sleeping configuration we used. My son slept there instead of the bunk two nights.

I am pretty sure it is a tri-fold sofa. Not sure if it would even fit fully extended. 99% of our orders lately have been recliners.

Old 06-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #6

Any plans to have a DX3 style sloped cap instead of the bunk on the Europa? We like both floor plans just not the over cab bunk.
Moose356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 02:36 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Possibly. I had talked about having the bunk or no bunk being a choice on all M2 models since I think we have the tooling for it.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:03 PM   #8

I can say for sure that my wife and I were impressed with the new Europa. Pictures do it no justice. Floorplan is nicely thought out, only question we had was placement of TV.

Nice work Dynamax!
Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:27 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberShanks View Post
I can say for sure that my wife and I were impressed with the new Europa. Pictures do it no justice. Floorplan is nicely thought out, only question we had was placement of TV.

Nice work Dynamax!
Jim
I did pull the TV out on the swing arm and it can be directed straight towards the sofa. Maybe I'll take a picture with it out from the sofa. Right now it is off site at the corporate inspection facility.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:54 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerhiker View Post
Do you have any pictures of the sofa in sleep configuration? Is it a jackknife or how does it transform to sleep configuration?
Engineering confirmed that they pulled out the sofa and adjusted the legs for the slide floor. It comes all the way to the dinette when fully extended.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

This was in response to people that wanted a non-folding bed, social seating area and a camp-side dinette.
So, here comes an incredibly useless question from someone who wouldn't buy that floorplan, but curiosity has gotten then best of me...

Why are people asking for a camp-side dinette? What is the perceived benefit?
Old 06-15-2022, 08:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
So, here comes an incredibly useless question from someone who wouldn't buy that floorplan, but curiosity has gotten then best of me...

Why are people asking for a camp-side dinette? What is the perceived benefit?
In my case, the view is almost always nicer on that side of the RV.

2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The 2nd Europa Floor Plan is finally built and now tested.
My wife would have an issue with the shower size, as we love our 36 x 36 shower in the Isata 5 30FW. Looking at the bath layout is seems that there might be room to stretch that shower.
msusslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #14

Great new floorplan, would suit us even better than the 30FW we have now because of the bed being usable without using the slide out. For the record we would prefer the sofa bed as is and a double sink. We all have our different ideas of what is useful! Thanks for listening to your customers Brian!
Banjo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:15 PM   #15

Thanks for sharing! Initial reactions.

@bclemens Thanks for the preview / unveiling / sharing the prototype! Understand there are trade-offs between length, form, function, & price.

As a buyer in the 31SS order queue, was hoping to see the new floor plan to consider possibility of changing current Europa order, on the fence so far, 32KD has pros and cons in that regard.

Our initial reactions.

- The King non fold is a big plus! Added walking room around King bed, big plus!'

- Shower reduction to 24x36 not so much, but bath layout looks more functional. Not sure which shower door was trialed (Isata 24x 36 28SS or 30FW), both (28SS w/ multi panel doors or the 30FW w/ top bowed vinyl curtain) seem to have their own pros and cons. Awaiting more interior bath / bed photos when you can get to it. Preference is for shower doors over shower curtains. Order option complexity is always a con, but possibly making it an option choice (door vs curtain) would be a pro, as they both seem like off the shelf component / installs, could add the choice at build time assuming availability.

- We too would opt for a DX3 style storage cab cap over the current loft bed (if an option on either the 31SS or 32KD). Some percentage of empty nester customers not needing sleeping for 8, or 6, (or even 4), but instead opt for extra storage / headroom in cab/house would be welcome (as an option) to this customer. I further observe, with the 99% choice for reclines on the Europa - would also infer - a different demographic for max sleeping vs more function for 2.

- TV placement is an open question, would need to try it out. Good point about cab captain chairs, for viewing now possibly much better, that would be a plus, but from recliner location, I think not so much. Feet up on the dinette in a pinch, but would seem to be poor posture over any length of time for those over a certain age (LOL). Could a hidden/rising tv stand be incorporated on the wall between the dinette table and the wall? Raise it for viewing from recliners, and possibly eating (too close I suspect, but maybe as a computer desk/office monitor set up from the dinette it could function), or drop it down when sitting at dinette. The 32KD TV location behind the rear dinette seat kind of defeats the purpose of watching while eating for at least 1/2 the people. [I better be careful or the moderator will move this to the “mods” thread ;-) ]

- Double sink bowl a plus (possible change in 31SS for 2023?). Can you comment on kitchen sink plumbing design on the slide (supply and drain), always seemed riskier to me to have moving plumbing. Service repairs from pinched / leaking lines and fittings stories are not uncommon. I did pick up on your slide out depth comment in that regard.

- Beyond water storage up to 98 gallons, assuming no other “basement” changes? Looks like water heater moved location and floor vents more pronounced down the middle of the floor.

- Did any of the storage boxes grow 5” or is it all in the end cap?

- Towing rating still 12k lbs?

Thanks in advance for any answers / comments, and thanks for being so open with the forum. Hope this doesn't come across as critical, just sharing a future Europa customer viewpoint.
Paddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:00 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Bed: I won't option it, but a customer could put a queen in and get more room, possible build a bigger nightstand.

Shower: While it might seem like no big deal, we will ineveitably put the wrong one in. I think the Arcadia is the way to go. It is a 3-panel glass now, fine, but that makes the bottom track far wider than it needs to be and MUCH harder to properly seal. It is not a fabric curtain but plastic on a track like the 24FW.

Overhead: The very first Europa was designed with no cab-over as I wanted it to be sleek, but sales opted to build the first one with the cab-over. It is designed for a non-cab-over.

TV: a pop up TV would take up far too much room and would shrink either all of the aisle for walking with slides in and/or make the dinette much smaller. I'd rather not carry two dinette sizes.

Sink: we have gone to a large single bowl on all floor plans due to supply shortages and will likely not turn back. A large single bowl can be turned into a double bowl with a tub, but a double bowl with divider can never be turned into a single bowl.

98 gallons of fresh is in the bed base. Water heater did move to under the wardrobe.

storage did grow a bit.

towing is still 12k

Old 06-16-2022, 03:50 PM   #17

@bclemens Thanks for the reply and the insights.
Paddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:33 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Bed out.

Could make dinette down and have like a jumbo king...

Don't like the softness or firmness, move 12" and get a whole other softness or firmness
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5620.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	275075  

Old 06-17-2022, 08:37 AM   #19

DX3 NON CAB-OVER PLEASE!

Hopping to order a Dynamax soon and we're happy to see this new option

Love the fixed bed set-up and the bathroom looks to be very usable. Couple of questions if I may:

Is the washer dryer cabinet in this floor plan set up for separate units or will it be the same combination machine like the 31SS?

With the driver side slide in and the step up style slide being used on the Europa's, how easy or difficult is rear access in this floor plan. Seems like it would be a little cramped?

Any chance the DD engine will be an option in the Europa?

Thanks
esprit99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:44 AM   #20
Commercial Member

1. The washer and dryer are set up as a combo. Having said that, both wardrobes are both the same size. So washer would definitely need to go on the front one...a resourceful person could likely make a dryer work in the back wardrobe. (if separate was a must).

2. We would still need the step up style in the DX3 because we have plumbing below. The benefit is that you get FULL height compartments. With a flush floor slide it is a below flow set up that cuts into the cargo boxes below. I have a walk through video that shows them all, but you can see in the picture that the "belt rail" goes full lenght, uninterrupted. (DX3 normally jogs down). Sales thought it would be cramped too, but having spent 7 nights in it, I did not find this to be the case. I was able to walk to the back with no problem. I often used the step up for batter access into the cabinets over the sofa. If my son was laying in the sofa, I stepped up on the raised floor and easily got in there without disturbing anyone.

3. No chances of the DD8 in the Europa. We will not be offering chassis/engine options. If you want the bigger engine, then you would need to move to another model. The idea would be that we would offer this in a DX3 and XL.

Tags
floor