Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2018, 12:10 PM   #21

Take it to your dealer for warranty service.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #22
Commercial Member

I'll have to check it out on Monday, just flying back from the Berkshire Meeting.

For sure, you should be putting water in the bowl before you go. That is a must and also helps keep the seal from drying out and letting gases escape.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #23

I'm butting in again guys, but I have a30FW scheduled for delivery in August and this is of serious concern to me. I am aware that boats and motorhomes do not have much in common but waste disposal is the same problem for both. My boat has 2 masserating toilets and have been trouble free for 11 years! I'm not sure what toilet is used in the 36's but in the boat waste is pumped thru a 1&1/2 inch hose to a remote holding tank. The toilets back flush to a 7 inch thick paneled wall separating a closet and the pump, controls, etc. are contained therin. When I studied the 30FW electrical schematic there appears to be a hollow wall between the toilet and the bedroom which contains a recessed tv. With some modification it 'might' be possible to accommodate a masserating toilet in the 30 similar to the 36. If the wife or I end up pushing poop every few days .......🤬
RKBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'll have to check it out on Monday, just flying back from the Berkshire Meeting.

For sure, you should be putting water in the bowl before you go. That is a must and also helps keep the seal from drying out and letting gases escape.
I am anxiously awaiting your input, Brian.

We were out this time for 2 days and used so much water flushing that the gauges on the black tank read 2/3 full so we dumped and flushed. After only 2 days! The good news is that after I started filling the bowl before use I no longer had a pyramid starting and saw only paper at the end of the tube when I checked.

Question is, is there room in this floor plan for the macerating toilet, is that a possibility under warranty and would the local dealership be able to install? We seem to be using a crazy amount of water for flushing because I'm so scared of another pyramid starting. Seems like it will be quite a problem boon docking when water conservation is a priority.

Thanks,
Linda
Windsurf-mobile for us
LandKKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalenss View Post
Take it to your dealer for warranty service.
We have our appointment at the dealer scheduled for May 30 to see to all the things that have come up in our "shake down" weekends. We have quite a list of things needing to be tended to which would have been much longer if my husband was not the handy Mr fixit that he is, but not sure they can do much about this, seems like a factory warranty issue. Guess we'll see what Brian says come Monday.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 05-06-2018, 04:43 PM   #26

I'm thinking with you filling the bowl and normal flushing your problem will go away. Wife an I get 12 days per pump out.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I'm thinking with you filling the bowl and normal flushing your problem will go away. Wife an I get 12 days per pump out.
so all you do is fill the bowl, no prolonged flushing afterwards? If that works that would be great. Don't really want to hassle with changing the toilet and plumbing and all that entails.
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 05-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKKnight View Post
so all you do is fill the bowl, no prolonged flushing afterwards? If that works that would be great. Don't really want to hassle with changing the toilet and plumbing and all that entails.
Yep, just fill the bowl just like at home. Always have the bowl full to keep the seal wet. Don't fill the bowl to go. The bowl is kept full all the time.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #29

I'm gonna keep watching this to hear from B. I don't buy the idea of an oil pan shaped tank with the fill in the shallow end. It's no wonder your building Pyramids.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Yep, just fill the bowl just like at home. Always have the bowl full to keep the seal wet. Don't fill the bowl to go. The bowl is kept full all the time.
By seal do you mean the seal on the flap that opens to dump the contents of the toilet? How full does it have to be? And do you keep water in the bowl in between trips? Like, our next trip isn't until Memorial Day. I should keep water in the bowl to protect the seal all the time, even in between trips?
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 05-06-2018, 05:49 PM   #31

Quote:
By seal do you mean the seal on the flap that opens to dump the contents of the toilet? How full does it have to be? And do you keep water in the bowl in between trips? Like, our next trip isn't until Memorial Day. I should keep water in the bowl to protect the seal all the time, even in between trips?
Yes, If you can you want to keep water in the bowl. that's not always possible while in storage.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:53 AM   #32
Commercial Member

If its in storage, then you pour antifreeze in the bowl.

In discussing this with engineering is looks like some of the tanks we are getting in were bowing down in the middle. We have been working with the supplier to get this corrected since Nov. They started sending the tanks pressurized and that helps, but it only lasts a shipment or two and then they go back to shipping them mis-formed. They are so busy...I'm not 100% they care. We have been trying to catch them before install...but it would be one got through. That would put the pipe closer to the bottom than we would like. Again, by having water in the bowl before going #2 it helps immensely.

As for a macerator, its not quite that simple as there is wiring involved as well. The dealer should be able to see about cutting the pipe off, something to raise the tank level, new tank among other things. Until they see it, we can't really determine best course of action. But if it is not to spec, we'll be sure it gets taken care of one way or another.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #33

Quote:

In discussing this with engineering is looks like some of the tanks we are getting in were bowing down in the middle.

The dealer should be able to see about cutting the pipe off, something to raise the tank level, new tank among other things. Until they see it, we can't really determine best course of action. But if it is not to spec, we'll be sure it gets taken care of one way or another.
We took a look at our tanks, both gray and black tanks do not go straight down to the larger portion at the end, definitely bowing a bit toward the middle. This shouldn't be an issue with the gray I wouldn't think. We have an appt at DDRV Westminster on May 30 to address a slide problem as well as some other issues we have found since using the coach. Is there a way to let them know you are aware of our coach and can get authorization to address this problem quickly as well? We don't want to have to leave it there too long as we have trips planned. If its going to be a long involved repair we may wait until after summer to do it and just be diligent about the way we are using it. If all else fails and a poo pyramid develops I can always resort to sticking my arm down there like I have been doing to clear the clog but definitely do not want to be doing that forever!

Thanks for the response, Brian. Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to facilitate taking care of this, (send you my VIN, or anything else that might help to expedite authorization of the repair.)
Linda
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 05-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #34

Quote:
We took a look at our tanks, both gray and black tanks do not go straight down to the larger portion at the end, definitely bowing a bit toward the middle. This shouldn't be an issue with the gray I wouldn't think. We have an appt at DDRV Westminster on May 30 to address a slide problem as well as some other issues we have found since using the coach. Is there a way to let them know you are aware of our coach and can get authorization to address this problem quickly as well? We don't want to have to leave it there too long as we have trips planned. If its going to be a long involved repair we may wait until after summer to do it and just be diligent about the way we are using it. If all else fails and a poo pyramid develops I can always resort to sticking my arm down there like I have been doing to clear the clog but definitely do not want to be doing that forever!

Thanks for the response, Brian. Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to facilitate taking care of this, (send you my VIN, or anything else that might help to expedite authorization of the repair.)
Linda
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A01-...let+flush+wand This is better than reaching in there.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #35
Commercial Member

I have already sent this post to all of my warranty guys. I let them know of the issue, so that we can work to address it quickly. The only thing that should take any time is a new tank. But there are things that can be done to correct it without a new tank...so we'll try that first.

Old 05-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #36

Thank you!
Windsurf-mobile for us
Old 05-08-2018, 07:34 AM   #37

Quote:
We have been working with the supplier to get this corrected since Nov. They started sending the tanks pressurized and that helps, but it only lasts a shipment or two and then they go back to shipping them mis-formed. They are so busy...I'm not 100% they care.
Isn't that something! Looks like Dynamax is being sabotaged by a supplier. We're sending BC a bottle of Rolaids!

Black tanks have been produced for over 50 years, how do you go backwards in quality? I'm guessing other FR products are also getting these tanks. Maybe some of Warren's big guns should pay a visit to the tank manufacturer.

caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #38
Commercial Member

This was my engineer's "visual representation" of what could be happening. Not to scale of course. And yes...it would be nice if anyone cared, but right now the demand is so high its hard to have any pull whatsoever.

We have sent the designs over to another supplier for a potential long term fix...but in the meantime we just have to stay diligent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.02.39 A.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	171144  

Old 05-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #39

Quote:
This was my engineer's "visual representation" of what could be happening. Not to scale of course. And yes...it would be nice if anyone cared, but right now the demand is so high its hard to have any pull whatsoever.

We have sent the designs over to another supplier for a potential long term fix...but in the meantime we just have to stay diligent.
I'm no plastics guy, but you know how the storage bins have ridges? Perhaps the could mold ridges on the top portion of the tank to add stiffness? Maybe that would reduce the tendency to sag?
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #40

ridge on outside of tank smooth interior.

just like "smooth bore" plastic conduit used in fiber network runs