Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2020, 09:31 PM   #1

37BH with opposing seating being discontinued!?

Looking at the Dynamax website, we see the 37BH is being discontinued and replaced by the the 37BD.

We are really sorry to see the 37BH go away! The opposing seating in the front is a big deal to us, especially with the entry door back a bit so the opposing seating is right behind the cab seats. It is a very nice setup when on the road or camping.

We see how the extra counter space of the 37BD with TV down could be nice, but there is no way we would give up the opposing seating of the 37BH if given the choice. We will have to get more miles out of our current 37BH!

P.S. On the new 37BD, will buyers be able to order Love Seat in place of fireplace/TV to keep opposing seating?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_202046.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	242243   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_202443.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	242244  
Old 10-31-2020, 03:38 AM   #2

Some additional info here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...is-217582.html
Old 10-31-2020, 12:40 PM   #3
National Sales Manager

I appreciate your thoughts. Unfortunately we will not be offering the loveseat any longer. I would have to measure but if you look closely it would have to be a very small seat and we would have to reposition the tv. I have also attached the link that Brian explains the change. We did this because the uptake for the entertainment center was greater than 70 percent.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...is-217582.html
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
tanagnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:36 PM   #4

Sad to see the 37BH go. I specifically bought that floor plan because it is near impossible to find a coach with 2 sofas plus a dinette...yet alone with bunk beds. Took me over 1 year to find ours. Perfect floorplan for a family! There is so much sleeping capacity in the bunk models with the cab-over bunk, but where is everybody going to sit when cruising down the road? I understand it is all about supply and demand. Sucks the demand just isn't there for 2 sofas and a dinette.
randocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:10 PM   #5

I think the new floor plan is great and am ordering one, over old floor plan stock. Reason is the TV/fireplace is much more important to me than the opposing seating. I would have opted for the TV/fp even in the old floor plan 37BH. I think having that now directly across from sofa is better, and presumably it does clear up swiveling the passenger seat. I would add the only reason I have chosen the bunk house model is because I really don't like the isle cutting through the bathroom sink/toilet/shower in the other two floor plans. I have no use for the bunks, but plan to use for storage or remove altogether. They are two small except for small kids. I would like to see the washer/dryer and maybe some better layout for more kitchen counter in place of the bunks. Guess that will have to wait for another upgrade someday.
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:43 AM   #6

I prefer the new plan, even though we own the old plan. We do not travel with a lot of people, so we have always removed that extra loveseat anyways (had two BH models so far). We put a recliner in its place.

Watching the TV over the bed from the theatre seats or the dinette is difficult, you have to strain your neck and if the upper bed is made, you have to unmake it to move the TV out. I think the new model will lend well to how we use it.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #7

It is so interesting to hear the different experiences and thoughts people have via this forum! While I still like our opposing seating on the 37BH, I can understand why the alternate layout and TV placement on the 37BD could work for other folks.

Tanagnos, you definitely have the data set to know what people buy, and I can understand why you would build what the majority of customers buy. Is that 70% based solely on customer-ordered units, or does it includes dealer specs too?
Old 11-01-2020, 07:50 PM   #8
National Sales Manager

Content ,
You ask ... Is that 70% based solely on customer-ordered units, or does it includes dealer specs too? Yes dealer specs too, total number of bunkhouses built.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
tanagnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanagnos View Post
Content ,
You ask ... Is that 70% based solely on customer-ordered units, or does it includes dealer specs too? Yes dealer specs too, total number of bunkhouses built.
Thank you!
Old 11-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Glad we have a 37BH I would not want the loveseat gone for a fireplace and TV, our TV is up in the corner for good viewing

(no cab-over)