Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2022, 03:59 PM   #1

37TS dryer vent location

Would anyone have some measurements for the dryer vent hole location on a Force HD 37ts. Installing new units and want to measure twice and cut once as they say. Thanks
M T Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:04 PM   #2

Just a few grease the wheels questions. Are you looking for measurements from reference points on the outside of the coach? I guess I'd also be concerned knowing if there were any deviations year by model year in cabinetry or washer/dryer that has changed this slightly, making me weary to advise as well. So while I'd love to assist with having the same model I can only share thoughts so far!

Additionally, just thinking out loud with an engineers never-ending brain, I'd think possibly taking into consideration traveling down the road at 75mph has to be a factor too. You wouldn't want the vent to Catch and Swallow the wind forcing it back up toward the dryer. In my mind I see the vent exiting the dryer unit and then making a turn towards the rear of the coach before exiting the sidewall. The wind would have to make a 180 return cutting off the chance for wind to force air back at the dryer. Whereas if you came off the dryer and turned toward the front of the coach, depending on the vent you choose you might get the wind blowing back up the vent. Possible same for straight shout out. Sometimes I wish I didn't think this hard...

Addendum: Don't drive backward 75mph (wink nudge)
11FT Triton ATV Trailer / Artic Cat SXS
Retired: 2011 Dutchman Aerolite/2015 FR Heritage Glen
FORCE of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 05:13 PM   #3

Also wouldn't surprise me if that logic is accurate, that they use something like this behind the dryer. No fun to install but work well once you get it.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220104-171147_Chrome.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	267373Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220104-171131_Chrome.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	267374
11FT Triton ATV Trailer / Artic Cat SXS
Retired: 2011 Dutchman Aerolite/2015 FR Heritage Glen
FORCE of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:09 PM   #4

This is the vent that Dynamax uses with a regular flexible dryer vent duct.
https://www.rvandmarine.com/product/dryer-vent-4/
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:25 PM   #5

My 2021 Force 37TS has the Splendide washer and dryer. The dryer which is on top has the vent outlet on the top left corner of the unit. The vent exits directly out the side. There is an RV vent cap that goes on the outside that has a very low profile and vents straight down. I am not there so I can't provide measurements. But I think perhaps a good idea to have the units on site, with perhaps the washer in place, then measure the drying and get your dimensions. Remember there are vertical aluminum studs in that wall that you don't want to penetrate. The rest of the wall is filled with a solid foam insulation and easy drilling.

2021 Force 37TS (Detroit DD8)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2020 Isata-5 36DS (traded in)
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:12 PM   #6

I guess I should have indicated that the units I'm getting are indeed the Splendide units that are currently used as the factory option. I have looked at pictures online that show the vent location based on the paint scheme outside , but have noticed slight variences in that location. The vent they use appears to be the Splendide vent that can be ordered unpainted or chrome. Chrome will be my choice, as the location outside could involve painting more than one colour.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleman View Post
My 2021 Force 37TS has the Splendide washer and dryer. The dryer which is on top has the vent outlet on the top left corner of the unit. The vent exits directly out the side. There is an RV vent cap that goes on the outside that has a very low profile and vents straight down. I am not there so I can't provide measurements. But I think perhaps a good idea to have the units on site, with perhaps the washer in place, then measure the drying and get your dimensions. Remember there are vertical aluminum studs in that wall that you don't want to penetrate. The rest of the wall is filled with a solid foam insulation and easy drilling.
Thanks Invisibleman. Yup, well aware of the aluminum frames. Took a couple pictures of the passenger side one frosty morning in my driveway that clearly showed every frame outline on the outside of the coach. Unfortunately the drivers side was in the sun and have not been able to get a shot of that side in the same conditions.

Tags
cat, location, vent