Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Me too. We owe you a hat or a shirt at the very least. I think I'm out of mugs.

That was certainly a winter build. If it was a summer build, they would have noticed that before it ever got into the paint shop. They would have been complaining about it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #22

An when we picked it up it was 42 degrees outside. We knew the heat was working well.
BMW Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #23

Bald guys like me can always use another hat. [emoji3]
Old 03-29-2017, 03:32 PM   #24

BMW Rider I'm glad you got it figured out. Once I get the rv cooled down i close the main vent to get all the air coming out the roof vents which makes it much quieter. At least on my 2007. Again your new coach is probably different but I've been told that all roof units are a little noisy but it's funny that those last two beers by the fire makes not as noticeable
rickkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
A/C issues resolved. On the front unit the installers taped over the openings going to the ducts. The fix was easy but I had to remove both the cover and the base part of the unit. On the rear unit the ducts were correct but the baffle that separates the intake chamber from the exhaust chamber was never installed. I was just laid inside the chambers. It needed to be trimmed to correct height to compensate for the thickness of the roof and it had not even been trimmed yet. Again an easy fix but still had to remove the same parts. Kinda looked to me like the folks installing the A/C units were asleep that day or in a huge hurry. I was glad I had the installation instructions.
That explains my problem. Small trailer camper but my air conditioning made a lot of noise. Found the baffle turnned 180 degrees. Air was whistling under the baffle from output to the input. I turned the baffle 180 degrees and it all matched up and no more whistling noise.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #26

Rickey my hearing is not good so all I have to do is turn off the hearing aids
Old 03-29-2017, 06:45 PM   #27

Now I think that is about the best use of technology iv'e ( heard) of, no pun intended in a long time
Old 03-29-2017, 06:52 PM   #28

Also as far as the bald thing goes i'm with you just remember , grass doesn't grow on a busy street. And GOD only made so many perfect heads and the rest he put hair on

Tags
vent