Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 03:16 PM   #1

A few more Force questions

1. Does the Force include a built-in air compressor?
  2. Why the much smaller awning on the 37BH vs the other floorplans? 13' on the BH vs 17' on the others. It seems that, with the additional people implied by the BH, you would, if anything, want a bigger awning...
  3. Is it possible to install the larger awning from, say, the 37TS, on to the 37BH in order to get the larger size?
  4. The "LP Quick Connect" listed in the Standards/Options - is that an easy hookup for things like an LP grill?
  5. What are peoples opinion on the Bilstein Gas-Charged Front Shocks option? What kind of ride/handling difference does it make? Is it possible to switch to those shocks aftermarket, or does the unit have to come equipped with them originally?
random_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:25 PM   #2

Yes air. Model depends wether you get an outlet.

Awning is short because of the bunk bedroom slide.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 05-31-2016, 04:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_james View Post
  1. Does the Force include a built-in air compressor?
  2. Why the much smaller awning on the 37BH vs the other floorplans? 13' on the BH vs 17' on the others. It seems that, with the additional people implied by the BH, you would, if anything, want a bigger awning...
  3. Is it possible to install the larger awning from, say, the 37TS, on to the 37BH in order to get the larger size?
  4. The "LP Quick Connect" listed in the Standards/Options - is that an easy hookup for things like an LP grill?
  5. What are peoples opinion on the Bilstein Gas-Charged Front Shocks option? What kind of ride/handling difference does it make? Is it possible to switch to those shocks aftermarket, or does the unit have to come equipped with them originally?
Kenny answered the awning question. The HD Force has an air chuck in the battery compartment. I haven't driven anything except the Force HD with the gas shocks so I have nothing to compare to, but body roll is minimal & ride seems good from where I sit. Undoubtedly you could upgrade the shocks at a later time. Interested in a response to the gas connection.

Branson, MO
jeffseay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Yes air. Model depends wether you get an outlet.

Awning is short because of the bunk bedroom slide.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Oh, duh - I should've realized that! I think I need some more coffee - maybe an IV drip is in order?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffseay View Post
Kenny answered the awning question. The HD Force has an air chuck in the battery compartment. I haven't driven anything except the Force HD with the gas shocks so I have nothing to compare to, but body roll is minimal & ride seems good from where I sit. Undoubtedly you could upgrade the shocks at a later time. Interested in a response to the gas connection.
Thanks!
Old 05-31-2016, 08:41 PM   #6

I am considering adding a cassette awning to the bh slide out, two awnings would be awesome. The shocks are great and the local Freightliner dealer said that the stock shocks are junk, and The billstein was a great upgrade. I added a safe t steer which has made handling awesome.

The propane quick connect is at the bottom of the propane tank, going to run a hose to the passenger side and direct connect to a Weber grill. There are you tube videos on hooking the grill up without the regulator.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:10 PM   #7

Halla,
Did you mean Safe-t-plus steering stabilizer or is there another company called Safty steer.

I looked up Safe-t-plus and that looks like a must have.

Thanks

2 RV Trips to date
19 States
2016 Dynamax Force HD
ablarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:46 AM   #8

Yes, Safe T Plus out of Atlanta. Sorry about that, it was a great addition, now I am comfortable with one hand driving and it doesn't get a lot of push back when you pass semi's etc...