Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #1

Adventurous Ride Home

Picked up the I3 today. Nice, but bugs still present even though it was slightly used. On the way home there began a very loud screeching from somewhere behind me. Pulled into a rest stop and it turned out that the step was cycling...every few seconds. Loose wire at magnet sensor by screen door had not been crimped well and was loose so hoping that's fixed now. The solar controller decided to go into fault code mode, po-l for reverse polarity. I can't get the cover off because someone completely stripped both the screw heads. I'm still researching a reset or fix and will take all the help there is out there. Dealer doesn't have a clue. It started out showing 13.4 amps but went into error mode on the drive home. Loud...the sound meter read 74-79 dB but I'll chase down a lot of that. I hope we end up loving this thing as much as we want to!
Riverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM   #2

Managed to work the cover off and found the problem. Sure enough, the panel side was wired backwards. Back together with new screws and seems to be charging. I didn't actually see the readout earlier but relied on other eyes, and memories, to claim the 13.4 reading. Fingers crossed...
Old 02-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #3

You will do just fine with your new purchase if you have that skill set to troubleshoot and repair. Most issues are not worth your time to go to a dealer for repair.
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbend View Post
Managed to work the cover off and found the problem. Sure enough, the panel side was wired backwards. Back together with new screws and seems to be charging. I didn't actually see the readout earlier but relief on other eyes, and memories, to claim the 13.4 reading. Fingers crossed...
Congratulations Riverbend! Nice rig! You always feel better when you find and fix a couple of things on the road home for the first time. No coach new or old is perfect and the people here can help you with most anything you come across. Welcome to the Dynamax family and Happy Camping!
I5PhilGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #5

Thanks Milkman and Phil for your kind words. It's a nice rig and will just get nicer with familiarity and good memories. And someone else already put the first nicks and scuffs on it so we're in the clear and don't have to worry about it. I'm sure there's more work to do but that comes with the territory. I'm sure I'll have questions and thanks for the help so far.

Tags
vent