Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2021, 02:53 PM   #1

Air-conditioning

With the roof top units, do we adjust or close the louvers on the unit to achieve ducted ac?
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 04:03 PM   #2

Mine does
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #3

If you close the louvers (yellow circles), it forces the air to the ceiling vents (blue arrows). If it's extremely hot in the coach and you want a blast of cold air directly down, just open the louvers.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210605_170942.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	256247
SusieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 10:08 AM   #4

Thanks all for the assistance, now I have it narrowed to a no performing main living are unit, master bedroom unit is keeping that area at 70, front, 94 degrees and the units are new..

Makes for a hard 1st trip out...

Brian, we head out to savanna on Tuesday, May need some warranty work onsite.:-)

Andrew. 2021 37 TS... a bit warm!
Old 06-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
Thanks all for the assistance, now I have it narrowed to a no performing main living are unit, master bedroom unit is keeping that area at 70, front, 94 degrees and the units are new..

Makes for a hard 1st trip out...

Brian, we head out to savanna on Tuesday, May need some warranty work onsite.:-)

Andrew. 2021 37 TS... a bit warm!
Front area always seem to be hotter due to the poor insulation in the cap. Also, the thermostat seems to poorly located and read higher temps
Are you getting cold air out of the front AC with the louvers open after about 5 minutes?? I used a digital point and measure thermometer and recently checked mine.

Have you checked the breaker?
Old 06-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #6

Breaker is good, with louvers open, 83 front, rear is 50 deg..
Old 06-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Hmm..I would remove the cover inside and just look around inside. Look for blockages of air or any loose or cut wires.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:11 AM   #8
Motorized GM

While we have not confirmed it...we have "heard" that some of the Coleman Mach's were not fully filled with refrigerant. They might work for a bit, then they don't. Again, they have not confirmed that with us and rumors are sometimes just that....
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 11:14 AM   #9
Motorized GM

Quote:
The ducts are all connected...have you tried closing down some of the rear lovers to push more of the rear air up front?

As for poorly insulated caps...the caps don't really have anything to do with it. The heat gain in the front is two-fold....you are trying to cool a larger area, and the front cab area is single pane, non-tinted windows. Reflective shades up front will help a ton, but so can closing off the cab altogether.
Please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube page for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/
Old 06-06-2021, 11:44 AM   #10

Tried all suggestions, leaning towards low juice.. now, how to open a claim so we get service in Savanah... on the race track today, and we are leaving for naples on Monday, then up to GA
Old 06-06-2021, 11:48 AM   #11
Motorized GM

"low juice"? are you on shore or gen power?
Old 06-06-2021, 12:55 PM   #12

Shore power
Old 06-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #13

Juice=charge
Old 06-06-2021, 01:18 PM   #14
Motorized GM

50A or 30A?
Old 06-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
While we have not confirmed it...we have "heard" that some of the Coleman Mach's were not fully filled with refrigerant. They might work for a bit, then they don't. Again, they have not confirmed that with us and rumors are sometimes just that....
Definitely keep us posted! Is there any way to hook up a set of guages to the system to check it out, or is it all sealed. We do a lot of ac installs at my workplace.
Jetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #16

We have had similar issues.

Ours has the Dometic 2 ac control fancy thermostat.

Good news! It does everything imaginable. Bad news? The menu was set up by a three year old with difficulty with English.. Nearly killed the DW. I was finishing up outside. She was in the fiver trying to get the ac to work. Over 100 degrees in the trailer.

She almost collapsed when I found her. Made her sit in the truck. Both the heat and the ac were on at the same time. She was starting to fade. Was trying to exhaust air thru the microwave that does not connect to the outside.

There is a steep learning curve to that thermostat. One secret is to count to 20 every time you press a button. It confuses easily.

A written copy 8 1/2" x 11" of the manual is a good idea. Intuitive it is not.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 05:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
"low juice"? are you on shore or gen power?
I think maybe he is referring to Freon? These are closed systems, no Freon to add.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:40 PM   #18

Brian, 50a.. and even the rear dropped output to 75deg.. something is definitely not right..
Old 06-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #19
Motorized GM

Quote:
Brian, 50a.. and even the rear dropped output to 75deg.. something is definitely not right..
If you reach out to Airxcel, I know there is a form they want filled out for A/C service. A/C shortages are 2nd only to awnings right now.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:54 AM   #20

More news, when connected to shore power, we looked at the display (multiplex) under source, no source shown, no load shown either when we are using power. I read the instructions, and if I understand the intent of the display, once we com on shore power (i hear the relay thump) I should see the supplied ampre on the display, yes? Maybe there is a simple fix? All other appliance, minus washer dryer operated as designed.