Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2022, 03:34 PM   #1

Allison Computer Problems

I have a 2022 Dynamax Europa with M2 Freightliner and Allison 3200 6 speed transmission with 2700 miles on the odometer. Two weeks ago while driving down the interstate it stopped shifting gears and stayed in that gear till I stopped. Then would not go back in gear for several minutes. When it went in gear it stayed in the same gear until stopping . So I ended up driving to the Freightliner dealer 80 miles away in 3rd gear (45 mph). It’s been there 2 weeks and waiting on a computer test from Allison to determine how to fix this. Anyone else had this problem ? Any words of encouragement?
Jsail48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:55 PM   #2

I have the same tranny and I am heart broken you are going through this. Fingers crossed. Mine seems to be running fine with 3500 miles on the odometer.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:30 PM   #3
Commercial Member

I don't know that I have seen this exact same thing, but something similar and as I recall it was a wire in the transmission harness. A loose connection I think. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:37 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Our local rep, said he spoke with someone yesterday that had an Allison issue. The fix was replacing the transmission control unit (TCU). Was that you? Do you have the last (6) of your VIN, or the shop you are at?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #5

Hello,
Late yesterday afternoon they mentioned TSU. TAG Truck Center Calvert City , KY. MR1114
They said the person ordering it will be in today. I don’t understand their division of service, waiting for Allison certified I can see but waiting for someone to order the part seemed odd.
Hopefully this will be quick and correct the problem.
Thanks for your help
Old 07-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #6

Sorry,I meant TCU
Old 07-12-2022, 02:15 PM   #7

I figured it would be a different Allison trans in the Europa, looks like it is the same one all the way from the Europa to the XL. Cummins 6.7, Detroit DD8 and Cummins 8.9

Our XL stayed in 2nd gear once, but it was super cold out and I was trying the Mode option before I parked it last time. Has been rock solid since.

Best of luck, hoping it is just a simple part swap.

Jim
CyberShanks is offline   Reply With Quote