Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #1

Question Annual Sales #'s

This may be a question for Brian... Wondering what the approx sales numbers are for the different Dynamax Brands? When researching prior to our Isata 3 purchase, I heard someone say that ~300-350 Isata 3's are sold annually, but have no idea if that # is accurate and curious about the other brands as well.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2020, 05:37 PM   #2

That's closer to the big trucks. Think the 3s are in the 1000 to 1500 range.

Now we wait to see how close I was.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
That's closer to the big trucks...

I think you just gave me an inferiority complex...

You mean my Isata 3 is not a "Big Truck"? LOL
Old 08-09-2020, 06:48 PM   #4

Lol they have two lines at at the factory. The isata 3s, (used to be 4s) and I believe 30FW 5s go down one line and the Freightliner chassis and bigger 5s on another (big trucks)

And no the 3 is not big when compared to a 40 foot long freightliner sorry [emoji6]
Old 08-09-2020, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
And no the 3 is not big when compared to a 40 foot long freightliner sorry [emoji6]

Actually, we just downsized after many years of having much longer Class A's. Thoroughly enjoying the change, thus far. Perfect size for DW, myself and the dog.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 AM   #6
Commercial Member

3's were in the 600 range, but due to us trying to increase 5 production and MB chassis shortages they are down in the 300 range.

We're getting a building back this month so we should have a dedicated line for each chassis soon.

Orders dictate a lot more....but frankly I am more concerned with building them right, than building them fast. We're very close to getting them how I want them...once that happens we will ramp up conservatively.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
3's were in the 600 range, but due to us trying to increase 5 production and MB chassis shortages they are down in the 300 range.

We're getting a building back this month so we should have a dedicated line for each chassis soon.

Orders dictate a lot more....but frankly I am more concerned with building them right, than building them fast. We're very close to getting them how I want them...once that happens we will ramp up conservatively.

Thanks Brian. What about the other makes?
Old 08-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #8
Commercial Member

5's are similar, in the 300 range now, were in the 200 range. M2's are in the 200-250 range. Should be up over 1000 total once the new building is in play.

Old 08-10-2020, 11:18 AM   #9

Quote:
5's are similar, in the 300 range now, were in the 200 range. M2's are in the 200-250 range. Should be up over 1000 total once the new building is in play.
Thanks Brian. Curious on volume to see how often I might be able to say "I saw a Dynamax"...

Have only seen one (3) so far on my way home from MO when I bought the unit in Feb, although I keep looking...
Old 08-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #10
Commercial Member

I saw on Isata 3 heading southbound when I was coming back from South carolina. I don't actually recall where...North or South Carolina.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:35 PM   #11

Quote:
..but frankly I am more concerned with building them right, than building them fast. We're very close to getting them how I want them...once that happens we will ramp up conservatively.
Now THAT, is the right answer!

Mike&Donna
2013 Dynaquest 390XL
On the dolly:
2012 Scion iQ (Inclement weather & grocery getter)
Mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythplaced View Post
Now THAT, is the right answer!
I agree.

My SIL bought a new Class "A" about a year ago. She asked me what I thought about it. I told her that I wasn't familiar with that model but I told what I had read about the company's reputation and if I was her that I wouldn't be planning any long trips for at least the first year. Unfortunately that proved to be true.

Brian's got it right. People remember those early bad experiences. If you supply a good product initially, people remember that too. Unfortunately, you always hear the bad stories but don't always hear the good. So, let me say that I did have initial problems with the DX3. They were all minor and taken care of under warranty quickly and professionally.

Greater volume of product is not always the best way to increase profit if your product is poor quality. It catches up with you in the end.
E T F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
When I ran my VIN number through the recall search page on the Forest River website, it said that there were 9 2019 Isata 5 35DBs that fell into the recall. The gear in my head got turning…..did you only MAKE 9 35DBs for 2019?
Old 08-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #14
Commercial Member

eh, not sure. I actually show fewer 19's than that. That was when we started phasing them out. 18's there were about 20.

As I said, many people feel like the bunks are a "must have", even some dealers, but when I point out the actual stats, it is not nearly as popular as people think it is...at least in a Class C.

I'll design a new bunk model...that one should work better.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:27 PM   #15

Quote:
eh, not sure. I actually show fewer 19's than that. That was when we started phasing them out. 18's there were about 20.
You show FEWER than NINE?!?!? What number _do_ you show? Sheeesh, I knew you were phasing them out in ’19, but dang, that’s LOW volume!

Quote:
As I said, many people feel like the bunks are a "must have", even some dealers, but when I point out the actual stats, it is not nearly as popular as people think it is...at least in a Class C.
Well, it was a MUST for us with 3 kids. If we had 2 kids, I would have been a tad more open to other floor plans, but not with 3.

Quote:
I'll design a new bunk model...that one should work better.
OH OH OH OH, test mule right here!!!! PICK ME, PICK ME! We will put hundreds of nights in it during the first year alone!!!!