Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2021, 09:36 AM   #1

70mph Ringing Noise - Another Brian Clemens Success Story

I had an issue with a loud ringing sound at 70mph. After over 3 years of taking it to different shops no one could figure out where it is coming from. I contacted Brian and he put me in touch with the service manager at Hill Truck, the Freightliner dealer in Elkhart. The service manager called and we discussed the issue. He said it’s possible that one of the driveshaft’s could be missing the insulation and to tap on each one. Sure enough the driveshaft attached to the transmission rang like a church bell. Freightliner corrected the problem and now purrs like a kitten at 70mph. If it wasn’t for Brian’s help this may have never been resolved.

Thank you Brian for all you do for us!

Jeff
JRM63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM63 View Post
I had an issue with a loud ringing sound at 70mph. After over 3 years of taking it to different shops no one could figure out where it is coming from. I contacted Brian and he put me in touch with the service manager at Hill Truck, the Freightliner dealer in Elkhart. The service manager called and we discussed the issue. He said it’s possible that one of the driveshaft’s could be missing the insulation and to tap on each one. Sure enough the driveshaft attached to the transmission rang like a church bell. Freightliner corrected the problem and now purrs like a kitten at 70mph. If it wasn’t for Brian’s help this may have never been resolved.

Jeff
Brian is the “go to” guy here on the forum. Although he primes the Dynamax sub forum, he’s been helpful all across the board.

How was anyone but him going to figure that some insulation was missing from a driveshaft of the motor chassis…….nothing to do with the “home”.

He’s amazing.
Hats off to Brian.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Well, the thanks here is really to Dave Klockow at Trucks Centers Inc. Like I have said before...we often choose suppliers based on their customer support. Dave is the one that came up with the test. He started his career in service, so he has a unique understanding that he brings to the sales side of things. All of the people at Truck Centers have been great, Dave, especially.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:15 AM   #4

Tell you what, they know their stuff to be able to know the solution to an issue like that that quickly.

—john
johndjmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:44 PM   #5

Another Brian Clemens Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, the thanks here is really to Dave Klockow at Trucks Centers Inc. Like I have said before...we often choose suppliers based on their customer support. Dave is the one that came up with the test. He started his career in service, so he has a unique understanding that he brings to the sales side of things. All of the people at Truck Centers have been great, Dave, especially.

I 100% agree! Dave has helped me out of several tough situations in the past and remained patient and understanding through it all. He is a valuable asset for us Freightliner owners.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #6

Maybe Bryan can help me . When I am pulling my travel trailer at ninety miles per hour there is a loud noise coming from the passenger seat , she will finally start beating me around my head with a tire iron . What should I do ? I removed the tire iron and now she beats me with one of the beer bottles from the floor .
wanderingbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingbob View Post
Maybe Bryan can help me . When I am pulling my travel trailer at ninety miles per hour there is a loud noise coming from the passenger seat , she will finally start beating me around my head with a tire iron . What should I do ? I removed the tire iron and now she beats me with one of the beer bottles from the floor .
There are clearly two choices here, both proven effective-ish.

1. In light of the current Covid situation, put up a government mandated "Covid Protection system". That would be a shatter-proof acrylic divider between the driver and passenger seats. It can be "clear" to give the "impression" that you see, hear and care (but just have to do your part to stop the spread. 14-ish days to flatten the...errrr, whatever).

2. Ejection seat

make that (3)....speeding up also helps as they need to use both hands to hang on.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
There are clearly two choices here, both proven effective-ish.

1. In light of the current Covid situation, put up a government mandated "Covid Protection system". That would be a shatter-proof acrylic divider between the driver and passenger seats. It can be "clear" to give the "impression" that you see, hear and care (but just have to do you part to stop the spread).

2. Ejection seat

make that (3)....speeding up also helps as they need to use both hands to hang on.

Brian that's hysterical!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM63 View Post

Jeff

I was leaning toward the internal alarm in your brain that 70 was fast enough!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise