Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2020, 07:50 PM   #41
Señor Miembro

Our broke off before we left the dealer parking lot. Tech said they were crap and always breaking. We just installed a cheap door hold open latch .
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:28 PM   #42
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

Another Dynamax Horror Story

I had a BIG gust of wind that pulled me out the coach door. Landed on my feet still holding the door bar that I had added, broke the snubber/air spring. Ending up installing a door latch and a bumper so the door wouldn’t hit the camera. I believe it’s a lot better set up then the air spring, and looks better. Plus the door doesn’t spring back and forth in the wind when open with just the screen door closed.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:19 PM   #43
Commercial Member

We have gone to a completely new door system now on the 5 series and up. gas strut at all.

It is too heavy for the sprinter...but I actually don't hear many issues with the Sprinter, it seems to always be the 5 and the M2...not sure why that is???

They are working on a lighter version for the Sprinter...but not sure it will ever be light enough.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We have gone to a completely new door system now on the 5 series and up. gas strut at all.

It is too heavy for the sprinter...but I actually don't hear many issues with the Sprinter, it seems to always be the 5 and the M2...not sure why that is???

They are working on a lighter version for the Sprinter...but not sure it will ever be light enough.
I love the way my door works without any strut, just the interference fit of the hinges.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:44 PM   #45

X2
Old 05-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #46

Since our strut finally let loose, and then we managed to break a replacement in less than a month (when it rains it pours) ... we've since realized how nice the door works with no strut at all.

Now bear in mind I will not accept warranty claims if you leave the door open with no strut and it slams open or shut. This mod requires a certain level of responsibility on your part. I like to call it "one had on the door under any and all circumstances"
Old 05-26-2020, 06:32 AM   #47

The home folks have air filled bumpers of soft plastic to keep damage from a refrigerator door from banging when open.

Self sticking , might save the camera.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 06:45 AM   #48

The door strut is the weak link. Mine broke too. I would rather have the cheap strut break instead of the mounting posts or internal components. Agree though, house/car don't rip struts off in moderate winds. Glad Dynamax is using beefier doors though. Seems like an area where most would prefer a more solid component given it's use. Mine requires you slam the door to get the latch to catch. Can't imagine that is good either. It is better than other brand doors though.
randocommando is offline   Reply With Quote