Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #1

Any regrets on DX3 TS or BH

I'll echo many previous posts as a newbie to the forum that this info is great to have and I appreciate everyone's opinions (even when they do show some areas of improvement for these coaches). My wife and I are debating floor plans for a DX3 between the TS and BH. We have 2 boys (9 & 11). We like the extra space in the TS but the bunks are convenient on the BH.

Rather than asking what everyone prefers, I would ask any TS or BH owners if they have any regrets and wish they would've went with the other floorplan? I'm leaning towards the TS but my wife likes the idea of not making beds all the time in the BH.

I'm open to everyone's thoughts on these floorplans.

Thanks!
DX3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:21 PM   #2

It's only the Wife and I so the TS is preferred, but, we would have liked to invite others that can't get out. So the BH would have been better at that time. Nothing is perfect!
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Ah you just have to decide whats most important. We have the BH and having that bunk slide is awesome for extra sleeping, plus you can shut both doors and its kind of like 3 bedrooms. I have a small shelf near the lower bunk for storage of bags etc, nightstand. We didn't expect to use it as much as we have, but seems someone is always in those bunks. We have 3 children who are in their early 20's who still come with us at times and bring friends!! And I love not having to put those beds away every night.

However, if didn't need that sleeping area would totally go for the TS. MUCH more living area, counter space(which is aweful in the BH) However they have moved that countertop extension now which helps.

Good luck!!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #4

I do not have DX3, but I do have a TT with bunks. I will say that not only is it nice to not have to make up the beds every night, but it also gives the kids a space to call their "own" and store some of their stuff.
2022 F450
bcintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #5

It’s just the wife and I (plus dog). We got the BH hoping to repurpose the bunk as a dog crate and storage. In retrospect prob should’ve gone TS but I can’t say I’ve ever wished we had while living in it. We make the counter space work. The two couches is a must for us.

One thing I’ve definitely heard from others is that making / breaking down beds every day gets old. I’d opt for BH in your shoes
Old 08-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcintx View Post
I do not have DX3, but I do have a TT with bunks. I will say that not only is it nice to not have to make up the beds every night, but it also gives the kids a space to call their "own" and store some of their stuff.
^^^^THIS.

We have three girls and have the BH with the cabover. As long as they don't bring along extra friends, everyone has their own place to retreat to when they need to get away.

Plus, when all the guys go wheeling, I've got a bed for several buddies.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #7

Love our BH, no regrets.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:01 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Fourwhl did u check out bunk mods in masterblaster and joet1977 coaches?
letsgorving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #9

I’ve got pictures of Masterblasters. Definitely have plans to do something similar. Even now I love it for temp storage
Old 08-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #10

Got to have a Bunk House. We have an adult child that goes with us

Here is my mod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bunk.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	184724  
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:19 PM   #11

Oh yes, what fourwhl said, when not using for beds, great storage. Also, we opted for the 2 couchs as well (standard floorplan) More seating, don't think you can get that in TS?

Joe looks cozy
Old 08-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #12

We had a BH Seneca and switched to the Force HD TS with a cabover bunk. The DX3 is also available with a cabover bunk. We have two kids (12 and 15). We like the bigger living room, kitchen area and longer awning with the TS. We chose to go with two couches. Our first trip was eight people to Yellowstone...slept two on each couch, two in the cabover bunk and two in the master bed with no issue. You have to give up the counter/fireplace/tv and some outside storage room, but we have no regrets. Really, you can't lose either way. Just depends on your personal preferences.
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #13
Retired Army Paratrooper

We have the BH and we absolutely love the option of doing different things with it.
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:59 PM   #14

We have the BH. Two 4 year old twin boy. On thing I miss is not having the cab over for more flexibility. We love it.
Motorhome1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX3 Guy View Post
I'll echo many previous posts as a newbie to the forum that this info is great to have and I appreciate everyone's opinions (even when they do show some areas of improvement for these coaches). My wife and I are debating floor plans for a DX3 between the TS and BH. We have 2 boys (9 & 11). We like the extra space in the TS but the bunks are convenient on the BH.

Rather than asking what everyone prefers, I would ask any TS or BH owners if they have any regrets and wish they would've went with the other floorplan? I'm leaning towards the TS but my wife likes the idea of not making beds all the time in the BH.

I'm open to everyone's thoughts on these floorplans.

Thanks!
Bunks are extremely short and not very tall, boys will out grow them quickly so you really need cabover bed which is longer...

or get the Hide-A-Bed Couch in Living area instead of Theatre Seating...
LTZ470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:17 PM   #16

Dont know what length bunks LTZ470 has, ours are 76 inches long. My 6' 4" son can sleep in them. They are about the longest bunks you can get in an RV
letsgorving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:30 PM   #17

Thanks for all the info. No matter which floorpan, it will have the 2 couch's / sofa's. No TV/Fireplace combo. I like the cabover DX3's which may help solve some of the sleeping space issue's but those are hard to find unless I go brand new.....not sure there yet. Our friends have a Monaco Class A with the same age boys and still prefer the larger living area vs. "losing" space with a BH. While not ideal, a blow up mattress solves a lot of problems during those infrequent times you need more sleeping space......which is my argument when the Mrs. says she still likes the BH!!!

Time to flip a coin!!
DX3 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:05 PM   #18

Maybe it's the height that makes them seem extremely small...similar to a Cruise Ship Bunk, smaller than the normal bunks most are accustom to...
Old 08-28-2018, 11:07 PM   #19

4 boys and bought a TS because they fought about who had to sleep in the bunks in our previous class c. First TT had opposing slides with a rear living area and we missed that openness when we went to a Bh. I hate making beds but the TS isn’t so bad. If you plan to keep it for a while and expect to sleep teens then I would get the overhead bunk because the dinette and the passenger side sofa are too small.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:15 PM   #20

Dynamax Bunks 28" X 76"..........Renegade Bunks 30" X 76"....does make a difference for sure...