Old 01-09-2020, 12:15 PM   #1

Asking for help on bed

Greetings from new member of this forum,

We have a 2017 Isata III 24rw. The bed sucks! Does anyone have a solution for the mattress? It seems to be really lumpy and the “crack” in the middle where it folds seems to be more pronounced now. Would a piece of foam work?

What is the best answer? Help, my wife is suffering in this bed!

Smdmld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. Bedding is personal preference. We didn't like ours and went with the Mattress In A Box. For us, 100% better then what came with the unit. Tried a topper but that made the mattress too high. Some love sleep by number. Lots of choices.

Old 01-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #3

We bought a memory foam mattress and love it.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre - Tow Package
Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:59 PM   #4

With the questions you asked "need help on bed" and "wife is suffering in this bed" we could have came back with some pretty interesting answers lol. We put the 3" memory foam mattress on top of ours and my wife is finally satisfied in our bed lol.
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
We bought a memory foam mattress and love it.
2x's
Old 01-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #6

just be aware that camper mattresses are specific sizes like ours is a camper queen about 6" shorter than a standard mattress
Paynediaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #7

I think yours has to fold in 1/2 to close slide?
Old 01-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paynediaz View Post
just be aware that camper mattresses are specific sizes like ours is a camper queen about 6" shorter than a standard mattress
Sure enough. For an RV you want a "short queen". They are available through Amazon and Walmart.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #9

I bought a really thick puffy mattress pad—not a cheap one. The bed is super comfortable now. I, too, have a split mattress. I paid around $80 for it. Well worth the cost.
travelininmymbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #10

I believe the Isata r has a split mattress. You might post your question in the Sunseeker/Forrester section as they also offer this floor plan with the split mattress and maybe someone there can help you out. We have the Sunseeker
2400 W with a spilt mattress but haven't had problems.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:35 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
I believe the Isata r has a split mattress. You might post your question in the Sunseeker/Forrester section as they also offer this floor plan with the split mattress and maybe someone there can help you out. We have the Sunseeker
This was moved by moderator, so the Dynamax community and Dynamax GM Brian Clemens can be more helpful.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #12

Can cut memory foam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paynediaz View Post
Fortunately it's easy to cut memory foam if you get a better price on a full-size than a camper size. Mark a line with a chalk line or a Sharpie-and-straightedge. Use an electric knife, same thing you would use to carve a turkey. Takes just a minute or two to do the job.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #13
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smdmld View Post

We have a 2017 Isata III 24rw. The bed sucks! Does anyone have a solution for the mattress? It seems to be really lumpy and the “crack” in the middle where it folds seems to be more pronounced now. Would a piece of foam work?

Sunseeker/Forester use a wedge style mattress, not a hinge.

1. You may want to try the mattress that we run today. we have made changes since 2017, added more memory foam and changed the way that the hinge is assembled. (instead of two mattresses built as two parts and then connected with a piece of fabric, they are built sort of as one piece without a top and then the top is sewn on across both sides. Reducing the ability for the mattress to split)

2. Having said that...I would also recommend a nice fitted topper. The elastic helps keep the two parts together so they cannot spread apart. I have slept on that exact same mattress and even just a fitted sheet helps keep them together.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 04:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
Yes, if your mattress has two halves make sure you push them fully together. We had that issue with our previous Sunseeker.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:18 PM   #15

I added a couple of brackets to hold the mattress tight up against the wall. It helped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6825.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	221646   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6826.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	221647   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6827.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	221648   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6829.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	221649  
Old 01-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #16

My wife bought a mattress topper for ours it helped but I didn’t think it was that bad to start with but the wife did so we compromised and she got her way , lol . You asked about foam we have a horse trailer with a camper in the front that we use when going to horse shows and trail rides it has a 5in foam mattress in the bed which is in the neck of the trailer there’s not a lot of head room up there so a full mattress would be too thick but it’s the best bed I’ve ever slept in . Just plain foam on the solid surface of the trailer neck and I sleep better there than anywhere. I tried to talk the wife into getting a foam mattress like it for the camper but once again we compromised and done what she wanted and got the 130$ topper lol
Sfgoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:36 PM   #17

My new Surveyor has a terrible bed. I added the 3" TOPPER from the My Pillow Company and it is now great to sleep on.
Don in the Surveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #18
PSU

The first few nights on the new coach bed were very difficult, this mattress pad has improved sleep quality to the point that we are sleeping nearly as well as we do on our custom home bed.

http://https://www.amazon.com/gp/pro...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #19
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smdmld View Post

Can you post some pictures of the mattress AND of the base under it? If it is an RW, I know for a few coaches, the slide floor did not protrude far enough to support the rear section. There is a mattress specifically made to correct this. I would need pictures to tell though.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #20

Pool Noodles

We found placing 2 pool noodles under the mattress where the base steps down in height leveled the mattress out so it is acceptable. Nevertheless, we will soon be replacing our mattress.

profdollar is offline   Reply With Quote