Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2019, 01:53 AM   #1

ATT hotspots now adding RV companies

Dynamax ATT now has auto/rv's setup as hotspot available with ATT. Airstream is the only RV company it appears. Please get setup on the list so Dynamax and the Winegard ConnecT2 can be used directly thru ATT which now you cannot.

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car.html
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
Commercial Member

This is a chassis specific device...you have to subscribe to their "hot spot". Likely, Airstream is listed for their B-van as they have it built into the Mercedes chassis as they order it that way. This is more a question for Ram.

But right BELOW that, it says if your brand is not listed you can get the spark. https://www.att.com/devices/harman/s...sku=sku8900265

Looks like a device that plugs into the OBD port me.

ALSO, if you go to the Winegard site. Winegard ConnecT RV Internet — winegard.com

They say right on there that the ConnecT2 can connect to 4G LTE. It says it is compatible with Verizon AND AT&T.

So who has told you that the COnnecT is not AT&T compatible?

PS. My guys have been calling and leaving messages for a service appointment but have not gotten a response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 9.00.29 A.png
Views:	115
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	196266  
Attached Images

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #3

I did a search and it's a RAM issue, depends on what hardware (radio) your chassis was shipped with and it's also a fee service, looks like $20 a month. I get essentially the same service through my ATT Smart phone for free as I have an unlimited service plan for a fixed price each month.

For example I can use my iPad or Laptop by simply connecting via Bluetooth to my cell phone, my cell phone is just like a WiFi Hotsot. It's the main reason I decided not to use the Winegard WiFi booster, don't really need it.
Days camped 2021 = 25
caseymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #4

Hi Casey,

Yes it's for Ram, but the problem is with your phone if you need to use it and or other devices it gets hot and bogged down. Using your phone as a hotspot will lessen it's life, feel how hot it gets.

Like state above the Airstream may be for the claas B on the Mercedes, but then it should have said Mercedes and not Airstream on the ATT site.

I will contact ATT to see what's up. Personally the MIFI Winegard should offer better reception up there high with it's antenna system. We use a lot of data on multiple devices from streaming to surveillance cameras. So I need a MIFI device like the Winegard to actually work.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

Never had phone problems but I upgrade every two years or less. I’ll see if mine gets hot when I’m watching Netflix or something next time I’m out.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-06-2019, 09:41 PM   #6

sat on the phone with ATT for over an hour, they are not interested in connecting up the Winegard ConnecT2+ to any of their mifi plans. I probably will just use the Ram wifi, they will connect that at $10 a month unlimited data. (If we keep this thing)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
sat on the phone with ATT for over an hour, they are not interested in connecting up the Winegard ConnecT2+ to any of their mifi plans. I probably will just use the Ram wifi, they will connect that at $10 a month unlimited data. (If we keep this thing)
They shouldn’t care what piece of hardware you are putting the card into. You just have to get the right sized card that will fit into the Connect2 on the roof. I think the rest is pretty easy. There is a thread on here somewhere, someone has already done it with an ATT card. Do a search for Connect2 + ATT.
Days camped 2021 = 25
Old 02-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannko View Post
Hi Casey,

Yes it's for Ram, but the problem is with your phone if you need to use it and or other devices it gets hot and bogged down. Using your phone as a hotspot will lessen it's life, feel how hot it gets.

Like state above the Airstream may be for the claas B on the Mercedes, but then it should have said Mercedes and not Airstream on the ATT site.

I will contact ATT to see what's up. Personally the MIFI Winegard should offer better reception up there high with it's antenna system. We use a lot of data on multiple devices from streaming to surveillance cameras. So I need a MIFI device like the Winegard to actually work.
Been using my phone as a Hot Spot both while RVing and at home for the past three or four years. Has been my exclusive internet connection at home since I ran out of patience with my Century DSL link six months ago. It has never been a problem. It NEVER runs hot. I would suggest keeping in attached to a charging source when using as a hot spot simply because the more you charge and discharge the phone the more battery life you use up.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Gordon View Post
Been using my phone as a Hot Spot both while RVing and at home for the past three or four years. Has been my exclusive internet connection at home since I ran out of patience with my Century DSL link six months ago. It has never been a problem. It NEVER runs hot. I would suggest keeping in attached to a charging source when using as a hot spot simply because the more you charge and discharge the phone the more battery life you use up.
Yes, I leave mine plugged in when using as a hotspot, maybe that’s why I never noticed it getting hot? Works great, especially with unlimited data plan.