Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

Atwood AC1361 and AVC1511 leaking

With have a 2018 Isata 3. Just recently we had and a/c unit leak into our cabin. It was leaking before we turned it off and when we turned it off it dropped a lot of water straight down. From what we understand there is no way to access the drain except under the foam where the condenser is. Could we possibly access from inside? Thank u. The manual does not address this issue

GlamperOne
2018 Dynamax 24FW
Grasonville, Maryland
Glamperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #2

We had same issue camping in the mountains of Arizona. It was really muggy. So muggy that the Mercedes air iced up and ceased working. We had left the windows cracked, and was told that was the issue. Need to shut all windows and vents , then turn on air. Seems to help with inside drips
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #3

Thank u so much. We will give that a try this evening. Make sure everything is closed up! Appreciate the response

GlamperOne
2018 Dynamax 24FW
Grasonville, Maryland
Old 08-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #4

If the condensation continues, read this thread. Post 47 gives you the order info for the free parts to correct the issue. I have the upgrade parts in my storage, but I have only seen this happen once in our RV and I will just hold on to them if it become a issue. A few that have installed the upgrade have not been too complimentary of the appearance.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...de-170556.html
milkman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:07 PM   #5

Thank you. Just read thru the forum link u sent me and we will clean the filter this evening also. We are heading to Colorado Springs and have an appointment at van city to have our galley faucet replaced so will have some.other this checked also and I will ask them about that upgrade to have on hand also. Saw a couple of people said it could be the filter and others raised the front for drainage. Thanks for replying much appreciated!

GlamperOne
2018 Dynamax 24FW
Grasonville, Maryland
Old 08-04-2019, 07:49 PM   #6

Just one more tip. I bought an extra Atwood filter at etrailer.com and I put that in while I clean and dry the other filter. I clean mine every few days based on how much dust is in the surroundings.

Because the fan on these Atwood fan run continually, they pick up a lot of dirt.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
If the condensation continues, read this thread. Post 47 gives you the order info for the free parts to correct the issue. I have the upgrade parts in my storage, but I have only seen this happen once in our RV and I will just hold on to them if it become a issue. A few that have installed the upgrade have not been too complimentary of the appearance.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...de-170556.html

The appearance complaints have been addressed. The replacement part is slightly smaller than the original so there was a big gap around the AC interior shroud. Yes, ugly. Here’s a picture of the nit with the now available trim ring installed. Not quite as nice an appearance as original but much better air distribution.

And...no more leaking.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #8

Sounds like you are happy with the latest version. I will get that ordered and think I will go ahead and change out the air handler. The pic looks acceptable, not sure why they could not make the first air handler part larger to fill the space.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman55 View Post
Sounds like you are happy with the latest version. I will get that ordered and think I will go ahead and change out the air handler. The pic looks acceptable, not sure why they could not make the first air handler part larger to fill the space.
Don’t know why they didn’t. I was going to get new roof trim pieces but couldn’t find an exact replacement that could be cut to fit. Still looking but not a very high priority. If I find them I’ll remove the trim ring.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:25 PM   #10

Thank You To Everyone who Replied Today!

Thank you everyone who replied today! We are cool and living well this evening in Limon, Colorado on our way to Colorado Springs. It was a hot hot day driving across Kansas and we were really worried when we pulled into our campsite off of 70W. But with all of the great information we gained on this thread today we are sitting pretty! We used levels to raise the front of the RV...Cleaned the filter which was dirty in the front two rows of squares. We started up the A/C and it was 89 degrees in our cabin! Now it is 72 and we are thrilled as there is no water coming in. A quick run outside we could see the condensation rolling off like it should be! We are in the beginning of a month trip and have had to replace 3 tires on our Mini Cooper Toad...which was fine but unexpected...and then the A/C went out. We are on our way to the dealer at Colorado Springs to replace our galley faucet that is leaking horribly when we turn it to hot water. Dynamax was great and sent us the part so we have it with us. We would try to replace it ourselves but it is such a tight area it is difficult to maneuver. WE are so grateful for this forum! We have just really begun using our RV this past year and as everyone knows you are always troubleshooting! Not a bad thing but it is so nice to be able to reach out to fellow owners who have had more experience. We were former marina owners with a lot of boats so not afraid to ask for guidance. Thanks again! Safe travels!!

GlamperOne
2018 Dynamax 24FW
Grasonville, Maryland
Old 08-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #11
Commercial Member

As others have noted, water leaking and then DUMPING in when it is off is a tell-tale sign of the Atwood/Dometic TSB campaign. There is a pressure issue when the filter is clogged and does not properly air out. It basically suspends the water. Once the AC gets turned off it dumps in, no longer suspended. The grill everyone mentions corrects that...or keeping the filter uber clean.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 01:43 PM   #12

leaking ac unit inside

Camping last week and the AC started to leak inside. The sunseeker was lever and when arrived at and set up the water was running off the roof. Later, no water running off roof only inside. Lowered jacks to get unlevel and now no leaks inside and water off roof. what i can't figure is if level why doesn't water come off roof? Anybody have answer?
SQROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The appearance complaints have been addressed. The replacement part is slightly smaller than the original so there was a big gap around the AC interior shroud. Yes, ugly. Here’s a picture of the nit with the now available trim ring installed. Not quite as nice an appearance as original but much better air distribution.

And...no more leaking.

The conversion works great! My series 4 had the same issue and problem is solved. No more drips.
2014 Explorer & 2006 Jeep Unlimited
Oldnapapartsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak