Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #21

Didn't click the link but I just clipped the signal wires for L/R on the control box that switched the video (leave R and ground connected so it still takes over in reverse). Worked great. On mine the Control box is located behind the passenger side speaker next to the TV.

Ok I'm done. Sorry for the tangent. Now return you to your regularly scheduled thread
Old 12-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
Didn't click the link but I just clipped the signal wires for L/R on the control box that switched the video (leave R and ground connected so it still takes over in reverse). Worked great. On mine the Control box is located behind the passenger side speaker next to the TV.

Ok I'm done. Sorry for the tangent. Now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

We could start a new thread but I think heat pump has gone as far as it will go.
When you say “ control box” is it just for the display or camera or what?
dlfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #23

My 2014 DX3 main tv is in a different location than the 2016
Old 12-08-2017, 09:43 PM   #24

Atwood air command isata 3

Heat pumps are noisy. Propane is quieter but consumes something you have to supply. Preferred method if off the grid. But I found a small 3 heat setting room heater is quiet and will handle temps down into low 30s without a problem. I use one of these because there are no hot spots, very quiet, does a great job of heat distribution, auto shutoff if kicked over, and the 750, 1200, 1500 heat settings keep me from tripping 30 am breakers if some other device is being used.[UR https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vornado-...1-06/205428128 L][/URL]
Beachsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:17 AM   #25

Using flattened copper tubing for hookup is fine , but remember the hook up material must be less resistance (more copper) than the shunt ,

or the results will be wrong as the hookup material is acting as a shunt.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #26

Angry

I just bought the Air Command A/C-Heat Pump and I can assure you there is a design flaw with this unit. Over on RV Net there is a discussion about this and at 50 degrees you should be able to extract heat from the air but not so with this unit.....a 30 dollar ceramic heater will produce a lot more heat for a lot less money.....
Bob Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskeans View Post
I think the side view cameras are a waste. The darn things always come on with the turn signals blanking up the navigator when I'm trying to follow the map. Then I can't use the tiny screen anyhow. Always use the side mirrors. In fact I would like to disable the side view cameras as a hazard.

I agree with you. I’m just thankful that my truck has an option to turn the side view cameras off for when I am trying to follow the map...
Old 12-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #28

We just took delivery of an Isata 3FW Thursday. When I tested the heat pump, I had the thermostat set just like the picture Jlole76 posted & it worked fine at about 50 degrees outside air temp. I didn't check it at a lower OAT.

I agree with BC, we've had 2 heat pumps in RVs and one TT with a heat strip in the A/C. The heat strip worked great & was reliable. The heat pumps, not so much.

Dave
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:28 PM   #29

Dave, do you know if the heat pump unit can be converted to heat strips? I had heat strips in my Country Coach and they worked great on cold mornings. How's things so far with the new FW? Have you had any news about the levelers yet?
Magnatudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #30

I’d be interested in a heat strip conversion on my 2018 FW if you come up with one Brian.
ddemoret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Dave, do you know if the heat pump unit can be converted to heat strips?
No I sure don't, but the heat pump was working fine at 45 degrees OAT a couple of hrs ago.
caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
Using flattened copper tubing for hookup is fine , but remember the hook up material must be less resistance (more copper) than the shunt ,

or the results will be wrong as the hookup material is acting as a shunt.

What is this about?
Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatudes View Post
Dave, do you know if the heat pump unit can be converted to heat strips? I had heat strips in my Country Coach and they worked great on cold mornings. How's things so far with the new FW? Have you had any news about the levelers yet?

I originally posted the question in response to a comment by BC.
It was a rhetorical question as I doubt if the heat strips could be fit in the existing housing and the logic board would have to be replaced or reprogrammed.
It was just wishful thinking.
I’m very happy with the cooling portion of these A/C units and will continue to use the portable ceramic heaters
Old 12-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfishing View Post
I originally posted the question in response to a comment by BC.
It was a rhetorical question as I doubt if the heat strips could be fit in the existing housing and the logic board would have to be replaced or reprogrammed.
It was just wishful thinking.
I’m very happy with the cooling portion of these A/C units and will continue to use the portable ceramic heaters

Wishful thinking indeed, after all this I am still using the ceramic space heaters and avoiding using the propane heat to prolong refilling. It has been below 45 outside so the heat pump is no good. Would be nice to retro heat strips into the unit but I haven’t found anything that says we can with this model.
Jlole76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:03 AM   #35
Commercial Member

I have not found a heat strip for the Air Command.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote