Old 06-29-2020, 11:47 AM   #1

Unhappy Awning color

Hey if anyone has a 2020 Isata 3 in Granite, Magnetic or Admiral Blue with a beige/tan awning, I'll trade you! I love my new 3, but every time I put out my awning I get mad that I have the wrong color. Who else hates their color awning?
Brian, can't they put a beige awning on a beige/gold Isata 3? Everytime I put out my awning, it ticks me off that a very expensive RV can't match the awning. Maybe there is a reason for this, if there is, I'd like to hear it.

petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:04 PM   #2

Are both sides of the canvas the same color?

Old 06-30-2020, 07:57 AM   #3
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrx View Post
Hey if anyone has a 2020 Isata 3 in Granite, Magnetic or Admiral Blue with a beige/tan awning, I'll trade you! I love my new 3, but every time I put out my awning I get mad that I have the wrong color. Who else hates their color awning?
Brian, can't they put a beige awning on a beige/gold Isata 3? Everytime I put out my awning, it ticks me off that a very expensive RV can't match the awning. Maybe there is a reason for this, if there is, I'd like to hear it.
We don't color match the awnings at all....that would be way too complicated.

We use gray/black as I recall on everything. Because gray/black matches everything. The metal trim is black, windows are black, A/C shrouds are black.

We buy the awnings in bulk and we never know what exterior colors people are going to choose, and in many cases if a dealer has a coach in process and wants to change the color for a retail customer, we allow that as long as it is not too late.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #4

Iíve had my Isata3RW for 3 years now and I had to go out and look to see what color the awning is. I use it a lot, just never paid any attention to the color.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
Motorized GM

We did use to color match the awnings on some of our older product...and when we were building 3 a week. That product also retailed for around $400k.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #6

My Riverstone Legacy came with the standard tan/brown awning which didn't match a thing on my burgundy/cream/black RV. Austin at Riverstone Warranty good willed a black gradient awning(s). I just paid for the labor. Great RV and same with their service. Love my FR RV.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 07:24 AM   #7
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
My Riverstone Legacy came with the standard tan/brown awning which didn't match a thing on my burgundy/cream/black RV. Austin at Riverstone Warranty good willed a black gradient awning(s). I just paid for the labor. Great RV and same with their service. Love my FR RV.
Rusty
That's what we use on everything, a black gradient awning. Because there is black trim on everything.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #8

Sorry I asked, I just thought that a $150,000 MH with an awesome paint job should have a matching awning, especially since it comes in two colors. Yeh when it's rolled up, the color looks fine. I was kinda making a joke about swapping with someone that had a beige one, but now I know there are no beige ones. I would have paid extra to get a matching one, just say'in. Brian, maybe you should have a list of stuff that can be upgraded or added at the factory, like the extra coax for satellite, awning color or what ever else you can change. I would have upgraded both. After all that is said, I just want everyone to know that I do love the unit I bought, just somethings get in my craw...
petrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #9
Motorized GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrx View Post
Sorry I asked, I just thought that a $150,000 MH with an awesome paint job should have a matching awning, especially since it comes in two colors. Yeh when it's rolled up, the color looks fine. I was kinda making a joke about swapping with someone that had a beige one, but now I know there are no beige ones. I would have paid extra to get a matching one, just say'in. Brian, maybe you should have a list of stuff that can be upgraded or added at the factory, like the extra coax for satellite, awning color or what ever else you can change. I would have upgraded both. After all that is said, I just want everyone to know that I do love the unit I bought, just somethings get in my craw...
The issue is, we don't really want a bunch of options or upgrades, unless we think they make sense across the board, otherwise we end up becoming a custom builder and that's just not all that efficient.

So, sometimes, we will get special requests and if someone feels really strongly about something and we can do it fairly easily we will, sometimes we want to test it out as well and they become the test vehicle...but that list could be endless. So we try to keep it simple.

Things like the coax, we add anyway as as standard feature if it makes sense....but even then, 6 people could have 6 different views on how it should be done and where it should be done. Those are things you can then fine tune on your own.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #10

I suppose itís worth mentioning that there is another option; buy a new canopy from Carefree. I know itís not the option you want to hear given that you just bought a new RV, but it still remains an option.

We recently replaced the canopy on our Isata 5 and I was pretty pleased with how fast Carefree got it to our doorstep and how easy it was to replace. Carefreeís installation instructions were pretty straight forward and even given the overall size of the canopy, my wife and I were still able to do it by ourselves.

Cost seemed semi-reasonable. We upgraded to woven acrylic fabric (Vinyl is standard and what our Dynamax rigs come with) and on our 10í long awning, it was right around $550 shipped to my door. I didnít price the original vinyl material out, but they told me that I was spending an extra $100 to get the upgraded material. That tells me that the new canopy in the original vinyl SHOULD be sub-$500 to your door. Plus, you could pick whatever color and pattern you want at that point.

Just a thought.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
We did use to color match the awnings on some of our older product...and when we were building 3 a week. That product also retailed for around $400k.
Mine is probably from that era although it was a far cry from $400k when new. The outside of it is golden matching the gold on the coach. The underside is white.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #12

Just go to the awning manufacturer and get new fabric in the color you like. Mine came in black, and I hate it. I’m thinking of buying the sand color fabric soon.

Tags
awning