Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2019, 04:43 PM   #21

Would the TV over the Fireplace be on an articulated mount so you don’t have to look sideways to view it? Very intriguing floor plan. Is a full wall slide possible on the galley/bunk side so you get the room you have in the living room of a 3801TS? I am sure there are all kinds of issues with full wall slides, but I see a lot of them in Class A’s these days.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #22

Bath and a Half Bunk House on Dynaquest XL

Also, how about some USB ports where they can be used, like in the armrests of the sofa and above the level of the dinette table for people who work out of the unit? You wouldn’t have to crawl under the table to plug in. The USB port on the 3801TS that is under the kitchen sink is a waste. Sure would be nice if it was on the other side of the cabinet above the fireplace countertop.
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
OK, well, we modified an existing floor plan. This one measures out to 42'-5".

I may have to go back to the drawing board...this ends up with (2) black and (2) gray tanks. Just no way to route the plumbing. That would also mean, (2) macerators.

Anyway...food for thought.
Any thoughts on a floor plan like the 37TS in the 42.5 tandem axle?
Nomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #24

I keep coming back to look at this floor plan.

Is that a second 90 gallon fresh tank in one of the storage bays? If so, that's awesome. Again, if so, how would that be plumbed - kitchen and half bath off of one and rear bath and washer off the other...or could it be setup so both are shared/accessible from anywhere in the coach?

Someone mentioned the TV over the fireplace. I agree, that's an odd location and wouldn't present an ideal viewing angle from the sofa or dinette. Personally, I think using the swingout TV from the bunk area would suffice. Additionally, I know a lot of folks want the fireplace, but, if you rotated the half bath toilet 90 degrees and relocated it to the bedroom wall similar to the setup in the current BH model (and I guess you'd need to add drawers to the left side of the lav), you could move the 'fireplace' wall back several inches. I'm wondering if that additional space would allow room from a large closet/pantry/or even a better location for the stacked washer/dryer?
Old 07-03-2019, 02:37 PM   #25
Always Learning

Quote:
We typically avoid those in general, unless you have a wall behind you. In a head-on collision, they give you a false sense of doing anything. 7 seatbelts available.

Most people are not traveling with that many really...its all about not having to make the dinette and sofa into a bed. I agree with that. Kids can sleep in, we can start breakfast without kicking anyone out.
I'm more thinking of rear facing car seats. You don't necessarily need the wall there as the seat should be properly anchored.

What about installing car seat LATCH systems in a rear facing spot or two? Even front-facing as the kids get older but still need to be in car/booster seats.

My son is 7. His booster seat clicks into the LATCH system in the truck, but he uses the seat belt like normal.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:26 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Here is another version of the floor plan. This we can make work with a single set of black and gray tanks...loosely based on the RB floor plan.

Keeps it at 41' instead of 42'-5"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.5 Bath Bunk Model.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	209938  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #27

Looks good. What’s the anticipated production date?
Motorhome1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #28
Señor Miembro

If space was unlimited, the extra bath would be very appealing. However, here on the left North coast at least, long RV slots are harder to come by and so going over 40’ long makes it much harder to find a spot at times. I’d forgo the extra bath to be able to park it places. Now the Columbia chassis, I’d be willing to pay a big premium for. But would like a peterbuilt even more..
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:55 PM   #29

I thought the idea of keeping around 40-41 feet was so we could go anywhere. I think once you get to the Cascadia chassis you are in a different level both for price and maintenance. I think either of the floor plans work for me. Only objection is doubling the black and gray tanks. If that drives us to the second floor plan then so be. I still believe Dynamax can overcome this issue. Every floor plan is a comprise and I think both are these floor plans are formats that match a lot of the 40ft A classes.
This is a great opportunity for Dynamax to be the first to step into gap in the C class market. My deposit is ready when you give me the word Brian
Old 07-21-2019, 08:56 AM   #30

I like the second, shorter option as well. Any chance you could offset the rear bath door to the other side so the master bed could be flipped to the opposite slide out...just for a little more, uh, privacy?

The DD13 was brought up earlier. Any chance at all that this XL could be optioned with it, or is that totally off the table?
Old 07-22-2019, 09:03 AM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhome1 View Post
I thought the idea of keeping around 40-41 feet was so we could go anywhere. I think once you get to the Cascadia chassis you are in a different level both for price and maintenance. I think either of the floor plans work for me. Only objection is doubling the black and gray tanks. If that drives us to the second floor plan then so be. I still believe Dynamax can overcome this issue. Every floor plan is a comprise and I think both are these floor plans are formats that match a lot of the 40ft A classes.
This is a great opportunity for Dynamax to be the first to step into gap in the C class market. My deposit is ready when you give me the word Brian
You are correct. Cascadia is out of the conversation for now. It makes no sense to keep discussing it, when they still don't build it with the right axle rating. That is coming, but we will discuss it after that happens.

I agree...I like that we get the fireplace in the first one, but the double set of tanks was a NO for me. If they can figure out how to plumb that, then maybe there is still a chance. Although, I'd rather NOT be any bigger than an RB if I can avoid it.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #32
Commercial Member

OK, so I was curious why the 2nd floor plan could be plumbed with only one set of tanks but the first was 2. I was simply the plumbing for the kitchen sink. There was not enough depth in the wardrobe to HIDE the plumbing, however with the bed in place there was. If you make the wardrobe deeper to hide the plumbing, the bed has to get shorter (in theory).

But, I think we can put the first floor plan back into discussion. We can either make just the "lower section" of the wardrobe slide stick out (think carpet wrapped box) and still have a recess where the drawers are to accommodate the bed.

OR we can do the beds that raise up. This would gain 14" of bed depth. That would require you to bring the beds UP, to get the slide all the way in, but has the added benefit of user adjustable bed incline. Either way...floor plan one has fewer trade offs

Old 07-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #33

Quote:
You are correct. Cascadia is out of the conversation for now. It makes no sense to keep discussing it, when they still don't build it with the right axle rating.
Just for the record, my DD13 question was in reference to the M2-112 chassis. I’m not beating the dead Cascadia horse here any longer and am trying to figure out if I should stop beating the DD13 one as well.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #34

Quote:
OK, so I was curious why the 2nd floor plan could be plumbed with only one set of tanks but the first was 2. I was simply the plumbing for the kitchen sink. There was not enough depth in the wardrobe to HIDE the plumbing, however with the bed in place there was. If you make the wardrobe deeper to hide the plumbing, the bed has to get shorter (in theory).

But, I think we can put the first floor plan back into discussion. We can either make just the "lower section" of the wardrobe slide stick out (think carpet wrapped box) and still have a recess where the drawers are to accommodate the bed.

OR we can do the beds that raise up. This would gain 14" of bed depth. That would require you to bring the beds UP, to get the slide all the way in, but has the added benefit of user adjustable bed incline. Either way...floor plan one has fewer trade offs
Great news. Floor plan one was my favorite. I knew your team would come up with an answer to make it work. Looking forward to seeing this move forward.
Thanks Brian
Old 07-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookieblaylock View Post
Just for the record, my DD13 question was in reference to the M2-112 chassis. I’m not beating the dead Cascadia horse here any longer and am trying to figure out if I should stop beating the DD13 one as well.
Also for the record, I knew that. I think the DD13 is a valid question as I brought up the Detroit engines prior.

The big thing there is that I need to look at costs. I believe with the DD13 you also have to go with the Allison 4000. I think that combo adds about another $20k to the price...or that number sticks in my head.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Also for the record, I knew that. I think the DD13 is a valid question as I brought up the Detroit engines prior.

The big thing there is that I need to look at costs. I believe with the DD13 you also have to go with the Allison 4000. I think that combo adds about another $20k to the price...or that number sticks in my head.

I don't know the price details, but I'm certain the upgrade to the Allison 4000 is a requirement. I wouldn't be surprised if it required different axles as well (at least a heavier front axle). Maybe the $20k includes all of that? Seems worth it to me especially knowing the rig is going to be longer/heavier than previous models.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #37

Just bumping this one to the top to see if there were any new developments now that the new Isata 5 is complete.

With this getting into the 42' - 43' range, is there any chance for a third AC...possibly with the middle one tied to it's own inverter as was discussed in another thread?

My assumption is that this is likely not feasible due to the requirement for a larger generator, so, what about some extreme/4 seasons upgraded insulation options? It can be difficult to cool our DX3 down here in the summer when there's zero shade at the camp site...the AC's can have trouble keeping up.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #38
Commercial Member

No, we're just waiting on some electrical stuff to get wrapped up.
1. We are looking at a new entry door
2. We have already converted all of the foam over to a higher rated, higher density better R-value foam. We did that because it makes for a better, truer, straighter sidewall.
3. Reducing glazing would help...but most people want just the opposite. We could look at white AC covers...though most people like black with the painted units...it has been something I have been thinking about.

We've upgraded a lot of materials since 2018. Also, you can opt for lighter paint. What color do you have now?

Old 10-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #39

Quote:
What color do you have now?
Lol...black! We’ll custom order the next one, and it will hopefully be a solid gray similar to the magnetic. Maybe we should do the solid white scheme instead.

The upgraded insulation etc sounds good. One thing I forgot to mention was that we have to close off the vents in the cab over to get it cooled off in the living area...lots of heat up there

We’re excited to see this one make it to production.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #40

AC units keeping up.

We too camp in the sun more often than not. So I place two 9" fans one in the living space and the other in the bedroom this moves more the air around and it helps to keep us much cooler.
Nomads is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, bunk house