Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2019, 09:59 AM   #1

Battery replacement/electrical troubleshoot (mobile) Walnut Creek/East Bay California?

Does anybody know a good mobile battery replacement and/or electrical troubleshooting person in Walnut Creek/East Bay California.

If not mobile, any other suggestions?

Trying to get some help today

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #2

I don't really know anyone but maybe if you explain what you are trying to do we could walk you through it . Costco has deep cycles RV batteries which aren't hard to replace . I do know there is mobile RV guys but getting them there right away might be difficult.

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:02 AM   #3

Thank you! Waiting for Costco and Sam's to open to see if they stock 8A4D/T975 AGM.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Rick View Post
I don't really know anyone but maybe if you explain what you are trying to do we could walk you through it . Costco has deep cycles RV batteries which aren't hard to replace . I do know there is mobile RV guys but getting them there right away might be difficult.
The only true deep cycle batteries that Costco has, are 6v and 8v golf cart batteries.
Their Intetstate 12v RV batteries are dual-purpose marine batteries, which are not true deep cycle batteries. They have a CCA rating for starting motors.
Never seen AGM batteries at any of my Costcos. If they have them, then that would be a true 12v deep cycle battery.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Never seen AGM batteries at any of my Costcos. If they have them, then that would be a true 12v deep cycle battery.
The VAST majority of AGM's sold are also dual purpose models. Only Golf Cart AGM's...are virtually guaranteed to be true deep cycles regardless of brand unless you are going to premium AGM's like Trojan and Lifeline.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by content View Post
Thank you! Waiting for Costco and Sam's to open to see if they stock 8A4D/T975 AGM.
I'm afraid you won't find anything like those at any of the big box stores. You have 4D size batteries which generally weigh over 130lbs each and provide roughly 200 amp hours at 12Volts EACH...so you have about a 400 amp hour bank of batteries. And about a $1000 price tag to buy again. Marine Stores and Truck Stops would be the most common places to fine this size battery.
But the first thing to do is to make sure they are toast. To do this you need to either take them to an automotive store (like trac auto, autozone) for load testing... or get someone handy with a multimeter to come to your coach and inspect the battery condition AND the charging system/converter system operation. If you have your own multimeter and can use it we can give you some things to check.
Good luck.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:39 PM   #7

Give West Marine a call. Stores in Antioch and Alameda and Richmond.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #8

rv tech

looking for a good RV tech Timmons truck and RV repair Pleasant Hill CA and Randys mobile Rv repair concord Ca over by Costco .
Dan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #9

Thank you for replies. Handy son-in-law checked with multimeter and we think batteries are ok. So will explore other solutions as discussed in separate post.

Tags
battery, california, electric, electrical, replacement