Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #1

Battery Time

The time has come... need to change house batteries. I'm going to run with the two battery set up on my 2015 DX3 for now. Not sure I want to go back to these, but might. The price has definitely went up on these. Anyone with a good source? Or a better alternative. Just want a plug and play.
ThxClick image for larger version

Name:	20200514_210112.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	229096
Old 05-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Duracell had Dekka private label that same battery and sell it at Costco or sams...less expensive.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Duracell had Dekka private label that same battery and sell it at Costco or sams...less expensive.
Thanks Brian.. I'll check that out..
Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #4

Hi Slim,

I Tried to PM you but you PM box is full.

If you are willing to pay for the shipping I can send you the two Intimidators that I pulled out of my brand new coach earlier this year. They should be brand new as the Isata 5 came from the factory to my dealer and then to my house when I pulled them for the lithium upgrade. They were never used in any camp capacity so whatever was put on them during the trip to NJ should be the extent of their use. I was going to take them over to the recycling center but I have been having trouble with discarding essentially brand new batteries. Let me know and I will look into the shipping costs.

I have no idea what shipping will cost yet but they are heavy - 80 lbs. each, I think.

I offer no guarantees but I will test them and throw them on charger to check them out, if you are interested.

Be well. Stay safe.

2020 Isata 5 30FW 4x4
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
TrailWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:42 AM   #5

Camping world had a damn good price on the 6v golf cart batteries I switched to. May be worth a look on the big AGMs. I bought mine from a local battery supplier.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #6

Usually if you watch water levels, 6 volt golf cart batteries are the best bang for the buck.

A battery monitor is a good idea as well.

There are only a few battery manufacturers. They put anyone’s name on the battery!

Costco sells Interstate gc2 batteries for under $100 each. They are tall! Measure.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #7

I have looked but never seen these at the Costco where I live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #8

Just finished changing out my chassis led acid with FullThrottle AGMs and house Intimidators with Lifeline 4Ds. Increased from two to three to increase the amp hours. Was a little proxy but worth the peace of mind knowing we have the added amp hours. Here is a link to the project.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...de-205428.html
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailWayz View Post
Hi Slim,

I Tried to PM you but you PM box is full.

If you are willing to pay for the shipping I can send you the two Intimidators that I pulled out of my brand new coach earlier this year. They should be brand new as the Isata 5 came from the factory to my dealer and then to my house when I pulled them for the lithium upgrade. They were never used in any camp capacity so whatever was put on them during the trip to NJ should be the extent of their use. I was going to take them over to the recycling center but I have been having trouble with discarding essentially brand new batteries. Let me know and I will look into the shipping costs.

I have no idea what shipping will cost yet but they are heavy - 80 lbs. each, I think.

I offer no guarantees but I will test them and throw them on charger to check them out, if you are interested.

Be well. Stay safe.
Cleaned mail box out.. sent you a pm.. not sure if it went through.. yes interested. Costco dont sell them here. Batteries Plus does. I do get a business discount which is goog.
Slim
Old 05-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #10

COSTCO claims they don’t have them or anything similar. Same for Batteries Plus in my area.

Sam’s Club has them but not always in stock. Probably best to order on line and then pick up. That is what I am planning to do. $180 each.

I procrastinated too long and then the virus interfered with travel. I hoped to combine a trip to the Delaware beaches with a stop to Sam’s Club in Dover but currently only Delaware residents are allowed on the beaches.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:02 PM   #11

I replaced mine with Interstate Battery’s from the local Interstate store.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
I replaced mine with Interstate Battery’s from the local Interstate store.
I originally went to my nearby Interstate dealer. I bought group 27’s from them for my original Sunseeker at a decent price. However they couldn’t get the group 31 size.

Then I visited the very nice Interstate store in Delaware. Their price was $355 per battery while Sam’s is $180. The Interstate store always have the batteries in stock and they will install them for me. But hefty difference in price. I got the feeling I might be able to buy them for less at the Interstate store but need to visit again. Not sure if they are currently open for retail at this time.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #13

I bought 2 Duracell AGM 31Ds yesterday at $225.00 each plus tax from battery Plus. American Battery wanted 375.00 ea. plus tax. Costco no go, Sam's, no go here in Nashville. Anyway... works like a charm. I'm thinking about running a third 31D for the extra amp hours. There's plenty of room to do that, however I am concerned if the charger will handle the extra battery? Anyone add a third 31D with the same on board charger built into the converter?

Slim
Old 05-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #14

If you are looking for plug-n-play and like-for-like, the "Intimidator" batteries you have (which most of us have from the factory) are made by East Penn. East Penn also makes the same batteries with a "Duracell" label on them and they are sold through Sam's Club (not Costco). I bought from Sam's about 1.5-ish years ago and they were about 30% cheaper than my local East Penn (Intimidator) dealer. Plus, I got the added bonus of being able to warranty them at any Sam's Club location in the USA. Not sure that matters too much, but it's something.

Often times, the price in the store is better than the price on-line, but here's a way to see if you store has stock on them...

https://www.samsclub.com/s/duracell%20marine%20agm
Old 05-17-2020, 09:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF1945 View Post
I bought 2 Duracell AGM 31Ds yesterday at $225.00 each plus tax from battery Plus. American Battery wanted 375.00 ea. plus tax. Costco no go, Sam's, no go here in Nashville. Anyway... works like a charm. I'm thinking about running a third 31D for the extra amp hours. There's plenty of room to do that, however I am concerned if the charger will handle the extra battery? Anyone add a third 31D with the same on board charger built into the converter?

Slim
Sorry, went right by your post here. didn't realize you had bought them already.

....and while I don't know what charger your rig has in it, I can't imagine that it would have a hard time with a 3rd battery. In our Isata 5, I went from 2x 100amp/hr batteries to 3x 130amp/hr batteries with no other chnages and it's been fine for quite a while like that. The early production (2017) Isata 5s had 4x batteries in them from the factory
Old 05-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Usually if you watch water levels, 6 volt golf cart batteries are the best bang for the buck.

A battery monitor is a good idea as well.

There are only a few battery manufacturers. They put anyone’s name on the battery!

Costco sells Interstate gc2 batteries for under $100 each. They are tall! Measure.

And since Interstate doesn't manufacture batteries they're probably Exide's, Johnson Controls, or ??????

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery