Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #1

bclemens DMR 702 Refrigerator 2015 REVrb

bclemens

VIN 3C7WRVLG3EE116378

I have had it with the DMR 702 Refrigerator in our 2015 REV rb. I have replaced the main control board. Also the thermister with the settable one. Broken door handles over and over. It takes three days of pre cool down. This weekend the refrigerator was in the mid 40's and it was in the 70's outside.

It has never worked like all of the ones in my last 4 RV's going back to my 1974 Open Road motor home. If I hadn't been dealing with the "exploding to steam' hot water heater back and forth to the dealer until it was recalled, and the constant replacement to the poor placement of the drain that got broken off over and over. Not to forget the upholstery that delaminated and had to be replaced on the couch and chairs. I would have had the refrigerator replaced also.

So Brian Clemens any ideas?

I would like it to be already at the dealer so I don't have to leave the RV there while they wait for it to come in.

Giant Recreation World - Winter Garden
13906 W Colonial Dr, Winter Garden, FL 34787

Same size 7 CF gas / electric. The 12 volt compressor sounds interesting, but I don't have solar and just 2 AGM batteries.

Thanks Tom Drake 2015 REVrb
Orlando FL
Tom-n-Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Unfortunately not. I have had very good luck with these refrigerators. We have put in thousands since I have been here and I can count on one hand any that had to be replaced.

DM2672RBF4 This is the one we install in the Isata 3 today. No issues that I am aware of.

Not sure if yours is "wall vented" or "roof vented", but I know that sometimes the baffles can get dislodged and that can have a negative effect on cooling capability.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 04:51 PM   #3

It's wall vented. I also installed two computer fans at the top that are controlled by a thermostat. They come on and go off all day and night. I also tried a battery fan inside on the top shelf blowing across the fins.

When I do a search on Google the one you listed it gives me this result.
Your search - DM2672RBF4 - did not match any documents.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:01 PM   #4

We had issues with ours as well, though not the same as yours, which sounds like poor performance.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ue-222592.html

After personally replacing nearly every replaceable part in the unit, talking to Dometic and getting a ton of schematics and researching the heck out of this, the solution was replacing the eyebrow board.

Do you have any errors showing up, or just poor performance?

On propane or gas, or either?
sdbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-n-Dale View Post
It's wall vented. I also installed two computer fans at the top that are controlled by a thermostat. They come on and go off all day and night. I also tried a battery fan inside on the top shelf blowing across the fins.

When I do a search on Google the one you listed it gives me this result.
Your search - DM2672RBF4 - did not match any documents.
Sometimes they use extra characters for certain things like hinge...also if you put Dometic in front it pulls up much more.

"dometic DM2672RB"

https://www.google.com/search?q=dome...4dUDCA8&uact=5

Old 11-02-2021, 07:53 AM   #6

I haven't replaced the eyebrow board. It isn't blinking, but it could still be bad I suppose. Poor performance is the main problem with ours. I did a search on the forum DMR 702 and found old post from me about unsafe temperatures in the unit from the begining 5 years ago. First long trip from Orlando to Ohio it wouldn't stay lit. When we got back I took the panels off around the burner and found that it had been bent when it was installed by Dynamax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbruin View Post
We had issues with ours as well, though not the same as yours, which sounds like poor performance.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ue-222592.html

After personally replacing nearly every replaceable part in the unit, talking to Dometic and getting a ton of schematics and researching the heck out of this, the solution was replacing the eyebrow board.

Do you have any errors showing up, or just poor performance?

On propane or gas, or either?
Old 11-04-2021, 09:13 AM   #7

Trying something else

I decided to move the "Snip the Tip" thermistor to a different part of the refrigerator wall. I turned it on electric and left it over night. Next day it was room temperature. It never turned the heater on. So I decided to solder back in the old thermistor that I had "snipped the tip on" and put it in it's normal location. Turned back on to electric. This morning the freezer was 0 degrees and the refrigerator was in the safe range. Go figure. We'll see how it goes.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-n-Dale View Post
I decided to move the "Snip the Tip" thermistor to a different part of the refrigerator wall. I turned it on electric and left it over night. Next day it was room temperature. It never turned the heater on. So I decided to solder back in the old thermistor that I had "snipped the tip on" and put it in it's normal location. Turned back on to electric. This morning the freezer was 0 degrees and the refrigerator was in the safe range. Go figure. We'll see how it goes.
So, correct me if I am wrong...you had an aftermarket thermistor and once you removed that and put back in the OEM thermistor it worked?

Old 11-04-2021, 03:06 PM   #9

It seems to be working. I have started it twice and it seems to be working. I only added the Snip the Tip thermistor because it wasn't working. This was probably 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:10 PM   #10

Bclemens. The DMR702 manual states the thermistor isn't replaceable. You have to replace the refrigerator. Is this true or is there an aftermarket thermistor? Our frig works fine at 70 degrees but has a hard time staying below 40 when it is about 40 outside.
Jokaamda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:29 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokaamda View Post
Bclemens. The DMR702 manual states the thermistor isn't replaceable. You have to replace the refrigerator. Is this true or is there an aftermarket thermistor? Our frig works fine at 70 degrees but has a hard time staying below 40 when it is about 40 outside.
No idea. When you say "Themistor" you mean the one inside the fridge? I think many people have replaced that and the OP talks about replacing it with a settable one.

Old 12-04-2021, 08:56 PM   #12

Correct, the one inside. I figured if he had to cut wires and add on to his then it most likely isnt replaceable. Just trying to think of what my options would be if it ever fails.
Jokaamda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
No idea. When you say "Themistor" you mean the one inside the fridge? I think many people have replaced that and the OP talks about replacing it with a settable one.
I really don't think you can set a thermistor. A thermistor is a temperature sensitive resistor. You set a thermostat which may use a thermistor to sense the temperature.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:49 PM   #14
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CRE View Post
I really don't think you can set a thermistor. A thermistor is a temperature sensitive resistor. You set a thermostat which may use a thermistor to sense the temperature.
He's talking about replacing the thermistor with one of those 'snip the tip' kits, which supposedly allow you to set temp with a dial thermostat, rather than monkey around sliding the thermistor all over the place trying to make it work. I'm always monkeying with mine trying to get proper temps, I'm thinking of getting the snip the tip.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
He's talking about replacing the thermistor with one of those 'snip the tip' kits, which supposedly allow you to set temp with a dial thermostat, rather than monkey around sliding the thermistor all over the place trying to make it work. I'm always monkeying with mine trying to get proper temps, I'm thinking of getting the snip the tip.

It was "Snip the Tip". I saved the original one I cut off and just reattached it to the wires I cut. The Snip the Tip as it turns out didn't work. The entire thermistor can be replaced. It plugs into the control board and threads its way up and into a hole into the inside of the refrigerator. But it's expensive.

Tom D
2015 REV rb
Old 12-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #16
Trailer Park Supervisor

I wonder if you had a bad snip the tip thermostat or connection, or if the whole thing is somehow incompatible. Because I was seriously considering buying and installing one, rather than monkeying with sliding fin thing all the time. Could it have been a polarity issue? I'm not real familiar with them.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:39 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I wonder if you had a bad snip the tip thermostat or connection, or if the whole thing is somehow incompatible. Because I was seriously considering buying and installing one, rather than monkeying with sliding fin thing all the time. Could it have been a polarity issue? I'm not real familiar with them.
I replaced the control board and did the snip the tip install. Polarity isn't an issue. It ran this way for a year or more and I had to always turn it to the coldest setting. Since I put it back to factory, it seems to be working. I would have to turn the refrigerator on two days before using it so it would get cold.

I still have the regular setting set at the lowest setting. The refrigerator temp is just acceptable not great. It never gets too cold.

Tags
refrigerator