Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Who knows..maybe it was a "CYA" because they wired them that way not knowing??? I'm going to have to test one or two.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:14 AM   #22

Somewhat related to this topic, but I not sure it warrants a thread:

Is there anyway to wire the atwood fan separately from the compressor? Would love to run the fan of batteries but I know the compressor is a no-no
Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 AM   #23

First question is good one....need auto for furnace?
fred555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #24
Commercial Member

For the furnace, some people think so. They say it helps distribute the air better so fewer hot/cold spots.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:09 AM   #25

Our furnace will not come on at all. Nothing. Any suggestions?
DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #26
Commercial Member

The heat will not come on or nothing comes on, no fan or anything?

Old 09-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #27

Nada. See post by ACTFEL re furnace. That's us. Here's my husbands post

As it is getting cooler and we are heading to Maine wanted to verify that the heat was working in our 17/Isata 5. Put the AC units in heat pump mode both front and rear worked fine. Tried to get the furnace to turn on but nothing happens when I hit the furnace button. Switch settings on the controller are set to: Heat, Fan Auto, Furnace on. There is no response, no circulating fans running.

Tried with both front and rear controls.

Am I missing something? The LP is on both stove and HW heater work.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #28

Where is the fuse panel on the Isata 5 DS? And is there a propane shut off valve for the furnace somewhere? This info is not in our info box, and I cannot access the owners manual online for some reason. Grrr
Old 09-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #29
Commercial Member

I think that panel is located below the oven, behind a door? Should be a brown panel with all the fuses show. Its a multiplex system, so it should actually tell you if a fuse is blown on the digital display.

There or bed base, bedroom cabinet.

Old 09-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #30

Great. Thanks again Brian. How about the furnace? Any ideas? Should we call the dealer?
Old 09-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #31
Commercial Member

David, I have a file for the furnace in the Isata 5 that could help with troubleshooting. Sent me a DM and I can email it to you. If that doesn't work, a quick call to your dealer may not be a bad idea either.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
zgipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #32

HI, and thanks. We figured out it wasn't the furnace itself, but a mislabeled fuse. Apparently, "Rooftop AC" means "furnace" in some other language! Lol. Our heat is working and all is well. Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #33
Commercial Member

That odd, but better than the alternative! Glad to know it is working now and enjoy the heat!
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #34

Is the furnace file the owners manual that came in the file box? If it's different, we'd like to have it for future reference!
Old 09-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Yes, it should be. I have digital copies of the hard files that come with the coach.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:19 AM   #36

Do you by chance have a copy of the rv coach wiring system?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #37
Commercial Member

That, I do not have. I know we have many different diagrams so depending on what you are looking to do will help me try to track down the one you might need.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #38

My husband is interested in any you can find, so he can add to our box of manuals. Trying to beef it up a little! Thanks.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Sure thing, I'll see what we can find for you.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:45 AM   #40

Anyone having any issues with the light switches? The set of two switches on the bedroom wall right by the door (bedroom lights and Generator start/stop) are white, they never turn blue like the others and they are not working. Anything I can check to get these switches working?
Go Gators
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo