Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #1

Bendix AD-IS info

Hi, anyone have issues with their air ride system purging every 2 minutes, replaced solenoid on air bag manifold stopping that leak but system still discharges every 2 minutes driving down the road.
Aggie1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #2

more detailed information would help us to help you. You might be hearing a safty relief valve, it is possible that the air compressor is always running ( its not supposed to ) and the safety relief valve is doing what it is designed to do... This is a wild guess without more info.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #3

Air system purging

We have a 2006 Dynamax Dynaquest that is on a Freightliner M2 106 chassis, there is an air gauge on the dash that builds to about 125# while driving & discharges to about 100# every 2 minutes. Does that help info wise?
Old 12-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #4

I also have a 2006 Dynaquest on the M2 chassis. You mentioned replacing the solenoid. Where was it located exactly. My air compressor comes on at about 100 psi and goes up to 125 too. Depending on the road conditions, the time between cycles varies.The smoother the road the longer between cycles. If you are sitting level, parked and engine idling, how long between cycles? Also, when you park and shot off engine, how long does it take for you air pressure gauge to drain?
Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #5

Well, our purging is very constant with the timing, road condition don't seem to have an affect, every 2 minutes. The solenoid was on the Freightliner Airliner manifold between the air bags, that stopped the purging when we stopped the RV. As far as the other 2 questions I will have to time those & our weather is going to get bad tomorrow night but I will try & test tomorrow before it does & will get back to you. Thanks for your interest. Ron
Old 12-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #6

Started the unit after a week of setting, pressure at about 70psi, took about 6 minutes to purge at 125psi, went down to 100psi after about 3 & half minutes. The longer it sat and idled the longer between purges but not longer than 4 minutes. Took about 8 minutes to go back down to 70 psi.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #7

It sounds like you are running similar to what mine does. The AMU (air management unit ) has a pressure regulator that keeps the air at 60-70 psi. Your coach sat for a week and still had pressure in the tank, so that tells me that the compressor to tank system is leak free. There are many things that use air pressure. I don't know what model coach you have, but here is a list of a few common things that use air pressure. Suspension, air ride seats, engine fan clutch, air horn, brakes. It is normal to have a little leakage in all o those systems A LITTLE. I think mine goes longer between cycles while idling than 4 minutes. How much longer....I dont know. I need to go and crank it up, and run the generator ( I do this when it sits for 3-4 weeks without use ) I will time it and let you know. I would like to see a pic of your coach! Here is one of ours, loaded up and ready.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180713_150749 (1).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	192820  
Old 12-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #8

Thanks, ours is the 320 also but the brown paint scheme. Will try & get a picture posted. We love ours.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie1951 View Post
Thanks, ours is the 320 also but the brown paint scheme. Will try & get a picture posted. We love ours.
Well, 5 and a half minutes between air compressor cycles.That of course was at idle sitting parked. I would have thought it would have been longer but I guess not. After 3-4weeks parked under its carport at home the gauge was still at 40 psi. I didn't get a chance to time it after I shut the engine off to see how long it took to leak down below 100.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #10

Thanks, will continue see what else I can find out & let you know.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #11

Hey, COOLBALDGUY did you get a private email from me about hubcabs for your RV?
Old 12-15-2018, 10:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie1951 View Post
Hey, COOLBALDGUY did you get a private email from me about hubcabs for your RV?
yes I did, thanks. I had to replace one of mine as well. One thing that you might want to investigate. The overheating that causes that problem is brake related. These rigs have hydraulic brakes. The original Freightliner calipers have a flaw that causes them to stick. The best way to prevent this from happening is to bleed the entire brake system, filling the system with fresh brake fluid.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #13

Will do, thanks.