Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #1

Black Water Tank unseated again 2017 Dynamax Isata 5

We are now going on the 4th time out Black Water Tank has unseated from the main pipe and leaking sewage into our compartment. Twice the dealership tried to fix it and the 3rd time It was taken back to the dealership to fix. Now we are camping out in Ocitillo Wells, CA with full hook ups and the wife noticed a sewage smell coming into the RV through the heater vent in the bedroom. Looked in the compartment and sewage was all on top of the compartment. At a loss. Of what to do next. It is a bio hazard and if this isn’t covered by warranty now, I am going to have to use CA’s lemon law. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5829.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	245198
kaulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:56 PM   #2
Commercial Member

It looks to me like the tank is possibly shifting. I know if we run into that repair at the factory, the guys create an additional "wedge" that gets installed right where the vertical of the compartment is (where it goes over the frame rail). That way there is no way for the tank to flex/bow as it is supported on the full width (instead of just at the ends). Overfilled tanks can also blow out the line as the tank will bow out and push things away, then when it is emptied it can cap the vent and create some pretty powerful suction. Not saying that is the case, just what I have seen.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It looks to me like the tank is possibly shifting. I know if we run into that repair at the factory, the guys create an additional "wedge" that gets installed right where the vertical of the compartment is (where it goes over the frame rail). That way there is no way for the tank to flex/bow as it is supported on the full width (instead of just at the ends). Overfilled tanks can also blow out the line as the tank will bow out and push things away, then when it is emptied it can cap the vent and create some pretty powerful suction. Not saying that is the case, just what I have seen.

Greetings Brian, it was fixed at the factory on the 3rd attempt and looks like they didn’t put a brace in the middle on there. We are hooked up to full hook ups and I constantly open the black tank. Please let me know what my options are. We love out RV but this is getting frustrating.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Looks like the coach was purchased in April 2016.
We show that we approved a dealer claim in 2017.
Warranty expired in April of 2018
We performed a goodwill repair in Jan 2019 and it seems that was fine for 2 years.

I'll have Dan reach out directly to see what might be going on.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Looks like the coach was purchased in April 2016.
We show that we approved a dealer claim in 2017.
Warranty expired in April of 2018
We performed a goodwill repair in Jan 2019 and it seems that was fine for 2 years.

I'll have Dan reach out directly to see what might be going on.

Thank you Brian, Dan sent me a message.

Tags
black, black water, dynamax isata 5, tank, water, water tank