Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Blackstone grill in DX3 bay

Just bought a blackstone 22" griddle. Its 60lb with the included stand and hood. I know some of you have larger ones that are obviously heavier. How well do they fit in the bays and any issues with the weight? We do have plywood down in the larger bay where our now replaced coleman roadtrip grill was.

Oh and while I'm on the subject any suggestions on cooking with/using/cleaning the blackstone? I have read about how to season. Excited to cook more foods.....
Old 06-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #2

Blackstone grill in DX3 bay

My blackstone grill/griddle is the tailgator with a griddle and grill combo it comes apart and stored and I store it in my first compartment as it fit in perfectly though it is heavy I haven’t had time yet to support the under side as it is deformed a little.
Love cooking on both the grill and griddle, cleaning it is like any cast iron pan DON’T WASH IT IN WATER I scrape it clean and occasionally use a aluminum foil ball.
Sunset beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:06 PM   #3

I was responding to your PM and totally got distracted. Sorry, and thanks for the reminder haha.

It’ll definitely fit in the big bay. That’s where I have my 28” and it doesn’t just barely takes up half the width. You may even be able to get it into the one in front of the door. I don’t worry about weight, have a bunch of other lighter stuff in there with it. Just use common sense. The plywood is nice too, I’ll end up doing it at some point. I also cut a piece of cardboard to put over the cooking surface so I can stack other things on it.

For cleanup, right after I turn off the burners and it’s still hot, i squirt it down with a water bottle to deglaze then scrape everything off. Can repeat as necessary. The boiling water helps loosen stuff up but definitely don’t wash it with soap and water. After that wipe in a few squirts of oil to continue the seasoning.

Enjoy! You’re not going to want to use the grill anymore trust me.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:08 PM   #4

There are also a few guys putting YouTube videos up if you want some initial recipes to try out
Old 06-22-2018, 03:54 PM   #5

Yes I forgot to mention I also clean mine like fourwhl started how he clean his also my compartment are small on the TS than the BH models and my combo grill-griddle is about 34” long.
Congrats and enjoy outdoors cooking [emoji899]
Sunset beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:42 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Awesome! if yours fit, ours will! I can't wait to get cooking on it. Plan to hook it up and season at home. if it would stop raining!!!!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgorving View Post
Awesome! if yours fit, ours will! I can't wait to get cooking on it. Plan to hook it up and season at home. if it would stop raining!!!!
I seasoned mine On the stove in the house. It is very important to season it properly then it’s easy to clean. Just pour water on the hot griddle and scrape off into the drain pan hole. I have the 17” in my Isata 3rw. Have fun you’ll love it.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #8

I have a 17" Blackstone griddle. Once I finish cooking on it I simply crank up the heat and use water to boil off the residue. A wide paint scraper or metal spatula works well.
Luke Moseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Moseley View Post
I have a 17" Blackstone griddle. Once I finish cooking on it I simply crank up the heat and use water to boil off the residue. A wide paint scraper or metal spatula works well.

X2

Mine fits in rear bay no problem. Enjoy
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
X2

Mine fits in rear bay no problem. Enjoy
Saw you and several others cooking on these in TN. We had a coleman roadtrip that DH complains about because its a pain in the butt to clean. Can't wait to try the blackstone out and do more cooking not using the electric skillet. Which is also I pain to drag out, in and clean inside.

If anybody wants to share meal ideas please do!!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #11
Retired Army Paratrooper

Quote:
Saw you and several others cooking on these in TN. We had a coleman roadtrip that DH complains about because its a pain in the butt to clean. Can't wait to try the blackstone out and do more cooking not using the electric skillet. Which is also I pain to drag out, in and clean inside.

If anybody wants to share meal ideas please do!!

It is awesome DW loves to prep the meal hand it out to me and let me cook away. I figure as long as she preps it and then cleans the dishes the least I can do is do the cooking. [emoji23]
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #12

I just bought a 22" Griddle, had a hard time finding one in stock. First tried Amazon, they had a listing for one that was prime with a 1 to 2 month shipping time, no thanks!

I then tried local, no one had the 22" so I googled the gridle and found one in stock on the HSN website, never purchased from them before but because I signed up I got a 15% discount on my first purchase. Total price with shipping and the discount was $130.35 with an adapter hose. Don't need the hose, I already had the quick disconnect hose for the Blackstone griddle.

Thought I would share....

Mike

mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #13

The 22" ARE hard to find. I also ordered from HSN, a few days later they just refunded me, no explanation, then days later I get an email saying they don't have any!!

And yep amazon stated months for delivery. What I really wanted was the deal at walmart. You get the grill, hose, stand and hood for $147. Sold out online, not available in stores. While in my local walmart I decided to check their grill section and there it was!!!!! They have 3 left now I think. Felt like Christmas!!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #14

Quote:
The 22" ARE hard to find. I also ordered from HSN, a few days later they just refunded me, no explanation, then days later I get an email saying they don't have any!!

And yep amazon stated months for delivery. What I really wanted was the deal at walmart. You get the grill, hose, stand and hood for $147. Sold out online, not available in stores. While in my local walmart I decided to check their grill section and there it was!!!!! They have 3 left now I think. Felt like Christmas!!

Hope that's not the case with me, guess we will see. thanks for the heads up.

I just called them and had the customer service rep verify that they had them in stock. Not that that means anything but I feel a little better. How long ago did you order it?

Mike

Old 07-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #15

Just got this e-mail from HSN: Fingers are crossed!
Your items have shipped!
Start checking your doorstep soon... your order is on its way!

Blackstone Portable Outdoor 22" Table Top Gas Griddle w/Adapter Hose

Item number: 553810

Price: $129.95
TRACK IT

Old 07-03-2018, 10:15 PM   #16

Awesome!! Sounds like they're back in stock. Hope u get it soon!

We got the refund June 18th, so I ordered it about June 15th. I read some blogs where people were saying only HSN carried the 22". Its sold out on blackstone's website!
Old 07-04-2018, 06:32 AM   #17

17” blackstone in Isata 3RW rear pass through

I made this outdoor kitchen for mine. Love it, works great. Will never own another grill.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6E9AFE0-0C15-49BB-8562-D828A3D2E5E6.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	178250   Click image for larger version

Name:	630735F6-E776-4F2D-B122-A5ADA21FE255.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	178251   Click image for larger version

Name:	BB082DE3-1C19-4A3E-8ACD-55802CBB2F26.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	178252  
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #18

Quote:
Awesome!! Sounds like they're back in stock. Hope u get it soon!

We got the refund June 18th, so I ordered it about June 15th. I read some blogs where people were saying only HSN carried the 22". Its sold out on blackstone's website!
Yes blackstone is out of stock on these, I had a difficult time finding the 22" instock. HSN was the only one I found. I tried calling Blackstone, but never got a real person also sent e-mails but never got an answer.

Also left a message on their facebook site. CEO did a blanket post:

At the current time, we have experienced an overwhelming demand for our products resulting in much less than perfect customer service. I am aware of significant delays in shipments as well as delayed responses to many phone calls and emails. I apologize for this and we are working very hard to get this fixed. It is beyond painful for me personally to hear of your frustration in not getting your griddles for special family events, gifts, and wanting to enjoy cooking outside with family and friends.
I am committed to getting back to Blackstone's standards of customer service, which we demand to be the best in our industry.
Again, thanks for your support of Blackstone Products. I can’t wait to hear more stories how you enjoy our products and for you to see the new and exciting griddles coming out in the years to come,

Roger Dahle (CEO) and the team at Blackstone
Blackstone Products

Old 07-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #19

Wow, quite a response, hopefully yours is on the way.
And Bill Davis that looks great!! I'm amazed at the RV mod talent out there!!
Old 09-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #20
Señor Miembro

So you guys like the Blackstones better than the Cokemans? I'm glad I came across this thread. I almost bought a coleman this morning but was overwhelmed by all the options and products out there so wanted to wait to see what units look/feel like in a local store and how much they weigh.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black