Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Dynamax Isata 5 FW

Both rear jack leveling legs do not extend or retract

I had i problem with the rear leveling jacks not going up or down. At least I was home so no panic. Retracted the jacks using the 1/4 Allen key method.
Went to Equalizer Systems site on the web and down loaded the “Basic trouble shooting for Auto-level “guide from the support section. I would suggest everyone download this document. The guide calls for 10.5 - 12.5 volts to the jack valve coils I had 0 vdc. The guide also states if NO VOLTAGE CONTACT EQUALIZER SYSTEMS.
I’m thinking damn A $750 controller.
After a day and a half of on and off calling the support line, Antonio, one of the support rep’s returned my call. After talking about my problem he suggested opening up the controller (6 screws) and checking the fuses. Fuse F4 was open. (7.5 micro auto) F4 fuse is the rear two jacks, F5 is the front.
so I’m now down to “short in the wiring or bad coil)
after checking out the wiring (no shorts) checked out the valve coils. (See below)
Rear left jack coil orange wire to ground 1.3 ohms (9.2 amp)
Not good.
Rear right jack coil yellow wire to ground 3.4 ohms (3.5 amp)
Front left jack coil brown wire to ground 4.3 ohms(2.7 amp)
Front right jack coil white wire to ground 4.1 ohms(2.9 amp)
I replaced coil and fuse F4. And reinstalled both controller and coil. Success the levelers now work.
I do not know the most common failure mode of the coils but everyone perhaps should get a spare coil. It would sure be a cheep save to a outing if one failed. Only about $30 dollar’s and a 5 min install.
PN#3074 for my 2019 I5 30FW
I should add that
Some more info:
I do not know if all I5 30FW use the same pumps,controllers and key pads however here is the part numbers on mine.
Controller part nu. #3197.
Pump PN# 3195ks
key pad PN#3103
Valve coil PN# 3074

Tags
leveling