Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2017, 11:32 PM   #1

Bought a Isata 5 from the Hersey show

Ok we bought a 2018 35DB site unseen as of yet frim the Hersey show and am picking it up next week. I had few questions.
How long does the frig run on the inverter/batteries? Does the front TV/bunk TV power up while in motion off the inverter?
What outlets are operational with the inverter on? How loud is the diesel gen vs gas?
Does the unit have side cameras as well as rear?
Is the blue tooth module part of the unit now so we can link it to our phone?
Is there a temp control for the insta hot water heater?

Coming from a Jayco Greyhawk so trying to pick up on the differences. Thanks!!
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #2

Boy that seems like a leap of faith buying sight unseen and having all the questions, I would think these should be answered by the seller/dealer before purchase. Good luck let the forum know how it turns out.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrunner View Post
Ok we bought a 2018 35DB site unseen as of yet frim the Hersey show and am picking it up next week. I had few questions.

How long does the frig run on the inverter/batteries? Does the front TV/bunk TV power up while in motion off the inverter?

What outlets are operational with the inverter on? How loud is the diesel gen vs gas?

Does the unit have side cameras as well as rear?

Is the blue tooth module part of the unit now so we can link it to our phone?

Is there a temp control for the insta hot water heater?

Coming from a Jayco Greyhawk so trying to pick up on the differences. Thanks!!

Hi and welcome to the Dynamax family and I5 ownership.

I have a 2017 I5 DS. So there are a few minor differences as Dynamax continues to improve the unit. So I will answer your questions based in my unit.

The inverter runs everything in the coach when not on shore power or generator. I have 4 coach batteries. The frig has run for more than a day on battery only and didn't drain the coach batteries. Not pulling any other heavy elec load expect lights and maxx air fans. Other main factor influencing length of use is temp. If coach temps are 85+ then frig runs more.

Yes Tv will run on inverter. The issue while in motion is tv signal. But can watch DVD.

Diesel noise. When idling it is louder than gas. When cruise 65 in the highway same as gas. Pulling big hills about the same or a little noisier than gas. Down big hills, using tow/haul mode and exhaust break noisier than gas...but this is a good as not using the brakes. I really like the cummins and wouldn't trade it for a gas engine. It is quieter than the class C gas unit we had before.

Mine is a early unit so no side camera or rear camera that is on all the time. Only backup camera.

Are you referring to the Bluetooth module for controlling, lights, slide outs, generator, etc? Wasn't on mine but I bought it for $200 from Precision. Works good.

The only temp control I have found on the Truma is "comfort" and "Economy". This is for the tank water temp and freeze protection. I don't think it changes the water temp when making hot water under demand.

Be sure you do a complete PDI with dealer working all components and testing plumbing, etc.

Congratulations on your purchase. It is a great unit.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. I did look at and drive one before, just not this specific one. My noise question was about the generator, is the diesel quieter? Also has anyone mounted a curtain on the top rear bunk? Thanks!
vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:57 PM   #5

Diesel generator is not loud. It is quieter than the gas generator in my old MH.

Tags
show