Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #1
Jim & Gerry

Brian- a suggestion

Just a suggestion—
I would love to attend a class for Dynamax owners. We did attend one when we first got the Essex— put on by Spartan Chassis. It was for both spouses and included a complete explanation of all systems, braking, air, chassis, etc. It also included a driving class where we drove our own rig with an instructor after a driving safety classroom lesson. The class was limited to about 10 coaches. They even put our coach over a “pit” and showed us what and where everything was located.

In addition to driver safety, driving the rig, I would love a rundown on all systems in our unit— heating, electrical, chassis, A/V, etc.

There was a fee for the week long class which included breakfast and lunch daily with one final dinner the last night. The knowledge gained was well worth the fee. Hubby of course learned a lot more about the systems than I did, but I did learn a great deal.

I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would have. If you do decide to do this, please sign us up!

Thanks, Gerry and Jim
Jeep Renegade
MovnOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:31 PM   #2

Very interesting suggestion!
Old 05-22-2020, 11:42 PM   #3

Count us in if this becomes reality!
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #4
Commercial Member

While a class was not on the list, we are waiting to get one of our buildings back this summer (that was previously leased to another division). Once that happens we hope to add another bay and start offering factory deliveries. Full walk through, night at one of our hook ups to go through things on your own and then a tech would be available for any questions or minor issues that might pop up.

We tried to do some tech stuff at the rally, but frankly there are too many people with too many different rigs. What this quarantine has done, is taught us all to use video better. Maybe we can schedule a live video class for a specific product. That would limit the number of non-related questions and make it easier to hear when not in a super large group.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #5
Commercial Member

PS. For those of you that have been out to the plant, we used to have a faded, old sign that just said "service". Well, the house is no longer service, but a service lounge. And we also have (6) hookups. (power and water...the city made us put the sewer behind the gate...but available during working hours).

So when we updated the main sign, we did this one as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0736.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	229677  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
While a class was not on the list, we are waiting to get one of our buildings back this summer (that was previously leased to another division). Once that happens we hope to add another bay and start offering factory deliveries. Full walk through, night at one of our hook ups to go through things on your own and then a tech would be available for any questions or minor issues that might pop up.

We tried to do some tech stuff at the rally, but frankly there are too many people with too many different rigs. What this quarantine has done, is taught us all to use video better. Maybe we can schedule a live video class for a specific product. That would limit the number of non-related questions and make it easier to hear when not in a super large group.

Love the video idea! Perhaps having a class schedule (model and topics). This would enable customers to join the classes that pertain to their rig and topic of interest.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:18 PM   #7

Really Appreciate the How To Videos Brian. Have learned much from them and all of yours and everyone elses responses to my questions in this Forum (A great resource) and just trial and error going through the coach. Have only owned my coach for 2-1/2 months thus far but have learned much in that short time.

That said....What would be great is to have a long and detailed "Walkthrough" video for all models going into great detail on how everything works. Perhaps an hour or two long or more... I am sure others would benefit from something like this as well.

I realize the new models have some changes as compared to my '17, but I am sure it would still be very beneficial. I have seen a number of walkthrough videos on youtube including some from you and your staff however they are only a cursory introduction, with the longest being 20-25 minutes.

Thanks for your consideration...
Old 05-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Once that happens we hope to add another bay and start offering factory deliveries. Full walk through, night at one of our hook ups to go through things on your own and then a tech would be available for any questions or minor issues that might pop up.
Wow! That would be such a fantastic, reassuring service to provide for your new customers. We would happily make the trip from south central PA to take advantage of that when we purchase later this year or early next. Good luck on making this idea happen.

Oh, as someone else mentioned, those how-to videos are very helpful, too.
Herons5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:20 PM   #9

I would love to see Factory Pickup as an option.

Many reasons for this including being right at the factory for any needed repairs, adjustments, etc. right out of the shoot.

Also, I have a buddy who does drive aways (the dudes who drive your brand new coach from the factory to your dealer) and let's just say they are in a bit of a hurry and drive those brand new engines extremely hard to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. And I am being very kind here.

I would rather break in the engine myself, test all the systems and controls at the factory and would gladly plan the trip for picking up our coach which we are ordering immediately after the upcoming election since we cannot take delivery until after the new year thanks to personal tax ramifications. (If you own your own business you may know what I mean)

So if Factory Pickup has the potential to become a reality I say YES wholeheartedly!
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #10

Great to see the factory delivery option is getting closer to reality. The new sign is great. Makes finding the hook up spots easier especially if arriving at night.

The videos are great. Have shared the slide out video on YouTube many times when owners ask questions or have a problem with slide out operations.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #11

Quote:

I'm all for detailed videos and the on-sight classes. BTW, Brian, our Force is excellent. No problems so far and a sweet ride. But the more education for me, the better.
JC70 is online now   Reply With Quote