Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Preventative maintenance?

1. Make sure there is nothing under the floor or that can get caught in the fascia when closing/opening the slide.
2. Don't let people sit in the slide when going in or out. Kids love to do this. tough.
3. ****Maybe most important. Make sure you operate the slide when the batteries are fully charged. Do not operate on low voltage. So make sure you just arrived, (so batteries re charged from alternator), or are plugged in for a bit or the generator has been running.

If you pick it up from storage, don't expect the batteries to be topped off. Plug it in...do some other things and then run the slides out.

Finally. Enjoy. There are lots of people that have had zero slide issues. You really only see the ones that have had them and the bulk of those are typically lost slide stops or faults caused by low voltage. There are a few bad motors, but I wonder how many motors have been changed, because the fault said it was the motor, when it was really just a false fault.
Shouldn't the batteries be fully charged if you have the solar panels? They always seem to be but we have lots of sunshine in Colorado.
NearDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:01 AM   #42

Fear of slide failure is common in all RV's with slides.

These need to be overbuilt , not budget built .

There is spray lubricant that can be used that may reduce slide failure.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
Fear of slide failure is common in all RV's with slides.

These need to be overbuilt , not budget built .

There is spray lubricant that can be used that may reduce slide failure.

I use silicone slide lubricant on a regular basis and the rail still broke. Just lubricated it prior to the rail breaking.
kaulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #44

Skeers slide

what exactly is a "slide rail"?
secondly, i still want to know if my slide significantly slowing down and making strained noise for the last 6 inches is normal?
Dick Skeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #45
Commercial Member

slide rail are the metal rails that bring the slide in and out. On the big trucks, those are below floor rams. On the smaller trucks, those are (4) smaller toothed tracks.

Last 6" stain normal...yes. That last 6" is when the slide is working the hardest to create a positive seal on the slide out. On a bedroom slide, you re dealing with a MUCH lighter slide out.

On the front slide, you are dealing with a much heavier slide. You can adjust the slide stops to create "less pressure" on the slide seals. And in some cases, that is probably a good thing. You can dial in the perfect amount of pressure. But to answer the original question, yes, they are working harder that last 6" because you now have the resistance of the exterior wall coming into play.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 01:40 PM   #46

Another broken Power Gear SlimRack toothed track

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaulick View Post
Does anyone know the brand of these slide rails on the ISATA 5 and does camping world carrying them? This broke at our second stop from California to Florida. We are in Amarillo, TX right now. Need to know the brand and length if any one has it.

Attachment 175910

Mine broke in almost identical fashion 7/9/2022. Were you able to retract it using the 3 remaining tracks and did you have any problems doing so?

If you can retract it using the motors then will the motors lock it in place so you don't need any special precautions to keep the slide from creeping out??

Dave
(2022 DX3 37BD)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	528.7 KB
ID:	276206   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	276207   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-endgrain.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	276208  
DaveFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:08 PM   #47

Update to my broken slimrack track post: We got it in using the 3 intact tracks and a beefy guy on a ladder leaning on the top corner near the broken track. The slide retracted smoothly and evenly with this method. Before retracting we pushed the long broken piece of the track behind the short end and jammed it so it will hopefully remain out of the way when the repair shop has to extend the slide to replace the broken bits later.
DaveFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 08:33 AM   #48
Norwood Auto Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Preventative maintenance?

1. Make sure there is nothing under the floor or that can get caught in the fascia when closing/opening the slide.
2. Don't let people sit in the slide when going in or out. Kids love to do this. tough.
3. ****Maybe most important. Make sure you operate the slide when the batteries are fully charged. Do not operate on low voltage. So make sure you just arrived, (so batteries re charged from alternator), or are plugged in for a bit or the generator has been running.

If you pick it up from storage, don't expect the batteries to be topped off. Plug it in...do some other things and then run the slides out.

Finally. Enjoy. There are lots of people that have had zero slide issues. You really only see the ones that have had them and the bulk of those are typically lost slide stops or faults caused by low voltage. There are a few bad motors, but I wonder how many motors have been changed, because the fault said it was the motor, when it was really just a false fault.
I would like to add: Be careful as to how much weight you put into the storage areas embedded in the slide. The factory does not specify a maximum but I believe that adding weighty items distorts the loading on the racks and motors and enhances the opportunities for failure. And if you are putting heavy items under the diner seats, place them as far inboard as possible.
vlamgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 11:37 AM   #49
2022 Dynamax Europa 31SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaulick View Post
I use silicone slide lubricant on a regular basis and the rail still broke. Just lubricated it prior to the rail breaking.
From the owners manual (Slim Rack Slides):

Your Power Gear slide-out system has been designed to require very little maintenance. To ensure long life of your slide-out system, read and follow these simple procedures:
• When the room is out, visually inspect the inner slide rail. Check for excess build-up of dirt or other foreign material. Remove any debris or items that may be present.
• If the system squeaks or makes other noises, it is permissible to apply a light coating of silicone spray or lithium grease to the roller and bearing sleeve ID. Be sure to remove any excess lubricant so that dirt or debris do not build- up. DO NOT lubricate the slide-out drive gears, gear racks, or roller OD, as this will attract dirt and debris.
M_I_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:19 PM   #50

I am now dealing with the same issue. I ordered 2 rails from lci, but hope they are correct. Looking for someone to complete the repair is another issue. My main concern is why it happened. Slide may need to be realigned?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220727_202608.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	277123   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220726_203739.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	277124  
JCMITCHELL32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:34 PM   #51
Commercial Member

The slide stops are user settable. Maybe they were set too far in and/or out. The bulb seal only needs to compress about half way, some people feel the need to compress them all the way.

I will say, in the 7 years we have been running this slide, that is only the 2nd one I have seen break.

Old 07-28-2022, 08:43 PM   #52

How do you set the stops? I haven't adjusted anything.

I did measure tonight. The front bottom. Of the slide is 1/4 farther in than the rest of the slide
Old 07-29-2022, 10:01 AM   #53
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMITCHELL32 View Post
How do you set the stops? I haven't adjusted anything.

I did measure tonight. The front bottom. Of the slide is 1/4 farther in than the rest of the slide

I will say this again, for anyone that will listen. IF you have not subscribed to our Youtube page, please do so. That is where we post tips, tricks, how to's and troubleshooting videos.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:55 AM   #54
2019 Isata 3

How did you fix it? Mine is broken exactly the same way.
Jellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:50 AM   #55

Call the company and order a new rail. I ordered two just in case. It requires that side mechanism to be removed. You can find a video of the repair. It's actually not too bad if you have the tools. Happy to help if you have other questions.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:54 AM   #56

Quote:
Call the company and order a new rail. I ordered two just in case. It requires that side mechanism to be removed. You can find a video of the repair. It's actually not too bad if you have the tools. Happy to help if you have other questions.
When you say "called the company", are you talking about LCI? I ask because I order _the_ rail from LCI as well and they told me that it ONLY comes in 6ft lengths as a replacement part. So, once it arrived, I cut it to length and drilled the holes in the end for the retaining pins. It was a big deal for me because I have a way to make clean cuts in metal and a drill press to get clean, straight holes in something like that.

I'm just curious if you were able to get a replacement rail that was install ready. and if so, what was the part number?
Old 10-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #57

Yes that's correct, LCI. I received the same part that has to be cut. Thatsthe only option apparently. Take your time and it can be done. I had the same reservation
Old 10-28-2022, 09:05 AM   #58

Quote:
Yes that's correct, LCI. I received the same part that has to be cut. That's the only option apparently. Take your time and it can be done. I had the same reservation
Gotcha. Yeah, I don't have any issues cutting it correctly and drilling the holes correctly. I'm more concerned about the average Joe/Jane who might not have the correct tools, but orders the part from LCI expecting the rail to show up and have it be ready to go.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:09 AM   #59

Yes, I totally agree. For those without tools or time, a mobile repair service is the way to go.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:58 AM   #60
2019 Isata 3

Slide rail

I don’t have any problems cutting or drilling the rail, my concern is accessing and removing it. I’ve watched a video on YouTube but the mechanism on my unit looks more enclosed.
Jellison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide