Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #1

Broken slide rail.

Does anyone know the brand of these slide rails on the ISATA 5 and does camping world carrying them? This broke at our second stop from California to Florida. We are in Amarillo, TX right now. Need to know the brand and length if any one has it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2414.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	175910
kaulick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #2

It is to the living room slide in case the sizes are different for the bedroom.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Power Gear is who makes that slide, it is call a "Slim Rack". Power Gear is owned by LCI (Lippert Components). They are normally length specific, so I am not sure CW would carry them. that would have to be ordered from LCI most likely. I've actually never seen one break, so I don't know that anyone stocks "just the rail". We get them in a completed set.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #4

Realized why it broke. We were able to get the slide in no problem this morning using normal functions. Did notice that the entire slide sticks out about 1 1/2 inches more on that side so the slide is crooked and is putting more stress on that side of the rails.

Would you be able to measure one of the rails so I can call Lippert and order one? I am going to see if they can walk me through disengaging the motors so I can push the slide even and be able to remove and replace the rail.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #5

Just spoke to Lippert and if you can provide me the system number, they can have the part shipped to me at our next stop.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Bedroom
Slide system, slim 26.0198 x 59.75 hc41.595 r-bk-bkstp-bkstp-f v000347747

Main Room:
SLIDE SYSTEM, SLIM 38.0626 X 81.75 JC62.595 RPBK-BKSTP-BKSTP-F V000357182

I think they are looking for the V000...number

Old 06-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Bedroom
Slide system, slim 26.0198 x 59.75 hc41.595 r-bk-bkstp-bkstp-f v000347747

Main Room:
SLIDE SYSTEM, SLIM 38.0626 X 81.75 JC62.595 RPBK-BKSTP-BKSTP-F V000357182

I think they are looking for the V000...number

Thank you! Going to call them now.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #8

Spoke to the rep at Lippert and they don’t sell the individual part. They will only sell the complete system at $1k. I don’t think this should’ve failed like this. I hope maybe with this, Dynamax will rethink installing this system in the new RVs since the rep told me they don’t sell individual parts because it was a system that was built by Powergear before they bought them out. Now we are stuck 7 weeks with no living room slide out and have no clue what to do. The RV is coming back to your shop at the end of our trip for warranty work that couldn’t be done at the dealership. Maybe Dynamax can lobby Lippert in selling individual parts to this system??
Old 06-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaulick View Post
Spoke to the rep at Lippert and they don’t sell the individual part. They will only sell the complete system at $1k. I don’t think this should’ve failed like this. I hope maybe with this, Dynamax will rethink installing this system in the new RVs since the rep told me they don’t sell individual parts because it was a system that was built by Powergear before they bought them out. Now we are stuck 7 weeks with no living room slide out and have no clue what to do. The RV is coming back to your shop at the end of our trip for warranty work that couldn’t be done at the dealership. Maybe Dynamax can lobby Lippert in selling individual parts to this system??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529097054.482454.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	242.8 KB
ID:	176013Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529097089.553797.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	176014.

First photo is of the side that is not broken and the second photo shows the non broken rack that is bowed.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Well that seems dumb. We'll see what we can find out.

Our other slide out option is the Schwintec...but of course Lippert bought them too. Look at just about every single Class C on the market and it is one of those two mechanisms. We might have a system here we can dismantle if you can limp along until your appointment. Or I'll ask my guys what we might have. I hope to have you some answers late Monday.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well that seems dumb. We'll see what we can find out.

Our other slide out option is the Schwintec...but of course Lippert bought them too. Look at just about every single Class C on the market and it is one of those two mechanisms. We might have a system here we can dismantle if you can limp along until your appointment. Or I'll ask my guys what we might have.

Thank you! Just a little frustrated, not with you or Dynamax but with Lippert. Can’t believe they don’t sell individual parts to a system they still sell.

We will try and make it to the factory. We will try not to use the living room slide until we get to the factory.

Again thank you for your help!
Old 06-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Thank you! Just a little frustrated, not with you or Dynamax but with Lippert. Can’t believe they don’t sell individual parts to a system they still sell.

We will try and make it to the factory. We will try not to use the living room slide until we get to the factory.

Again thank you for your help!
Is it possible to take it out and have it welded and reinforced on the back side?
Old 06-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Is it possible to take it out and have it welded and reinforced on the back side?

Was thinking of trying that but not sure if I get get a strong enough weld on such a thin rack.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #14

I have an idea, The motor will still work on the lower rail and also will retract the broken rail. Have someone push the upper part of the slide (broken side) in as you retract the slide. You still have 3 good rails. The trick is matching the rate of the 3 remaining rails. You may need a ladder and take it slow.

2018 Isata 5 DS
sseaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Was thinking of trying that but not sure if I get get a strong enough weld on such a thin rack.
Angle grind both ends and add a reinforcement on the back side. If you get full penetration, it will be as strong as all the rest of the rack and with the reinforcement, it should be stronger. Might think about reinforcing the entire length of all of them. I sure would, but I'm cheap.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #16
Site Team

If you measure the pitch, thickness, & width; you can probably get a piece of gear rack from Boston Gear. They sell 4' & 6' lengths from stock.

Any machine shop can machine the mountings so that it'll fit the mechanism.

There are several other places that sell gear rack too.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
If you measure the pitch, thickness, & width; you can probably get a piece of gear rack from Boston Gear. They sell 4' & 6' lengths from stock.

Any machine shop can machine the mountings so that it'll fit the mechanism.

There are several other places that sell gear rack too.
Easier and faster to just weld/reinforce it.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Realized why it broke. We were able to get the slide in no problem this morning using normal functions. Did notice that the entire slide sticks out about 1 1/2 inches more on that side so the slide is crooked and is putting more stress on that side of the rails.

Would you be able to measure one of the rails so I can call Lippert and order one? I am going to see if they can walk me through disengaging the motors so I can push the slide even and be able to remove and replace the rail.
What caused it to break?
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #19

I cant really understand why there are so many issues with the slides. These have been around long enough and the engineering on them should be spot on by now and almost as common as a steps but it does not seem to be that way.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Davis View Post
What caused it to break?

I am thinking it was not properly aligned. The back sticks out 1 1/2 inches more than the front. The racks are bowing on that side as well.

Tags
slide