Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2020, 06:40 PM   #1

Bumper-grill guard for Freightliner M2 chassis

I had a great response to a thread I started on this subject when I had an Isata 5. Moving up a notch to the Force, which won't be delivered for several months, I've found it's a very different arena in the market when you move up to the Freightliner chassis category. Interestingly, speaking with Class-A owners at the RV parks most say they only drive a few hours a day, and always in the daylight, so they've never even considered the need. And, I don't really see class-A's with front bumper guards, in fact maybe never. Eighteen wheelers you sure do. I guess its up to the individual, but I could just as easily be driving in twilight or night, as in the day. So I already am committed to getting one, the question for this thread, is which one. When I was looking for the Dodge Ram it seemed like a no brainer to replace the entire front bumper with an assembly. However, when you get the the M2 class of chassis, and looking at quiet a few trucks on the road, it seems the bumper/grill guards, which bolt onto the stock bumper, are very substantial, and as popular as the entire assembly, and at half the cost. So far it seems Herd may be the main player in this market, with the GS-300 being a nice bumper/grill guard, and the Aeroplus as a full assembly replacement. And I haven't even confirmed they have that for the M2 106. I've also seen a seemingly interesting option, Ali Arc which has a nice line, reasonably priced lineup. It would be great to have any feedback from Dynamax Freightliner chassis owners with any thoughts or experience on this.
As always, thanks for the input.
Invisibleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:46 PM   #2

Someone has this in the classifieds

https://www.forestriverclassifieds.c...tom-grill-1174

edit: now that I look at it closer, it's a Caliber 9 grille, not a guard.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:34 PM   #3

Check out this thread:

Your favorite DX3 upgrades
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...d.php?t=197655
“Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on”
MoJoe1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #4

I have questions from Herd bumpers and Ali Arc. They both want to know if the M2 106 Freightliner is the raised or non-raised cab, and, if it is the "sport" chassis. Anyone know?
Also, if the fundamental body/chassis of the M2 106 chassis has changed in 2020/2021.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #5
Señor Miembro

Buckstop bumpers for M2

I happen to know that Buckstop bumpers has one in stock for the M2-106 because we just cancelled the order for mine a few days ago as it seems, after it was built, they figured out the M2-112 bumper specs are different than the M2-106.
It is a stainless bumper with mild steel grill guard (was supposed to be all stainless) and has 2 sets (I think) of optional round light holes in the bumper where I was planning on putting PIAA running lights and fog lamps. It's finished in hammered black textured powder coat.
If you call them, ask for Clinton.
Rancher Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:15 PM   #6

Very interestin. For some reason Buckstop didn't come up in my search.
Thanks
Old 11-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #7
Commercial Member

It is an M2-106 raised cab. It is not a sport chassis.

There are already threads I think if you search where people have installed front grill guards.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:41 PM   #8

BC. I think I've gone through most of the threads on the forum.
So far I have one possibility, but its steel, and Rancher Bob that ordered one from Buckstop and they made the wrong one (I'm still researching that one). Can you answer one thing for me? Does the 2021 M2 106 have recovery hooks, because I don't see any having crawled under a new 2021 DX3 on dealer the lot yesterday.
thanks
Old 11-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #9
Commercial Member

The M2-112 does not (at least any more with the Wabco)

The M2-106 does...but as I recall they are recessed back and flipped on the chassis rail. To use them they have to get flipped around as I recall. Not in the office at this second to take a look, but someone else might be able to snap a pic.

Edit: Scratch that. The 112 had them, now they don't. 106 never did.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grill