Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 11:58 AM   #21
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5646 View Post
Just going to explain what my issiue was. The coax cable on the back side of outlet you connect to we’re not installed in a workman like manor. So after hrs of diagnostics the repair takes minutes at any of the subpar outlets. Hopefully the picture will help more than anything. Attachment 235208
Oh my! Either the conductor broke off in the coax connection, or the coax wasn't stripped correctly during install. Sometimes that happens if the the stripping tool isn't set for the right size coax. I would check to make sure the broken off piece is not still stuck inside the barrel connection.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:15 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Canyon View Post
Referring to Taxman’s photo, what kind of cable is the small black wires, and what is the connector/adapter called that goes to the coax? One of mine has separated, and since the connector/adapter has been previously crimped, there is no way I can just push them together. I’ll need to get a new one, but need to know the terminology.
Thanks.
It is a coax cable....just a skinny one coming off of the back of the Winegard plate. If that is broken, then you just need to get a new plate, I wouldn't bother trying to repair it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #23

Thanks. That’s what I’ll do.
Cactus Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable