Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 10:01 AM   #1

Calling All Dynamax Owners

Hey guys, new to the forum and RV's; we used to rent the Cruise America RV's and called it quits because, well, y'all probably know why.

We found a "used" 2016 Force HD with 2048 miles on it and I have the deposit down, just need to sign the finance agreement. The reason for the post is to just make sure that we made the right decision, we had looked at the Seneca's and decided on the Force HD for the price point and the 8.9 Cummins. I just want to hear from owners of these and get the input from you on reliability, quality, etc. I come from a long line of Maritime so I am familiar with the fact that boats break, and are a horrible investment; I work on the boats and figure I would just apply the same logic to the RV world.

So, thanks for any input and let's hear it all - the good, the ugly, and the bad too!

Thanks and look forward to hearing your experiences and seeing you on the road.
Keys-Tahoe TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

You made the right call

There are a couple of Seneca converts on here, and a few threads outlining some of the differences, if you feel the need to dig for details. Since you're about to finish the deal though, may just be best to read up on all you can and start planning to enjoy your new coach.

Support here is great and if you can DIY you'll have a great experience.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:16 PM   #3
Consumer of Space

Heck, That "used" rig has less mileage than mine did new. If you're anything like me, you'll just start reading the forums and see what everyone else is experiencing with your model/floorplan.

The built in search engine on the forum doesn't like search terms with few letters. There is a workaround... If you want to google search the forum just type in the search words and add the following:
site:www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f240

This worked well when I wanted posts dealing with TV, which is too small for the forum engine to pick up on.

Have fun reading and don't be afraid to ask!
Old 09-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #4

The 'New' units is CA already have over 2300 miles on them. They're driven from the factory to the dealer. My new one bought in TX had 1200 miles on it. Your unit is essentially brand new! You got a fantastic deal.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #5

You made the right choice, I know exactly where you are coming from,

I had 5 boats and 3 MH, sounds like you got yourself a good deal. Don't

hesitate to ask any questions you may have, there are some very

knowledgeable people on here and you also have a GM on here who will

answer any questions you have. (bclemens)
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #6

Good pick. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:15 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
Joet19711 there you go again

TNT.....Congrats on the new beast!! Be prepared for audiences and to give tours wherever you take her

BTW Joet19711 is one of those knowledgeable people
Old 09-25-2017, 03:27 PM   #8

Good advice on the tours things lol! That was definitely something I didnt expect
Old 09-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to letsgorving Send a message via MSN to letsgorving Send a message via Yahoo to letsgorving
And the people staring with their mouths open as you drive by. Seriously though, they are gorgeous looking rigs
Old 09-25-2017, 04:34 PM   #10

My latest pet peeve: Cars that come flying up to pass in the left lane and then slow down to sight see as they go by while you're rapidly approaching a semi wanting to pass. Drives me nuts!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:42 PM   #11

Don't even second guess or compare to a Seneca! Dynamax hands down. And you are like me and found a low mileage pre enjoyed unit. I have a 16 Force HD as well. Halla will tell you, skip the Force and go directly to the Force HD model. What floor plan are you looking at?
Tugboat609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURWHL View Post
My latest pet peeve: Cars that come flying up to pass in the left lane and then slow down to sight see as they go by while you're rapidly approaching a semi wanting to pass. Drives me nuts!
Well you wouldn't have that problem if you were driving a minnie winnie or something that isn't so eye catching blue
Old 09-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #13

Don't get the idea that there wont be problems along the way, there will be. Get the best predelivery inspection and instructions you can. This site is a great resource, especially because of the Factory Manager involvement on the site. We are all very favorable towards Dynamax and uniformly believe your making a good choice.
dmax36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #14

Before you ink the deal just make sure you get the floor plan that suits the way you will use the coach!!
mikew968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboat609 View Post
Don't even second guess or compare to a Seneca! Dynamax hands down. And you are like me and found a low mileage pre enjoyed unit. I have a 16 Force HD as well. Halla will tell you, skip the Force and go directly to the Force HD model. What floor plan are you looking at?
Wow guys, thanks for all the input! Got lucky and found the only used unit I could find online, and it was the floorplan we wanted - the Force 37TS HD in black and silver with the cherry interior. Just really lucked out.

Can't wait to drive it out on Wednesday afternoon and her first trip will be about 3k miles which will almost double the current mileage; I plan on putting a lot in over the years and hope to see you guys out there. By the way, after reading this earlier, i finalized the deal so thanks again for all the positive input and making me sure I made the right decision.

After lurking here for a while I kinda thought that there was a manager interacting - which was one if the selling points as well, as that type of interaction says a lot.

Glad to hear that if you work on the little things, it'll make the experiences way better - and they don't sink! Well hopefully not haha. I'll be sure to post some pics of the new girl (and toad - that was new to me) with the JKU in tow.

See y'all out there and thanks again!
Keys-Tahoe TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:29 AM   #16

Congratulations! You won't be disappointed. The paint quality is second to none! And you will love the 8.9L. Sounds like you found the perfect preowned unit. Do yourself a favor and install a set of Snap Pads on the power gear leveling jacks to help out with stability and sinking. Also if it does not have a rear dump valve for air bags get one of them also installed. It will help out greatly with leveling. I'm in the process of getting it done soon as well. I am from the southern part of New Jersey. A lot of the members on here are from PA,MD,DE. It would be awesome if someone organized a Dynamax only Rally. That would be really cool. There is a campground in Delaware called Masseys Landing that has plenty of room and could host it. Just a idea.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:48 AM   #17

Rally, Im in. We would make the drive to Deleware. Not that far from Ohio.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:07 AM   #18

1) As a former Seneca owner--I agree with everyone here--Dynamax Force HD over Seneca, for sure.
2) As a Force HD owner in PA--I agree again--I'm all for a weekend rally!
shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:41 AM   #19

RALLY!!! I'm in... going there again on Oct 5th thru 8th
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:26 AM   #20

Your always there joet19711.!! If somebody want to plan a rally I'm in as well. I really don't have a lot of time to plan it myself.