Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #21

We tow an AWD Toyota Sienna and everyone said that wasn't towable. Blue Ox makes a base plate for it and I had to put a lube pump in it, but we've towed it all over the place with no problems at all.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:06 AM   #22
Consumer of Space

You can tow just about anything you can get a base plate for by simply allowing it to idle in neutral. I did this on my 4runner for a couple of thousand miles (~70mph) while I was waiting to install the lube pump. Really doesn't use much fuel either.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
OK....we are getting ready to buy a new DX3 RB and want to tow a small pickup. Seems most everyone we talk to about it say you can't, so our Question is does anyone tow either of these or any small pickup??? Thanks for the Help we are new to this forum not to towing, we have a pickup & 5th wheel.
We tow a 2007 Chevy Colorado, automatic. Flat tows easy with zero restrictions.
idahobaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconnors11 View Post
You can tow just about anything you can get a base plate for by simply allowing it to idle in neutral. I did this on my 4runner for a couple of thousand miles (~70mph) while I was waiting to install the lube pump. Really doesn't use much fuel either.
Yup.....same here, years ago with a "Geo/Metro"..........back then I could tow it all day......used about $1.50 worth of gas!....
Old 08-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
OK....we are getting ready to buy a new DX3 RB and want to tow a small pickup. Seems most everyone we talk to about it say you can't, so our Question is does anyone tow either of these or any small pickup??? Thanks for the Help we are new to this forum not to towing, we have a pickup & 5th wheel.
You have to get a drive shaft disconnect for the Nissan. I’ve been towing my Frontier for 4 yrs now, no problems. BlueOx sells the base plates for it. I also use the Patriot brake system. Good camping
RonPotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:52 AM   #26

We've flat towed a 2006 Silverado 1500 4x4 for the last 3 years & no problems. It doesn't have a steering lock & just put the transfer case selector in neutral and away we go. I removed the recessed tow hooks on the front bumper of the Silverado & made my own base plate for use w/ a removable Roadmaster tow bar. I use the Roadmaster air brake system since the DX3 has air brakes - works great.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #27

We tow our pickup

We tow a 2016 F150 4x4. Minor procedure to get transfer case in neutral. Towing with V10 Coachmen.
Tomban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:09 PM   #28

The owner's manual is your friend, under "Dinghy Towing."
EdnKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyota