Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #1

Cargo box with ebikes on back on 2016 REV 24RB

Hi everybody
I am looking at a 2016 Rev 24RB soon and I am concerned about towing/hitch weight. I have seen some posts in various Dynamax groups where people tow with it, but It appears to only be 2000 lbs capacity with 200 tongue weight according to Promaster stats. I want to use a Komo box (enclosed cargo box) with my two electric bikes. Total weight about 300 lbs. I use it with no issue on my chevy Roadtrek but it has a 7000 lb. towing ability. It would be a deal breaker for me if unable to take my bikes in the box. Anybody use their back hitch or know the real answer? Since I haven't seen the unit yet and unable to see in any pictures on the web, could an owner confirm that it comes with a factory hitch and 2" receiver please.TIA.
medvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvet View Post
Hi everybody
I am looking at a 2016 Rev 24RB soon and I am concerned about towing/hitch weight. I have seen some posts in various Dynamax groups where people tow with it, but It appears to only be 2000 lbs capacity with 200 tongue weight according to Promaster stats. I want to use a Komo box (enclosed cargo box) with my two electric bikes. Total weight about 300 lbs. I use it with no issue on my chevy Roadtrek but it has a 7000 lb. towing ability. It would be a deal breaker for me if unable to take my bikes in the box. Anybody use their back hitch or know the real answer? Since I haven't seen the unit yet and unable to see in any pictures on the web, could an owner confirm that it comes with a factory hitch and 2" receiver please.TIA.
I think you answered your own question. Your box weighs 300 lbs and your max tongue weight is 200 lbs. you would be 100 lbs. overweight.
US Army Veteran 🇺🇸
Previous coach 2017 Isata 3RW
Also,3 Diesel pushers, 1Bvan, 2 class Cs
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvet View Post
Hi everybody

I believe the factory hitch is smaller on my 2017. Less than 2 inches, canít remember if 1 1/4 or 1 3/4.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #4
hhl

Maybe look into front mounted hitch 400 lbs capacity for dodge promaster.
Check if Rev can handle added weight.
hhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #5

They can be light in the front.

Old 07-27-2021, 09:36 AM   #6

my 2016 rev 24cb came from factory with 1 1\4 receiver. that being said you will not be happy with that combination! the rev is definitely cargo limited.i took mine to California and scraped the scooter carrier on thw way out of a gas station and broke a weld on the undercarriage, left my 85# scooter noticeably bouncing back there via the backup camera since we were in south Dakota and still far from home. had rv dealer inspect hitch. and the werenot 100% sure it would stay attached. so my scooter came inside and I abandoned the carrier., did not want to risk losing it on I 90. had hitch repaired and still carry scooter back there. but yearly inspection for peace of mind! now considering a front mount hitch to carry my wifes e bike . rev is definitely light in the front an should be able
to accomodate e this set up! any other REv owners install rack on front?? thoughts concerns? dont block the air trying to get to engine!
lindqca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #7

I remember one or two other owners installing hitches on the front a few years ago. I am fairly certain they had REVs.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #8

The rear hitch on a 3500 Promaster extended chassis like the rig you’re considering is held on by bolts running through to the end surfaces of the “frame”. There is no cantilevered support. That’s why the tongue weight is so low. Folks with Travatos have found welders who are willing to modify the hitch so that there are additional mounting points. Most welders don’t want the liability.

2006 Isata Touring Sedan 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cargo, bike