Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2020, 12:13 AM   #1

Ceramic coated window tint - what a difference!

I just had window tint installed on the cab. My original plan was to install it on the driver and passenger side windows only...but,

After the mobile service owner and I started talking he was asking about what level of tint I wanted. I told him I was more interested in reducing the heat going into the cab. That's when he showed me the tint film options. The ceramic tint is more expensive but it reflects 99.9% of UV and hence the heat from going through the window into your cab.

Then he said he could also put it on the front window (primary source of heat) and showed me his truck with the product. I could not tell it anything was actually installed on his truck windshield.

So, I had limo put on the sides and clear put on the windshield. It doesn't matter what level of tint (none, light or dark) you have installed to reduce the heat build up since they all have the ceramic coating. The difference is amazing. Highly recommend it to anyone interested in reducing the heat build up and transfer into your coach.

Check it out with a local mobile service provider.
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:27 AM   #2

We’ve been using ceramic tint on all our cars and for years. Also use clear on the sunroof.

Agree... heat reduction is amazing!

Am thinking about using clear on side windows of our XL. Would help with Texas heat.
EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBee View Post
I just had window tint installed on the cab. My original plan was to install it on the driver and passenger side windows only...but,

After the mobile service owner and I started talking he was asking about what level of tint I wanted. I told him I was more interested in reducing the heat going into the cab. That's when he showed me the tint film options. The ceramic tint is more expensive but it reflects 99.9% of UV and hence the heat from going through the window into your cab.

Then he said he could also put it on the front window (primary source of heat) and showed me his truck with the product. I could not tell it anything was actually installed on his truck windshield.

So, I had limo put on the sides and clear put on the windshield. It doesn't matter what level of tint (none, light or dark) you have installed to reduce the heat build up since they all have the ceramic coating. The difference is amazing. Highly recommend it to anyone interested in reducing the heat build up and transfer into your coach.

Check it out with a local mobile service provider.

what brand/manufacturer of the film?
red_georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #4

I didn't ask about the brand. I've had three vehicles done from two different businesses. Both work the same so I'm not sure the brand matters as much as clarifying that the tint is the ceramic type. In the past the brand was 3M but not sure about what I have now. Both of the tint service providers included a lifetime warranty against bubbling, discoloration, peeling, etc.

Cheers,
2019 Jeep Wrangler
USN Veteran (USS Saipan, VAQ-34)
BellaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 03:09 PM   #5

Can you post a few pictures of the cab and tint installed? Looking for heat options as well..
Gracias!
AndrewC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ram, window