Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2021, 04:08 PM   #1

Chipping and Peeling Paint

The paint on my 2019 Isata 3 24RWM is chipping and peeling of the front and rear bumpers as well as the side molding. My coach has been in the paint shop twice to fix these problems.
I purchased the Custom Full Body Paint Package, Premium Cut and Buffed Paint Finish and Front-End Diamond Shield Paint Protection package.
The body shop where my coach is being repainted, has told me that it appears the manufacture failed to properly prepare that plastic surface prior to painting the bumpers and side molding resulting in the paint not sticking to the plastic surface. I would like to know if any other Isata 3 owners are having this problem.
djbiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:29 AM   #2

normally the factory paint is the hardest and long-lasting paint job a vehicle can have however some times the factory makes mistakes the classic example is the 1994 chevy/GMC trucks they all started to peel (improper primer) I hope all works out for you.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 12:24 PM   #3

Thanks
djbiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:18 PM   #4

Chipping and Peeling Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbiz1 View Post
The paint on my 2019 Isata 3 24RWM is chipping and peeling of the front and rear bumpers as well as the side molding. My coach has been in the paint shop twice to fix these problems.
I purchased the Custom Full Body Paint Package, Premium Cut and Buffed Paint Finish and Front-End Diamond Shield Paint Protection package.
The body shop where my coach is being repainted, has told me that it appears the manufacture failed to properly prepare that plastic surface prior to painting the bumpers and side molding resulting in the paint not sticking to the plastic surface. I would like to know if any other Isata 3 owners are having this problem.
I just came across this thread from earlier this year while searching for peeling paint issues. I have a 2021 Dynamax Isata with the Diamond Shield. Paint is peeling from the front bumper and the dealer has agreed to fix the problem which is covered under warranty. I am writing to ask if your paint issue has been resolved and, if so, whether you have learned anything about the cause. Any information would be helpful if it will assist in taking care of the peeling paint on my Isata.
Thanks.
pwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 02:29 PM   #5

Yes we are having the same problem with the paint peeling on our 2019 Isata 3. Not sure what to do about it or who to talk to.
Chrissuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:23 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

Over the years, there’s been countless reports of Diamond Shield protection ruining tons of vehicles and making the covered areas cause a vehicle to look very old before it’s time.

Not sure if there’s anything in common about these failures.

Can’t believe Diamond Shield is still around.

Here’s a link to only one of thousands…….

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/get...ml#post6426216

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissuz View Post
Yes we are having the same problem with the paint peeling on our 2019 Isata 3. Not sure what to do about it or who to talk to.
We too have the peeling problem...2019 Isata 3. Ours is mainly on the front of rig. It's starting to look bad. I've see two other rigs with the same problem. It appears there is no answers or reply to these postings. Do I need to have a paint shop redo the front cab? Is it best to bring it back to the factory? If so, how do you make an appointment?

Thanks
John Hol
21,000 Miles
J.Hol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 05:54 AM   #8
DBM

So far my 2019 Isata 3 has not started peeling paint anywhere. Knock on wood. Dean
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote