Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #1

Chirping

Every now and then I hear a soft mechanical chirping sound coming from the dash area of my Isata 3. The key is not in the ignition, the chirping is in random times with no certain rhythm or time of day. Seems like it’s coming from the center of the dash. Anyone ever experienced this?

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon
TINSEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINSEAST View Post
Every now and then I hear a soft mechanical chirping sound coming from the dash area of my Isata 3. The key is not in the ignition, the chirping is in random times with no certain rhythm or time of day. Seems like it’s coming from the center of the dash. Anyone ever experienced this?
Don't know about your situation but in the office where I worked the IT guys would leave little "annoyance" devices hidden from time to time. Made random clicks or chirps and when they figured you'd been tortured enough they'd drop by and remove them.

Are you sure you aren't being pranked? [emoji16]

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
Commercial Member

You sure its not a mouse?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #4

Chriping

Not a mouse. It sounds like a bird chirp but definitely mechanical

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon
Old 06-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #5
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

When our factory radio started to fail it would make a chirp or beeping noise when it was not on, with the key off. This was a Riverpark radio. It did this right before it stopped working all together.
DR Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #6

Chirping

Thanks DRQuest. The radio has been kicking on and off while driving, I’ll bet that is the problem. Did you replace yours or have it repaired?

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon
Old 06-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #7

Chirping

Mine is a Riverpark brand also. 2 yrs. old

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon
Old 06-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #8
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

Replaced it. I think a lot of people got rid of the factory radio.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:59 PM   #9

Chirping

Hate to replace it since it’s only 2 yrs old. Called the tech support line today and he told me all the problems are caused by a corrupt nav card. He is sending me a new nav card in return for the old one. Seemed very knowledgeable and very willing to help. I hope this solves the radio problems and chirping. Thanks DRQuest for putting me on the right track

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon
Old 06-12-2020, 09:31 PM   #10

That’s exactly how they fixed mine. Had to send back old one or get charged 200
Radio works perfectly since
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #11
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

I had my card replaced about a year ago also. When it started to act up again I called and he asked me when was the last time I up dated the card. I told him no one ever told me the card had to be updated. He sent out the link to up date it. After updating it the radio work for about 10 minuets. That is what made up my mind to just replace the radio. He did say we should update the card three or four times a year.
Old 06-13-2020, 02:36 PM   #12

DR Quest,

Could you possibly provide the link to the update?

Thanks
Jack
JackinVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #13
2018 Dynaquest 38TS

http://service.xitesolutions.com/Con...ocess%20PC.pdf

Riverpark 1800-442-7717 They can also help with the cards. I always had good service when I called.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:05 AM   #14

DR Quest, Thanks for the information! I did manage to update my SD card using the Rand McNally Dock application. Now I understand the SD card just contains the navigation software/information. I think I need to call Riverpark to get an update to my Infotainment unit software. My problem is I cannot pair my phone under the Bluetooth menu option. The manual show two selection buttons in the lower left and right corners used for pairing, my unit has none.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackinVT View Post
DR Quest, Thanks for the information! I did manage to update my SD card using the Rand McNally Dock application. Now I understand the SD card just contains the navigation software/information. I think I need to call Riverpark to get an update to my Infotainment unit software. My problem is I cannot pair my phone under the Bluetooth menu option. The manual show two selection buttons in the lower left and right corners used for pairing, my unit has none.

Well Riverpark support is apparently not what it used to be, lacking at best. They did get back to me. Suggested doing the system reset, which I had already done, or else the unit will need to be replaced. I then asked about a software update, seeing the missing pairing buttons are software driven. Reply was "It seems the Bluetooth system has failed in the unit. A software update would not bring that function back". Next I asked about a method to re-initialize/re-boot the unit, seeing the system reset appears to only reset operator settable parameters. No word back yet. I was a software engineer prior to retiring. This appears to be a software problem not hardware.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #16

New card

Received a new NAV card from Riverpark. Had to drive the RV about 140 miles today (70 up 70 back) the radio kicked off and on at least 20 times. Might be on 5 min. or 30 sec. might be off 1 min. Or 15 min. Called Riverpark tech line, they had no help, radio 2 yrs old so it’s out of warranty they told me. Got home, pulled the radio out and put a voltmeter on the constant on, ACC, and 1 ground. No change in voltage when the radio shutdown. So it’s not the wiring as far as I can tell.

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon