Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2019, 08:41 PM   #1

Condensation in Side Camera

Does anyone know how to remove the side camera? We have visible condensation in the camera. Will be having the factory take care of this in March but would like to try to correct before then if I can.

Thank you in advance...
Ed

EdandShelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #2

That happen to me a couple of times and it always dries out in a few days once not exposed to rain.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:58 PM   #3

On our 1014 DX3 the rear camera becomes fuzzy/blurry when driving at night (during good weather) to the point where it's pretty much useless. And then it clears up the next day. I've looked at it afterwards & don't see any condensation inside. I've sort of given up on it, but if anyone has cured a similar problem I'd be interested in what to do.
Silver Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #4

I removed and cleaned mine earlier this year - it still gets condensation in them - there are some small ( very small ) fasteners on the side I can’t remember if they are hex head or a small standard screwdriver - look closely you will find them
Old 12-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #5

Thank you
Old 12-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdandShelley View Post
Thank you

After thinking and looking at your picture I believe the little rubber/ plastic piece right by the lens I think has to be removed to access the fasteners
Old 12-22-2019, 05:18 PM   #7

Thank you
You were right.

Two screws into the camera release the cover (slide tab on back). Two screws I to the RV mount the unit.

Once the cover is off...large ring around camera screws off the release camera. Then just pull camera wire from inside RV and unscrew.

Finally, two holes on back enable the rear cal to be unscrewed and the camera comes out of the cylinder. Pretty cool design.

Is clear that water can get behind the lens cover since it is not sealed.

I cleaned it up as much as possible... improved but picture continues to not be 100% clear. Will have it replaced with a new one.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Arrow View Post
On our 1014 DX3 the rear camera becomes fuzzy/blurry when driving at night (during good weather) to the point where it's pretty much useless. And then it clears up the next day. I've looked at it afterwards & don't see any condensation inside. I've sort of given up on it, but if anyone has cured a similar problem I'd be interested in what to do.

Poor IR. Mine is the same way. I replaced it once and the new one is starting to do the same. Mine I'd RVS. Terrible night vision.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #9
Commercial Member

I actually just took a road trip with IR and non-IR cameras.

It is MORE obvious with the quad view camera...but some cameras get more light than others. And so SOME go into night-vision mode before others. Also, with all the ambient light at night (running lights, reverse lights, head lights)...I'm not sure why IR is needed. I think headlights end up washing out the image.

So, I had a camera supplier do a very scientific study. He mounteded one of each to some 2x4's to get them about 10' high. Then we had two monitors, side by side.

Just with tail lights....I felt like the IR version image was washed out. The non-IR colors were more vibrant and the blacks were REALLY black. So at night, I think I would prefer that image. The IR version lightened up the entire image so it seems too bright at night. Plus...up on 2x4's you didn't need to contend with the running lights. I think without IR...on a dark road, you would not see much but around you. Then again...what do you need to see? When in reverse, the place will light up light up like a christmas tree.

Unless I see some reason to have IR...I think I will eventually eliminate them.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera